Sign in to follow this  
The Librarian

A pair of darts

A couple of spaceships I built over the last couple of months. Not SHIPs by any stretch of the imagination but I hope they pass muster regardless.

This is a shape I've wanted to build for a while but hadn't quite worked out before now.

23720284218_64fd3bd14b_c.jpgClassic Space Ship by Librarian-Bot, on Flickr

23720282828_9ca71aea32_c.jpgClassic Space Ship by Librarian-Bot, on Flickr

37540458112_d04830582f_c.jpgClassic Space Ship by Librarian-Bot, on Flickr

And a larger Space Police variant.

23720286928_43e7829e82_c.jpgSpace Police Striker by Librarian-Bot, on Flickr

23720285128_222f5714d0_c.jpgSpace Police Striker by Librarian-Bot, on Flickr

Enjoy!

Oh My Gosh! I love both of these ships!  *oh2*

Their very long noses, blunt wings, and angled tailfins give these spacecraft a sort of retro, Buck Rogers/Flash Gordon type rocketcraft look, something I seriously dig! :sweet:

Excellent work! :thumbup:

On 10/9/2017 at 10:08 AM, Umbra-Manis said:

Great work! My only critique is the windscreen color on the Space Police one, but otherwise these are sweet!

A very similar part exists in trans red: https://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=x224&colorID=17&in=A

It's two studs shorter though.

I like the red stripes in the black sections. It nicely accentuates the "Police" printed pieces.

Thanks everyone!

On 10/10/2017 at 6:49 PM, Leonardo da Bricki said:

So smooth and pointy!!! Classic shaping, I love both of them! :wub: I cannot believe they balance on such a small stand... Great work! :thumbup:

They both balance pretty well but it's definitely a more delicate task for the Space Police version.

On 09/10/2017 at 6:08 PM, Umbra-Manis said:

Great work! My only critique is the windscreen color on the Space Police one, but otherwise these are sweet!

On 10/10/2017 at 8:26 PM, danth said:

A very similar part exists in trans red: https://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=x224&colorID=17&in=A

It's two studs shorter though.

I own that part, in fact, but the shape of it would have flowed badly with the rest of the model. I opted for the orange piece instead since I was using CMF space marines in place of any actual Space Police minifgures and it fit with them. Plus, orange means the cockpit is that bit more visible through the window!

Edited by The Librarian

Wow, those have some fantastic lines. Great spaceships even if they won't hit SHIP size.

Now... Any plans for Classic Space colours? :laugh:

3 hours ago, The Librarian said:

I own that part, in fact, but the shape of it would have flowed badly with the rest of the model. I opted for the orange piece instead since I was using CMF space marines in place of any actual Space Police minifgures and it fit with them. Plus, orange means the cockpit is that bit more visible through the window!

It may not fit within the set color scheme of Space Police I; but nonetheless, I think it works just perfectly, a nice blend of S7 Space Marine and Space Police I aesthetics. Opting to incorporate the Trans-red element of SP1's color scheme as a subtle Bright Red stripe works quite nicely, and trading the Bright Blue of SP1 for Earth Blue also complements its Space Marine pilot. :classic: