MKJoshA

[SR - AMCRA FB4 Oct] Uncharted Jungles

Previously:
Sinbad the Pirate

Captain Sulu, captain of the Golden Dragon, decided to set out for lands uncharted and search for treasure. There were many tales of pirates who sailed beyond the known lands to find an island where which to bury their treasure. Sulu hoped to chance upon one or more such treasures. As such, he recruited a Platoon of men to sail with him into the unknown to help protect him against any potential dangers.

They set out from Fatu Hiva and landed on an island simply known as #3 on an obscure map he bought off a drunk sailor. They landed without incident and began to explore the island.

36888890093_a6775a739b_z.jpg

What would he and his crew find on the island?

BoBS: Uncharted Jungles

This looks like a great start to an adventure MRCA. I really like the trunks on those palm trees! Very effective use of parts. Also a great job on the snot rock work. 

Those brickbuilt palmtrees are immaculate - would you mind if I copy the design some day? Fantastic job!

Regarding the diametre of the trunks I think the leafs should range a bit further, but that is minor criticism to a great MOC - give us more!

Those palm trunks! - very cool, especially the predominately brown ones, and the landscaping is quite nice as well! :thumbup:  I'm really liking the brown layers of dirt descending from the higher rocks too; looking forward to seeing what you find there! :excited:

Very good Palm trees !

I like them ! The rest of landscaping is very good too ... The SNOT rockwork is great !

Good job ! 

Hurray!  Some else who appreciates that rocks are sedimentary in nature and lay down horizontally rather than vertically.  Some lovely tree trunks as well, as other have noted.

Q: Where did the red torso print for the guy in front come from?

Nice Jungle scene, those are some well made trees! 

This is your AMCRA build right?

AMRCA Result: @MKJoshA

"Just disembarked, the crew retrieves a few golden trinkets found on the beach. (67 db added to the adventure treasury.)
Following the map, Captain Sulu's expedition finds the spot marked on the map, and starts digging. After a few minutes, their shovels hit something hard, which quickly proves to be an old chest.
The chest, however, is marked with a large number of mysterious markings that appear to be warnings in an old language. Pondering for a moment over the chest, Captain Sulu's men is shocked by what can best be described as a tribal warcry from the surrounding forests."

Options:
Safe choice: Pick up a few golden objects found around the chest and flee the scene.
Risky choice: Set up defenses, excavate the chest completely to retrieve it.
Elaborate choice: (Requires three vignettes)
Hide and try to lure any attackers away. When the coast is clear, retrieve the chest and leave the scene."

Note: In any case, the adventure requires one build to continue. If you decide on the elaborate choice, a total of three vignettes is required. Your story should clarify which option you are taking, but you are welcome to interpret the options creatively. Let us know if you have any questions.

On 10/10/2017 at 11:05 AM, Kwatchi said:

Hurray!  Some else who appreciates that rocks are sedimentary in nature and lay down horizontally rather than vertically.  Some lovely tree trunks as well, as other have noted.

Q: Where did the red torso print for the guy in front come from?

My rock work is a result of having spent so much time in GoH. It's pretty standard to see SNOT rock work like that in the medieval portion of EB. As for the trees, I can't take credit for them. I got the idea from the Lego Adventure Book Vol.2

On 10/10/2017 at 11:15 AM, Mesabi said:

Nice Jungle scene, those are some well made trees! 

This is your AMCRA build right?

Yes, this is my AMCRA build!

21 hours ago, Bregir said:

Note: In any case, the adventure requires one build to continue. If you decide on the elaborate choice, a total of three vignettes is required. Your story should clarify which option you are taking, but you are welcome to interpret the options creatively. Let us know if you have any questions.

Yes, one question. I don't intend to skimp on my follow up MOC, but I need to know if it will be scored and then weighed into whether I succeed or not. I just need to know how much extra effort to put into the MOC.

45 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

Yes, one question. I don't intend to skimp on my follow up MOC, but I need to know if it will be scored and then weighed into whether I succeed or not. I just need to know how much extra effort to put into the MOC.

In general, no. Your choice and the story you tell will decide the outcome. But of course, if someone goes the extra mile and tells an elaborate story on top, perhaps with several builds, that will have a larger impact on the outcome.

But it will not change the chance of success.

Does that make sense? :)

15 minutes ago, Bregir said:

In general, no. Your choice and the story you tell will decide the outcome. But of course, if someone goes the extra mile and tells an elaborate story on top, perhaps with several builds, that will have a larger impact on the outcome.

But it will not change the chance of success.

Does that make sense? :)

Yes, thank you!

I will not be able to get a build done in time for the AMCRA for Nov. I plan to continue the story in Dec.

On 10/12/2017 at 1:11 PM, Bregir said:

AMRCA Result: @MKJoshA

"Just disembarked, the crew retrieves a few golden trinkets found on the beach. (67 db added to the adventure treasury.)
Following the map, Captain Sulu's expedition finds the spot marked on the map, and starts digging. After a few minutes, their shovels hit something hard, which quickly proves to be an old chest.
The chest, however, is marked with a large number of mysterious markings that appear to be warnings in an old language. Pondering for a moment over the chest, Captain Sulu's men is shocked by what can best be described as a tribal warcry from the surrounding forests."

Options:
Safe choice: Pick up a few golden objects found around the chest and flee the scene.
Risky choice: Set up defenses, excavate the chest completely to retrieve it.
Elaborate choice: (Requires three vignettes)
Hide and try to lure any attackers away. When the coast is clear, retrieve the chest and leave the scene."

It had been hard work recovering the chest. Captain Sulu had followed the directions on the map and they had led to  his spot.

BoBS Put Your Backs Into It!

His men had been thrilled to uncover a giant chest. They didn't understand the writing on it, but they were sure a great treasure must be inside. 

