Anio

UCS Jedi Interceptor

2 hours ago, sandtrooper said:

There are four shops with that part on Bricklink.  The cheapest one is $71.25US.

New. The set only goes for like 200 and there isn't anything else unique in it (beside control panel). Used it only sells for 20 or so, hardly a deal breaker. 

I have always considered those scale questions very irrelevant.

Why different ships should have the same scale ? They have to meet different requirement, building techniques, uses specific parts, etc. Two ships have generally different challenges, hence different scales.

Whatever.

You are lucky with this one.

By a happy accident, my Jedi Interceptors are exactly the same scale as 10215. They are 1:17.

I just recently discovered that you had made another UCS model!  It looks great.  Way better than the one I made a couple of years ago: Link 

Also I'd love to purchase a copy of the instructions when you make them available.

It would be really cool to see you make a UCS General Grievous Wheel Bike next. :wink:

That cockpit must have taken a lot of tinkering. It is not ideal but boy I wouldnt dare to say that there is a better way how to pull it off in this scale! Great model, as usual.

The only thing I might like to see updated is the R2 head poking out from the wing. Is there any chance you could suggest his 'shoulders' showing through so it somehow suggests that there is whole R2 unit seated in the wing? Right now it looks like just the head unit cut of and mounted onto the surface of the wing, whereas in the movie they (while bending the laws of 3D space) forced the droid to actually fit in the wing :D

1 hour ago, thecrea1or said:

It would be really cool to see you make a UCS General Grievous Wheel Bike next. :wink:

That one must be tricky to do with Lego bricks. :o

28 minutes ago, krisandkris12 said:

That cockpit must have taken a lot of tinkering. It is not ideal but boy I wouldnt dare to say that there is a better way how to pull it off in this scale! Great model, as usual.

The only thing I might like to see updated is the R2 head poking out from the wing. Is there any chance you could suggest his 'shoulders' showing through so it somehow suggests that there is whole R2 unit seated in the wing? Right now it looks like just the head unit cut of and mounted onto the surface of the wing, whereas in the movie they (while bending the laws of 3D space) forced the droid to actually fit in the wing :D

Thanks.

I have to say that I quite like the cockpit how it is. I can't think of any possibility to make it in a different way.
Regarding the shoulders of R2, this is something I considered. But I didn't includ it for 2 reasons.
First, they are located diagonally on the real Jedi Interceptor, which doesn't fit with the studs on the wings.

Second, if I add mini slopes to reproduce the shoulders, they will appear to be too high. Indeed, the shoulders are partially in the thickness of the wing. See picture.

JediInterceptors.jpg

^ Makes sense. Perhaps its the square tile underlay that's beneath the head at the moment that makes it look a bit to artificial. Have you tried without it?

Tiles add an extra texture/variation to the wings, which is not a bad thing in my opinion.

And of course, it enables the R2 unit to rotate properly. I also didn't want to put the turntable IN the wings. I wanted to keep the plate 6x6 LBG to maintain the integrity of the build.

Salut toujours pas de plan car je serai intéressé merci 

Edited by Seb84

Not yet. I hope we will be able to offer one some day.

Hi,

I could finally find some time to do the videos...

Hi !

I did the dark green Jedi Interceptor of Anakin Skywalker from Episode III.

Very similar to the yellow and dark green versions I made some time ago.

44553088780_95405e2c67_b.jpgUCS Anakin Skywalker's Jedi Interceptor by Anio, sur Flickr

44553088600_5424a9f290_b.jpgUCS Anakin Skywalker's Jedi Interceptor by Anio, sur Flickr

FlickR Gallery :

Brickshelf : http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=576263

And family pictures :

181218093802602620.jpg

18121809382745021.jpg

181218093840606411.jpg

Looking good Anio, I like the green version a lot - never a huge yellow fan - if only we had enough purple coloured pieces as a Mace Eta would look fab... 

I hadn't seen this before. Let me just say you did an more than amazing job. You absolutely nailed the cockpit section, which seems the hardest part of the ship to recreate in this scale. This is better than official UCS sets. Also, the green version is my favorite. :blush:

On 12/20/2018 at 7:41 AM, Hold0511 said:

Looking good Anio, I like the green version a lot - never a huge yellow fan - if only we had enough purple coloured pieces as a Mace Eta would look fab... 

The yellow one is probably my favorite model. :)

I think yellow + blue from R2 makes a nice color scheme.

A dark blue version (Utapau) would be nice, but there is no copper R2 printed dome available. And I highly doubt we will get one any time soon.

Not to mention that a dark blue Jedi Interceptor would have to be made with an hyperdrive ring.

On 12/20/2018 at 2:37 PM, Hollander said:

I hadn't seen this before. Let me just say you did an more than amazing job. You absolutely nailed the cockpit section, which seems the hardest part of the ship to recreate in this scale. This is better than official UCS sets.

Thank you !

I can see why you think the cockpit was the hardest part to design.
But the wings are, by far, the part where I struggled the most. Especially to make them foldable with appropriate stops.

Hi !

I have finally decided to offer the possibility for people to reproduce these Jedi Interceptors.

Instructions are LDD 3D file with modular design. So it is pretty easy to use.

I offer UCS sticker as well.

The yellow version is the easiest one to reproduce. The Dark Green one uses some expensive parts but they tend to be cheaper now. The Dark Red version is the most tricky one as it requires 4 refs to be painted with the current parts available.

The price is 30€ for one model.

To get the instructions, you can send me a PM on Eurobricks, Youtube, or FlickR. Or even more convenient, you can email me at setechnic@gmail.com

I generally reply pretty quickly.

st21st22st23190420211.jpg

st21st22st23190420212.jpg

Hello !

Professional building instructions are finally available for my UCS Jedi Interceptors. Leewan helped me on that project. And hopefully we will work together to make more projects soon. :)

The instructions are available for the yellow, dark red and dark green versions. Each instructions comes at 30€.

Professional renders, modular build, detailed steps, and sticker are included in the PDF.

You can purchase the instructions on Rebrickable, or directly to me by reaching me out by email at setechnic@gmail.com

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-169274/Aniomylone/anakin-skywalkers-interceptor/#details

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-169271/Aniomylone/ucs-anakin-skywalkers-interceptor/#details

01.jpg

05.jpg

07.jpg

Hopefully you like it. :)