Sign in to follow this  
Tezclatipoca

[Esl - AMRCA] Faladrin : The second part of the map

Adventure MRCA : The second part of the map

Adventure Introduction :

It is now well known that Felipe de la Manzana is looking for the Golden Apple.

It is well known that this treasure has been hidden by the Gods and can provide Knowledge to the one who bites it.

It is well known that Felipe and his faithfull First Officier encountered Native tribes that helped them to find an incomplete map that could lead to this treasure.

Well, if this treasure is real...

The Adventure begins :

For now, Felipe de la Manzana is more than sure the Golden Apple is at his reach and he is just lacking the second half of the map he managed to collect in the Lost Golden City.

He sent over many ships (and even, a phlogisphere...) to finally have a lead to where to look at...

He is now sure the Pirates brotherhood called the Old Beard Caliquot Gang, in  Low Town, Charlatan Bay, has the second half of "HIS" map ! It's not tolerable ! He has to act !

So, he sent his most trustfull man, his First Officer, Basil, to a secret meeting in a tavern in Charlatan Bay.

36924821323_49244f6fac_z.jpg

- Nice to meet you, Tezclatipoca. Said Basil sitting at the table of the native.

- Heyrr ! snarled the cannibal swallowing an apple and a glass of rum.

- I am here today to talk to you about an opportunity ! A great one ! You'll never lack anything to eat ! The last sentence hit the glouttonous native strait to the stomac.

- Never lack food ? Ever ?! he spit with some projections from the previously eaten apple.

- Yes ! I assure you that my boss will provide you all the food you'll desire at any time and any cost... Added Basil, strong of the intel he's got about the greed of the cannibal.

- And what d'ya want in exchange ? Carefully asked Tezclatipoca now curious and with an empty plate.

- Let's get inside, and I'll explain you all our plan in front of a good meal I am offering you !

- Ok ! Hope yar wallet is well rounded... And the native followed the lead of Basil.

Once downstairs, on the main room of the tavern, the cannibal ordered a Pantagruelish feast !

The kitchen of this little inn of the Low Town suffered of the glouttonery of Tezclatipoca while Basil extracted from him and its lack of attention the main information he was sent to collect.

23741955308_44d8fe5e22_z.jpg

23741970658_36ac342dbd_z.jpg

- So, my dear friend, Now I bought you this promising meal, can we discuss...

- Yar ! Shurre ! Spit out the native engulfing the pies, apples, chicken legs and other delicious food he had at his hand.

- I would like to know something... Something your captain may know... Something about a map...

- Arh ! The half map of our captain ! It's not a secret ! Ahah ! You paid me such a meal for that ! Laughed the cannibal.

- Yes, because I don't want to know where he is hiding it, but I'd like to know where it leads... And I'd like to know the secret he is hiding with his first officer. I know the actual first officer of your captain was not the first Dreadfull Bill but I'd like to know who was the first.

- Arhh... that's an intel ! Yelled the native cannibal. Ok, so, with your garranty of having all the food I want and, not being armed during your raid, I can tell it to you.

- You have my and my boss words on those two points. I can garranty this to you. Ensured Basil.

- Ok, it is rummoured that the old first First Officer of the Captain was an ancient Eslandolan guy named Juan de Hespérida. He would had been cast away by the captain because of the map you're searching... So be careful ! We arrrh supposed to sail towards Eslandolan coast around Nellisa to catch nice preys this run... But I didn't tell ya !

- Juan de ... Basil spit out all his cider hearing  this name. It is the outcast Felipe and I... Oh ! That's  astonishing !

Once back to The Brickwall Frigate, Basil explained the conditions and the course of the Old beard caliquot Gang to Felipe de la Manzana.

37594810261_9d53861e59_z.jpg

- Well, my dear Basil, it is simple ! We need to catch that pirate ship ! Steal the map and, if possible, save the native who sold you the intel. Strange that we found the former first officer of this pirate crew as an outcast at the beginning of our journey... The gods have strange moves sometimes...

Let's set sail north west !

37562656512_3282814b77_z.jpg

So this is my run for the Adventure MRCA !

Summary :

* Participating ship : The Brickwall

* Locations : heading from Charlatan Bay towards Nellisa.