DSC_0008

What Sulu wasn't counting on were the angry natives.

DSC_0010

Sulu ordered his men to mount a defense. Whatever was in the chest, if the locals didn't want to give it up it must be worth fighting for!

DSC_0015

OoC: I'm choosing the "Risky" choice.

Great build, the landscape is really good! Those Nexo torsos make interesting natives as well. Good luck with the risky choice.

Nice scene !

And, of course, such a big chest worth the pain of fighting for it !

I hope your crew will succeed in this battle !

@MKJoshA

As Captain Sulu and his crew was trying to gather all of the treasure and mounting a defense against the natives, they could see that they would be greatly outnumbered by the natives that just kept coming in from almost every side. The boatswain, commanding the defence called: "We will not be able to hold out much longer, Captain!" Sulu took a quick decision and shouted out orders. He had seen an alternative escape path that the natives were not covering. "Grab as much as you can and follow me, men!" Firing a last few shots, the defending team scurried away after the rest, largely unscathed, although a spearpoint or two had met pirate legs and arms.

After finally losing the natives, the crew found a small cave in which they could take shelter for the night. Captain Zulu tallied the treasure, which amounted to 321 dbs of value. "How much did we leave behind, men?" He looked around for an answer. "About half the items, sir" a seaman replied. "Dunno if we got the most valuable ones, though..."

Captain Sulu couldn't help thinking about the remaining treasure... If it was as valuable as what they already had, it was a lot of gold to leave behind... On the other hand, risking losing the more than 300 dbs they had already collected did not sit well with him either. How would he proceed?

• We should go back for the rest of the treasure. It will be risky, but if we wait until nightfall, and ensure the natives are not around, perhaps we can retrieve the rest? (Show a nighttime scene of the pirates trying to retrieve the remaining treasure)
  • Let us head back to the ship and set course for home! 321 dbs is a fortune, and we cannot risk it! (Show some part of the journey back to the ship, or the crew boarding or onboard the ship before leaving.)
  • Hmm, perhaps there is a better way? Let's get back to the ship and put the current treasure in the hold. Then we can plan how to retrieve the rest. (This will add the 321 dbs to the adventure treasury. Show how Sulu plans to retrieve the remaining treasure. Will he use a ruse, bring up a cannon, or something entirely different? Requires two builds)

On 2/4/2018 at 6:39 AM, Bregir said:

@MKJoshA

As Captain Sulu and his crew was trying to gather all of the treasure and mounting a defense against the natives, they could see that they would be greatly outnumbered by the natives that just kept coming in from almost every side. The boatswain, commanding the defence called: "We will not be able to hold out much longer, Captain!" Sulu took a quick decision and shouted out orders. He had seen an alternative escape path that the natives were not covering. "Grab as much as you can and follow me, men!" Firing a last few shots, the defending team scurried away after the rest, largely unscathed, although a spearpoint or two had met pirate legs and arms.

After finally losing the natives, the crew found a small cave in which they could take shelter for the night. Captain Zulu tallied the treasure, which amounted to 321 dbs of value. "How much did we leave behind, men?" He looked around for an answer. "About half the items, sir" a seaman replied. "Dunno if we got the most valuable ones, though..."

Captain Sulu couldn't help thinking about the remaining treasure... If it was as valuable as what they already had, it was a lot of gold to leave behind... On the other hand, risking losing the more than 300 dbs they had already collected did not sit well with him either. How would he proceed?

• We should go back for the rest of the treasure. It will be risky, but if we wait until nightfall, and ensure the natives are not around, perhaps we can retrieve the rest? (Show a nighttime scene of the pirates trying to retrieve the remaining treasure)
  • Let us head back to the ship and set course for home! 321 dbs is a fortune, and we cannot risk it! (Show some part of the journey back to the ship, or the crew boarding or onboard the ship before leaving.)
  • Hmm, perhaps there is a better way? Let's get back to the ship and put the current treasure in the hold. Then we can plan how to retrieve the rest. (This will add the 321 dbs to the adventure treasury. Show how Sulu plans to retrieve the remaining treasure. Will he use a ruse, bring up a cannon, or something entirely different? Requires two builds)

It had been a long trip and his men were getting restless. Sulu knew he had pushed them hard, making them enduring a long voyage with uncertainty at its end and then getting attacked by natives on top of it all!

BoBS: Loot!

His men had brought in a good haul, it was time to head for home.

OoC: I'm choosing the 2nd option and ending this adventure.

AMCRA Outcome: @MKJoshA

When Captain Sulu left Fatu Hiva months ago on board of his trusted "Golden Dragon", he had nothing but an obscure map of uncharted islands in his hand and treasures on his mind.

After setting foot on land he found more than he was asking for: a huge treasure chest was uncovered soon, but local natives had to be fought off at the same time. Unwilling to risk his newly found treasure and the well-being of himself and his crew, Captain Sulu decided to sail back into the west.

Having now returned to the port of Tortuga, Captain Sulu is not only far more wealthy than before, but also has aquired some solid knowledge about the island explored by him and his men.

Adventure outcome:

• Your adventure treasury is 418DB. This amount will be transferred back to your main account soon.
  • The "Golden Dragon" is supposed to be in Tortuga as the starting point for upcoming MRCAs.
  • You have the right to name island #3 in the New Haven Sea region. To do so, please provide a build (vignette or larger) in which Captain Sulu states this name (this could be anything from him boasting in a pub about his discovery to him making notes about the expedition - feel free to come up with an idea of your own).
  • You also have learned about the island rumours. These will be given you via PM soon.

Please let us know how the adventure went for you in your opinion, i.e. give the gamemasters some feedback. What went well, what could be done differently? Any feedback is appreciated.