Kai NRG

BoBS CMF - Series 5

Figured I'd jump on the bandwagon here!

BoBS%20CMF%20Series%20%281%29.jpg

BoBS%20CMF%20Series%20%282%29.jpg

Baker

BoBS%20CMF%20Series%20%288%29.jpg

"A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand."
Whether you eat to live or live to eat, you can be sure this Eslandian Baker has something that will hit the spot!  Though her goods may feed the appetite, she doesn't take life easy herself; baking is hard work and starts early in the morning!

Heavy Infantryman

BoBS%20CMF%20Series%20%289%29.jpg

"For gold and country!"
Cheerful, brave, and adventurous, the Eslandian Heavy Infantryman is ready to face anything to advance the cause of wealth and of Eslandola.  His chunky armor provides protection against even musket balls from long range, and no natives of the Brick Seas islands stand a chance against him!

Oktoberfest Boy

BoBS%20CMF%20Series%20%287%29.jpg

"C'mon, milord and milady, join the party!"
The Eslandian Oktoberfest Boy thoroughly enjoys his job of being a cute invitation, since it involves so many free pretzels!

Cop

BoBS%20CMF%20Series%20%284%29.jpg

"Police Corrington, police the world."
Following the law begins at home, as every good Corry knows!  This Cop is dedicated to insuring obedience in the streets of Corrington's cities.  No crime goes unseen... nor unpunished!

Lady-in-Waiting

BoBS%20CMF%20Series%20%285%29.jpg

"Diamonds are very well, your Majesty, but commend me to a rich square of dark chocolate..."
The Corrington Lady-in-Waiting has become practically a fixture in the royal household.  Witty, pleasant tempered, and well dressed, her companionship is highly valued by Her Majesty Queen Annetta.

Musician

BoBS%20CMF%20Series%20%286%29.jpg

"The wind blows northwards, northwards,
And my song moves with it..."*

Having begun to play this squeaky instrument at a very young age, the Corrington Musician has become proficient at producing sounds that delight the lords and ladies of the Corrington court.  He often accompanies his melodies with extemporaneous poetry.
*Paraphrase from Robert Donn... and please do note that Corrington is in the north...

Pirate Captain

BoBS%20CMF%20Series%20%2817%29.jpg

"Prepare to die! ...and here I am, talking to a corpse again."
They don't come any tougher than this Sea Rat Captain!  This baddie stabs first, and warns later.  A cross between heavy-armed knight and wiry sea captain, he is an utter stranger to weariness, fatigue, and pity.

Prospector

BoBS%20CMF%20Series%20%2819%29.jpg

"If it glitters... grab it!"
The Sea Rat Prospector is rugged, tough, and fiercely protective of his claims.  Don't mess with his gold, and whatever you do, don't try to tax it!

Cartographer

BoBS%20CMF%20Series%20%2818%29.jpg

"Do we know what's on that island?  No matter, I always enjoy inventing the details."
This Sea Rat Cartographer loves her job - and especially loves not paying taxes.  She's honest and hardworking, however, so if you need a nicely drawn treasure map, be sure she'll keep your secret like the grave!

Scribe

BoBS%20CMF%20Series%20%2815%29.jpg

BoBS%20CMF%20Series%20%2814%29.jpg

"As the wise man says, 'Tantum mortuis vidi finem belli...' and when I have more leisure, you may ask me for a translation."
This Oleon Scribe has spent his years poring over musty documents until ancient wisdom is oozing out at every pore.  Unfortunately his quotations are often in ancient languages, and it's almost impossible to catch him with enough leisure to provide a translation...

Soldier

BoBS%20CMF%20Series%20%2816%29.jpg

"Left, left, left, right, left!"
The Oleon Soldier may not look special, but these are the backbone of the Kingdom of Light.  Unquestioningly disciplined, the Soldier is ready to march to the furthest corner of the globe if his commander gives the word!

Hangman

BoBS%20CMF%20Series%20%2813%29.jpg

BoBS%20CMF%20Series%20%2812%29.jpg

"Bring fire and cord!"
The Oleon faith isn't all beds of roses.  Heretics prejudice the innocent populace and must be dealt with severely!  The Oleon Hangman knows this, and is prepared always to do his duty.

Courier

BoBS%20CMF%20Series%20%283%29.jpg

"I'll be there before you can say, 'How much mail could a mailman mail if a mailman could mail mail!"
This Courier hails from all corners of the Brick Seas!  He travels constantly, and nothing beats his letters for speed.  What's more, he's responsible and trustworthy, and has often carried top secret documents for some of the most important personages of the Brick Seas.  The Courier is also very popular wherever he stops, since he always brings the very latest news!