* Departure port : Charlatan Bay, Inferno Pordejon

* Arriving port : Nova Terrelli, Nellisa

* Goal : Chase and intercept, with the Brickwall frigate, the pirate vessel called the Red Nose Deer lead by captain Old Beard Caliquot. Board it and rob the map to the Pirates. If, possible, the side quest would be to save Tezclatipoca from the pirates to hire him.

* Characters :

Felipe de la Manzana, Leading the Brickwall and the mission.

Basil de Eslandola, First Officier on the Brickwall.

Captain Old Beard Caliquot, Pirate captain, captain of the Red Nose Deer, a pirate predatoring vessel.

Tezclatipoca, the glouttonous cannibal, sailor on board of the Red Nose Deer, betrayed Old Beard Caliquot.

Edited by Faladrin

Can't wait to see where this goes @Faladrin!  The Pub scene is very nice. And of course, the Brickwall is too. 

@Faladrin

The ship's bell tolled - midnight. And just as scheduled, the shape of Nelissa's coastline could be spotted against the horizon in the far distance - the Brickwall frigate was closing in on the alleged location of Captain Old Beard Caliquot's infamous flagship - the Red Nose Deer. From now on, Felipe de la Manzana ordered, there was total silence to be maintained! Half an hour and a cunning move later they had managed to circumvent the dreaded 'puño de león' - a dangerous cliff on Nelissa's south-western coast, surrounded by strong currents - grave to countless careless captains and their crews. Now the way was clear, and soon they would find out if the intel Basil de Eslandola had obtained from Tezclatipoca the cannibal was worth the risks Felipe was burdening on his men.

Suddenly, a mast against the clear full-moon sky! Felipe's heart was racing. And only a heartbeat later it became clear - that vessel was indeed the Red Nose Deer!

All eyes were on Felipe - 'What are your orders, captain?'

• This is a bigger ship than I had thought! Let's not attack them outright, but instead set a course of pursuit - we'll get them when they are busy dealing with some other prey!
    • One build required.
  • The winds are in our favor - use the weather gauge, gain on them, and prepare the men to board - let's get that map!
    • One build required.
  • Wait an hour more - they are probably getting drunk as we speak - then find a way to board the vessel unnoticed while most of the crew is asleep, get the map and free our friend! Be careful, though - there's still a chance you might get noticed!
    • Three vignettes required!

Just catching up now with all the AMRCAs and found this little gem.  Glad to find nefariousness is going on in my colony! :pir-grin:

Hello,

I have been unable to build the continuation of this adventure this month, sorry. I will have to report my answer to the next MRCA on December. Sorry guys for the delay.

And here is my answer :

Wait an hour more...

The Brickwall drop anchor at a safe distance from the Red Nose Deer as it appered to Felipe that this pirate ship was a Heavy Armed Frigate and could took over his ship. So, he decided it would be safe to wait the night until the pirate crew got completely drunk...

Then the plan was to sneak on board to collect the map and eventually save Tezclatipoca the cannibal.

Using a cloudy moonlight, Felipe oredered a team to get into the ship quietly with the dinghy. Of course, himself would be here, but would leave his crew deal with any resistance and save the glouttonous native while he would entered the captain cabin to steal the map.

25688944488_5dd249c72c_c.jpg

The first part of the plan worked well, the dinghy was not even noticed by the drunken pirates.

39558925061_1b1bc79f49_z.jpg

The team boarded the pirate frigate by the aft side using the ratlines to get foot on the upper deck. Obviously, Tezclatipoca was awaiting them and added he helped some pirates to get "really" drunk... He seemed a little tipsy himself...

38662930215_13e100e37b_z.jpg

During this time Felipe de la Manzana entered safely in the Captain Old Beard Caliquot cabin.

The old pirate was asleep of the strong sleep of the drunken... An Felipe had the time to pick the map among the other maps spread over on the pirate captain's table.

All the plan seemed to work well. The crew had to leave this ship by the dinghy and returned to The Brickwall Frigate to set sail towards Nova Terreli the fastest as they can !

Edited by Faladrin

I love the cabin, and the bed of captain old beard... are the table and chair the same as the ones in your built for ship limit bypass ?

Edited by Professor Thaum

Love Santa's Old Beard Caliquot's posing there! :pir-laugh:  Great story, and really nice work, especially with the cabin scene!

