Murdoch17

Adventurers "Deja Vu 2" - steam-powered Junk (70618 MOD)

To create this steampunk-like Adventurers vessel, I added six studs of length to the Destiny's Bounty (set 70618), removed the sails, lanterns, flags, plants and assorted details.

37562330502_3826c5f14d_z.jpg

I then put twin smokestacks on the deck, and dual paddle wheels amidships.

36812755824_4fba9c3771_z.jpg

I was inspired to do all this by this picture of a prototype of the Destiny's Bounty from the "Making of the Ninjago movie" book. (Pic courtesy of legozeba's Flickr page)

37562331262_7cfccf6b1b_z.jpg

The rear of the ship is supposed to feature "Deja Vu 2" in printed 1 x 1 tiles next to the telescope on the balcony.

37562331722_1b0143b3a8_z.jpg

I'm still working on the inside details, which should hopefully have an engine room with boilers to power the paddles.

I haven't thought up a backstory for this ship.... yet. (I'm still working on incorporating it into my Adventurers / Monster Fighters / Pharaoh's Quest / Alpha Team shared universe story-wise.)

Any thoughts, ideas, criticism, or complaints are welcome, and are helpful in making the ship better, so please, post away!!

EDIT 101/10/17: I just added restyled and enclosed ship's bridge with actual windows, plus a new name: Deja Vu 2. I bet you heard it somewhere before... :wink:

Edited by Murdoch17

12 hours ago, sander1992 said:

Nice concept, but I think those wheels need some decoration.

5 hours ago, Ragana9289 said:

Wheel some decorative.

Better now @sander1992 @Ragana9289? I just added restyled the paddle wheels and enclosed the ship's bridge with actual windows and roof, plus a new name: Deja Vu 2. I bet you heard it somewhere before... :wink:

On 11/23/2017 at 9:00 PM, turk187 said:

This is really cool. Are you going to build it for real? I'm thinking i might build something similar myself.

Sadly, this model will not be built, but you can build it if you want. Please post pictures if you do @turk187!

Edited by Murdoch17