Fisherman

BoBS%20CMF%20Series%20%2810%29.jpg

"If it swims, I'll catch it!"
This Garvey Fisherman is sure to always be found in or on the water.  Fishing is more than his job, it's his passion!  He dreams of walking into Kieg one day with the Kraaken on the end of his line!

Tribal Drummer

BoBS%20CMF%20Series%20%2820%29.jpg

BoBS%20CMF%20Series%20%2821%29.jpg

"Kawata!  Kawata!  Tara-tara!"
Cry havoc, and cast loose the drums of war!  War and drums is what this Tribal Drummer lives for.  He's never in as good spirits as when beating time for a jolly war dance!

Sea Captain

BoBS%20CMF%20Series%20%2811%29.jpg

"Lower the halyards, furl the topsails!"
This Mardier Captain's husband was a Captain before her, and when he passed, she decided to carry on in her own right.  At first, her sailors were more than skeptical, but she has shown her mettle on numerous occasions, and thanks to her navigational skills, her ships have made many dangerous voyages in safety.

Well, there you have 'em, sixteen figures!  They were fun to build!

Edited by Kai NRG
Fixing Pictures

Very good! You've got some really interesting figures in the group. My favorite is the Oleon scribe (what torso and legs have you used?). Other favorites are the baker (much more representative of my view of Eslandola than my socialite), the hangman (who makes that hood?), and OH! that sea captain at the end! (Again, what torso and legs are those?) The musician and lady-in-waiting are also very good, and the write-ups in general are very clever! :thumbup:

And of course I may have to use Oktoberfest Boy for next year's poster. :pir-grin:

What to say? - another great series! :pir-grin:  The Corrington Cop, Pirate Captain, Hangman, and Tribal Drummer are some of my favorites, but there are a lot of other neat ones as well!  Really like that Pirate Captain's quip too! :pir_laugh2: :thumbup:

1 hour ago, Capt Wolf said:

My favorite is the Oleon scribe (what torso and legs have you used?)... OH! that sea captain at the end! (Again, what torso and legs are those?)

The first is Sensei Wu's here, and the other is Cole ZX's - both are really awesome, though! :classic:

The scribe and musician are my favorites, followed by lady-in-waiting, hangman and octoberfest boy. :thumbup:

That's a good jump on the bandwagon, indeed !

the hanging guy is very original ! From where is his hood ? 

A good continuation !

now that's 5 CMF Series... I would probably give it a try myself...

Edited by Faladrin

Top notch as usual! We want more people delving into BoBS series (and many many many signatures to force TLG to produce such a minifig series :tongue: )

On 10/9/2017 at 11:35 AM, Capt Wolf said:

Very good! You've got some really interesting figures in the group. My favorite is the Oleon scribe (what torso and legs have you used?). Other favorites are the baker (much more representative of my view of Eslandola than my socialite), the hangman (who makes that hood?), and OH! that sea captain at the end! (Again, what torso and legs are those?) The musician and lady-in-waiting are also very good, and the write-ups in general are very clever! :thumbup:

And of course I may have to use Oktoberfest Boy for next year's poster. :pir-grin:

Thanks!  Garmadon has the torsos right, and I'm pretty sure that's a Brick Warriors hood but most of my custom parts have been prizes and I don't do a good job keeping track of where they're from. :pir-grin:

Feel free to do so! :pir-wink:

On 10/9/2017 at 12:53 PM, Garmadon said:

What to say? - another great series! :pir-grin:  The Corrington Cop, Pirate Captain, Hangman, and Tribal Drummer are some of my favorites, but there are a lot of other neat ones as well!  Really like that Pirate Captain's quip too! :pir_laugh2: :thumbup:

Thanks Garmadon!  I believe I'm going to have to use some of these figs in a MOC or two sometime!

On 10/9/2017 at 1:22 PM, Sir Stig said:

The scribe and musician are my favorites, followed by lady-in-waiting, hangman and octoberfest boy. :thumbup:

Thanks Sir Stig!  The scribe and hangman are for sure among my favorites too!

23 hours ago, Faladrin said:

That's a good jump on the bandwagon, indeed !

the hanging guy is very original ! From where is his hood ? 

A good continuation !

now that's 5 CMF Series... I would probably give it a try myself...