As the crew of the Brickwall continues towards Nova Terelli, they find that the map they are following is older than they thought. The map lacks multiple islands and is marked all over, producing more questions than answers.

Map of the Sea of Thieves 85xnKJAA4Q29bHKb-3XXavQej4hjVmBvZrChcYAgjUbppEACZ78-BSlz60-0oX-IWIbgGZ-MQTmM0NXg9L1YdKvWNC8CG4cJKW6WCouaSD9HVKDOPHBexrRu4kJ6UVXEXafKOKQ4

a) Safe: "Onward to Nova Terreli! We need to try finding a treasure map expert or a guide to help us

on our journey."

b)Risky: "Helmsman, set a course! We can find the Golden Apple ourselves!”

c) Elaborate: “Full sail to Nova Terreli, we need to get more supplies before we look for the map ourselves!” (For this option you need two vignettes)

I especially love the forced perspective in the first image. Lovely shot. Also the drunk captain is really well done.

On 7 janvier 2018 at 7:09 PM, Professor Thaum said:

I love the cabin, and the bed of captain old beard... are the table and chair the same as the ones in your built for ship limit bypass ?

Thanks mate !

I've liked this chair design that's all ! And so expect to see it from time to time on my builds. :laugh:

On 8 janvier 2018 at 1:45 PM, Garmadon said:

Love Santa's Old Beard Caliquot's posing there! :pir-laugh:  Great story, and really nice work, especially with the cabin scene!

Ahah ! Yes Santa Old Beard Caliquot's drunk pose gave me some headache... The hat was particularly difficult to maintain correctly without falling. Thank you ! 

15 minutes ago, Elostirion said:

I especially love the forced perspective in the first image. Lovely shot. Also the drunk captain is really well done.

Thank you Elo ! I've not done forced perspective for a while and I am happy you liked it !

I am a little bit surprised by the way the quest is taking... What an intriguing map... Missing Nellisa and with a shining spot marked Golden Apple (well Manzana de Oro) like as it was so simple... I don't really know where to go with it... Probably the safe way... The marked spot is yelling "TRAP !" In my opinion.

Very good story and nice builds, curious to see if the pirates will pursue de la Manzana or if this apple of knowledge is real...

Hello.

Thanks to the new rules, I am asking to GM to close this Adventure on this build :

ciRQHfVl.jpg

Z4NsCWcl.jpg

Felipe headed forward to reach Nova Terelli and joined Tezclatipoca the cannibal to a gargantuan meal at the best tavern he could find.

- Now you are with me, said the adventurer, I would like to have you on my crew, like my First Officer initially offered you.

- Yeah... glurp... forrrrh Sure.... Swallowed the native continuing his meal.

- So we will try to get intel on this map before heading towards on obvious trap. I am sure I could find something about this map and the other half I had in my possession before facing an awful situation...

- Yar... only answered the gloutonous native.

nGvanNDl.jpg

vLH63sml.jpg

It is time to me to close this part of the quest.

I will probably sold the Golden Apple chase with solid freebuilds.

I will reserve the Adventure MRCA system for other adventures, not including my main story and character.

So I would like, if possible have an end on this one, thank you !

@Faladrin The map was complete, and the Brickwall frigate had proven a sturdy companion in the quest. (BoBs card with +1 in range awarded, locked to the Brickwall)

However, the old and musky map was still hard to decipher, and the exact location of the golden apple would probably still need some investigation before revealing itself... Only time would show what Felipe would make of this...

Sorry for the delay, Faladrin. I will do the paperwork for the BoBS card shortly. You are free to continue the journey at your own pace, and can always ask for GM input if you feel it necessary at some point in the future. The Brickwall is free to rejoin normal tmrca schedule as you please. Any questions? :)

I never commented this storyline but it was nice to read and full of interesting building techniques. Your scenes are very nice, but the Brickwall is the real masterpiece… by sure it deserved the bonus card!

Thank you guys ! 

I'll continue the story of course; but at my rythm. I went to a too much ambitious building that didn't work at all some kind of temple, mayan style... but really fragile and not satisfying enough to be seen... so I dismantled it. I will try another thing for my quest. There will be more of Flipe be sure of that ! Now on, I am concentrated on the challenge; and being busy for an event that was obviously cancelled due to Coronavirus; I will start to publish all those MOCs just waiting to be photographed ! :laugh::excited: