Fenom

[MOC] Adult Store and Comic Shop

I posted the WIP comic store a while back, and here it is months later, along with an additional building:

USDdXkZ.jpg

Sorry for the poor photos, I'm not a photographer :grin:

Comic Shop front:

Wj8KmyI.jpg

Comic Shop back:

RrB3RrP.jpg

Adult Store front:

XKv4NSw.jpg

Adult Store back:

3dVWah9.jpg

Just a cool pic to finish off the post :)

7YiJ0xe.jpg

Thanks for checking it out!

Seems like a kinda rough part of town.

So many great details!  The graffiti, use of old bricks for weathering, basket ball stuck on the roof, and the way you did the roll-up doors at the back are all bits I especially like.  Well done!

I love the design of the buildings and all the attention to detail, even with the sidewalk. Looks great!

Thank you all :)

8 hours ago, lightningtiger said:

Excellent design, looks like it's straight out of GTA5 !

No interior ?

Brick On 'Fenom' ! 

Unfortunately the only interior is just basic enough so that you don't see a bunch of support bricks when looking in through the bottom windows. Everything else on the inside is structural :grin: Thank you :)

1 hour ago, Fenom said:

Thank you all :)

Unfortunately the only interior is just basic enough so that you don't see a bunch of support bricks when looking in through the bottom windows. Everything else on the inside is structural :grin: Thank you :)

I don't wanna know what the Adult store looks like in the inside that's for sure.  

Hahaha, my two favourite types of stores :D Do they have an interior? If you managed to represent the adult store's merchandise in Lego form, you are my hero.

That looks really good! Nice level of detailing and selection of colours and pieces to create typical urban textures and feel. Also bonus points for the untypical subject.:wink: All in all: works great! :classic:

Really gritty feel with sooooo many awesome details. All the piping and electrical connections, etc. really stand out. Both the characters selected and their posing also strongly enhances the whole vibe.

So many great details. Looks very gritty and real. I am impressed that can be achieved with LEGO, I know it wasn't easy.

I really like the normal "nice" modular aesthetic and have a hard time wrapping my head around the other parts of the city.

The ladies of the night are nice purist designs too.

Well done. Keep up the good work.

Brilliant. Very realistic atmosphere, and great composition. The carefully selected colors work together nicely and everything just seems to be in the right place.

Amazing scene! All little details are so well done. It looks so realistic!

Too bad there is no interior, but then again it isn't exactly in theme with the modular line :wink:

Love it! Especially the hookers and gangbangers. I can imagine Lego's Chase McCain hunting down some drug dealers in this "bad" part of town!