[SR - FB3 Oct] The Komodo Dragon

Previously:

Chapter 1

Chapter 2:
Sinbad the Pirate
Hang The Rules
Rescued Shipwright
Shipwright's Office

Now completed, Sinbad and some of his pirate gang wanted to take the Komodo Dragon on her maiden voyage to test her mettle. They hopped to come across some unsuspecting merchant, but what they found was more than they bargained for.

The Komodo Dragon

"Steady men!" shouted Sinbad. "Don't let her get too close!"

The Komodo Dragon

"Man the cannons!" shouted another.

The Komodo Dragon

"Prepare to fire!"

The Komodo Dragon

They had come across one of the fabled sea monsters. It reared its ugly head and prepared to strike.

The Komodo Dragon

Why it had decided to attack them, Sinbad did not know. Maybe it had something to do with all that rum they had drunk the night before...

The Komodo Dragon

Man, you really knocked it out of the park with this one. It's so unique. It's so well coloured. It's not the ship we knew we wanted, but it's the ship we needed.

Only criticism is she's a little boxy.

What are you licensing her as?

50 minutes ago, Mesabi said:

Man, you really knocked it out of the park with this one. It's so unique. It's so well coloured. It's not the ship we knew we wanted, but it's the ship we needed.

Only criticism is she's a little boxy.

What are you licensing her as?

I wish I could find the picture I used as inspiration, but I can't! The boxy-ness comes from the design I was emulating. And she'll be a class 8.

This is another great ship from you. I like the design and the color once again makes her stand out very well. Also great job on the sea dragon and the base for it. The blue dots helped mold the scene together into one piece. Other things to point out is the cool ladder on the front of the ship, and the random cargo placed around the edges. May she stay far away from my ships! 

Yeah, the style is back. LOVELY!

A tiled deck might have enriched the contrast even further, but great nonetheless. Cannot wait to see it in action.

Also nice serpent.

Quite the boat you've got there. :wub:

The "blockiness" is in character with the inspiration, which I guess came from this beast:

jxBmDcU.jpg

This is Chinese explorer Zheng He's ship compared to Christopher Columbus's Santa Maria. The Wikipedia article on Zheng He is worth a read.

As for the Komodo Dragon again: I think it would profit from a tiled deck, as well as some more details on the main deck. Maybe another door to the lower decks? I do love the other details though, especially the "irregular" ladders and the food containers. Those things add a lot. A truly impressive build!

Love the ship and the name! Those 1x1 clips are just stunning for the look of it all! (But I do agree that a tiled deck would have enhanced the clip effect even more.)

Great job with that cutaway view of the gun deck!

And the sea monster is superb as well. :thumbup:

Great junk ! 

Like your previous Piranha she has a really good style ! And the new Ninjago Bounty sails are great for it !

And a sea serpent ! wow ! 

Excellent ! I hope I will not cross the road of your vessel.

Excellent job!

It was fun to see her progressing on your Flickr.

The sea serpent is topnotch as well!

Dang!  That name certainly suits it, as the ship is quite the beast.  Seems the SR have a flagship after all. :pir-grin:

What a large junk! I like how green she is.:snicker: I like the fishes and vegetables on the deck,  and the square bow, a prominent characteristic of chinese junks. The detachable hull is nice touch, we can see the minifigs operating the guns, and I dare to suggest you to add some rockets, the Chineses use a lot of rockets on their war junk, since their guns were quite ineffective.:pir-grin: