37577944116_884446075a_c.jpg

Gustave Dubois is a small time merchant who recently has settled in Mooreton Bay with his wife and 7 children. He only has one son, Julien. He and Julien had sailed his small trading vessel out first, then once he had found a house, he sent word for his wife and daughters to join them. The new colony is a great place for a new and cheaper existence, and hopefully some lucrative trade opportunities between the new booming settlements. 

Today, Gustave and Julien are setting out on one such trade voyage aboard their vessel, The Ant. Of course, it sounds better in Gustave's original language, but an industrious vessel she is. 

23773739148_06fb34713b_c.jpg

Note: I am licensing this as my free class 1. 

I was initially wondering why it was sitting so high, but then realized there was a rowboat underneath.  Nifty little ship.  Looks like a fun project to try on a rainy afternoon, and with the weather not looking good this Saturday I may try to emulate you.

Nice Ship! Not sure what you're going to do with it though... Class 1s and below have so few stats.

On 10/11/2017 at 4:15 AM, Professor Thaum said:

lol, lovely little ship

Thank you!

On 10/11/2017 at 1:03 PM, blackdeathgr said:

chibi-like ship! I like it!

Thank you!

On 10/11/2017 at 4:50 PM, Spud The Viking said:

Very nice! I love the sails.

Thank you! I have seen others use this style before and I thought this was a great time to try them out. 

14 hours ago, Puvel said:

Very clever! Looks like fun to sail with 

Thank you! It actually would 'probably' float in the bathtub though I haven't tried it yet. It might ride a bit low. But in BOBS it is a great sailing vessel. :laugh:

14 hours ago, Sir Stig said:

Naw, the cutestest ship. It looks like it aspires to be bigger than it is. In a good way. :thumbup:

LOL. Thank you! 

13 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

Great build-out of that prefab rowboat. Very clever. Nicely done! :thumbup:

Thank you! It was a fun afternoon challenge to make this rowboat into a sailing vessel. 

12 hours ago, Kwatchi said:

I was initially wondering why it was sitting so high, but then realized there was a rowboat underneath.  Nifty little ship.  Looks like a fun project to try on a rainy afternoon, and with the weather not looking good this Saturday I may try to emulate you.

Thank you! It did take an afternoon (and a little of the evening too.) The front was the hardest part for me but in the end it turned out ok. I look forward to your attempt at the rowboat sailboat

Just now, Mesabi said:

Nice Ship! Not sure what you're going to do with it though... Class 1s and below have so few stats.

Thank you! Lots of cargo and lots of maneuver. It is sailing back and forth between all the small cities, just like the story says. Plus it doesn't hurt if I lose it. Though I may have to post about a mourning widow if it sinks. :pir_tong2: 

A cute little boat, simple and effective, it even has storage compartment. It tooks me a while to realize that it's built on prefab rowboat, nice job.

6 hours ago, Bodi said:

A cute little boat, simple and effective, it even has storage compartment. It tooks me a while to realize that it's built on prefab rowboat, nice job.

Thank you. Just to be clear it is built on the larger prefab rowboat not the standard ones. 

Also here are a couple more pictures from above. 

20171013_10583820171013_105926