Like I said to Capt Wolf, I believe it's a Brick Warriors hood, but I'm not quite sure.  Would be great to see a series 7 (that's what we're on now, right?) from you! :thumbup:   Thank you!

44 minutes ago, blackdeathgr said:

Top notch as usual! We want more people delving into BoBS series (and many many many signatures to force TLG to produce such a minifig series :tongue: )

:pir-laugh:  Thanks blackdeathgr!

Kai, any chance of seeing Oktoberfest Boy (or the Baker, for that matter) in a minichallenge entry from you?

Yet another great continuation Kai, great job! My favourites are... well to start definitely the Corrie policemen - he is perfect! Also the Oleon Scribe, the Sea Captain, the Hangman and the Baker. Actually I probably good go on, but then I'd just list all of them... :pir-laugh:

2 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

Kai, any chance of seeing Oktoberfest Boy (or the Baker, for that matter) in a minichallenge entry from you?

It's on my list of upcoming deadlines, and I'd love to get an entry in, but this month is looking really busy for me... I've got 4 WIPs on my desk already and one SHIP begging to be torn apart, so I don't know if I'll make it!

2 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

Yet another great continuation Kai, great job! My favourites are... well to start definitely the Corrie policemen - he is perfect! Also the Oleon Scribe, the Sea Captain, the Hangman and the Baker. Actually I probably good go on, but then I'd just list all of them... :pir-laugh:

Thanks Ayrlego!  The Corry policeman is a missed opportunity for someone to have an awesome unique sig-fig character! :pir-laugh:

Edited by Kai NRG

Excellent series, descriptions, and presentation. :wub: I like them all except... the Pirate Captain, which looks a bit cartoonish to me.

Favorites are the Cop, or "Constable" in Corrington :wink:; the Prospector, which is the perfect type of use for the body of that stupid robo-thingy Wiley Fusebot (although he needs to be more careful with that pick after putting out an eye and punching holes in his hat and clothes :grin: ); and the Scribe, which is fantastic.

But you should have included a Psychiatrist, because... I find myself strangely attracted to the Lady-in-waiting. She's beautiful! :pir-laugh:

11 hours ago, Captain Dee said:

Excellent series, descriptions, and presentation. :wub: I like them all except... the Pirate Captain, which looks a bit cartoonish to me.

Favorites are the Cop, or "Constable" in Corrington :wink:; the Prospector, which is the perfect type of use for the body of that stupid robo-thingy Wiley Fusebot (although he needs to be more careful with that pick after putting out an eye and punching holes in his hat and clothes :grin: ); and the Scribe, which is fantastic.

But you should have included a Psychiatrist, because... I find myself strangely attracted to the Lady-in-waiting. She's beautiful! :pir-laugh:

Thank you Captain Dee!  :pir-laugh: about the pick!  Yes, a bit of caution is definitely in order!

Some wonderfully executed minifigures in a great presentation.

And so many to love here! Fisherman, hangman, lady-in-waiting - are all amazing. The scribe is even more fantastic. 

Who I like the most, though, are the prospector (simple and basic idea, clean and simple minifig, but so super-effective, just wonderful) and most of all the Sea Captain. I find it extraordinarily hard to create strong female characters in Lego. I either end up with a "lady"-character, or with a "viking-lady" like character. Your Sea Captain however is elegant, slim (those white arms do wonders I assume, perfect torso and weapon as well), she is female - yet full of strength. Still amazed, I'd say the very best minifig I have seen in BoBS to date.

3 hours ago, Elostirion said:

Some wonderfully executed minifigures in a great presentation.

And so many to love here! Fisherman, hangman, lady-in-waiting - are all amazing. The scribe is even more fantastic. 

Who I like the most, though, are the prospector (simple and basic idea, clean and simple minifig, but so super-effective, just wonderful) and most of all the Sea Captain. I find it extraordinarily hard to create strong female characters in Lego. I either end up with a "lady"-character, or with a "viking-lady" like character. Your Sea Captain however is elegant, slim (those white arms do wonders I assume, perfect torso and weapon as well), she is female - yet full of strength. Still amazed, I'd say the very best minifig I have seen in BoBS to date.

You too?  I find female characters incredibly complicated in LEGO as well! :pir-grin:  I think it's in part that the facial expressions (at least the ones I have) are all either happy, screaming, or furious.  It's much harder to find a female face that really conveys some sort of specific character idea than it is to find a male one.  Good point about the white arms helping.  At the time of editing the picture I was just thinking about how terrible a white and black combo is to photograph. :pir-laugh: 

Thank you!