Sign in to follow this  
Sir Stig

BoBs CMF - Series 4

My take on Elostirions BoBs CMF series idea.

Series 1, by @Elostirion

Series 2, by @Ayrlego

Series 3, by @Capt Wolf

Series 4:

36866375514_d5948c4dce_z.jpg

37544537992_9a41e200bc_m.jpg

Corrington Explorer

Getting into the jungle is no problem for any Corrington explorers. The ones that find their way out again, often have wild tales from nature, that earn them respect from other nerds.

Spoiler

37544538132_7883d30108_m.jpg

view with machete more visible.

37544538312_4983ffbfcd_m.jpg

Young Corlander Butterfly Collector

"Curiosity found out what killed the cat" is a common catchphrase in the Corrington scholar system. Here is a young corlander trying to find butterflies that mimic flower patterns.

37318066340_0a170002a3_m.jpg

Corrington Chocolatiér

Nothing is as sweet as landing a job in Corringtons booming chocolate business. Only the most stubborn scientific persistence could have led to the discovery of the right processing technique for turning the bitter cocoa beans into sweet chocolate afternoon delight.

37318069770_e5a6ec6811_m.jpg

Myzec Cathunter

The Myzec are masters of hunting cats of Cascadia. Mostly in self defence, but their furs fetch a good price from the strange new people from the west.

37528060066_ba04d1b060_m.jpg

Oleon Naval Officer

The officers of the Oleon Navy are no less flashy then their ships.

37528059596_4a8d0bc1a4_m.jpg

Oleon Noblesse Statue

The noblesse of Oleon are known for their family crests, and likes to display their heritage.

37528059566_1639d347b3_m.jpg

Oleon Swabber

Oleon likes to keep their ships shiny, and their dirt under the carpet, so a lot of their navy have started swabbing decks.

37318066120_66d7e0d8fe_m.jpg

Mardier Aristocrat

Some in Mardier are getting rich despite the nations misfortunes.

Spoiler

36866374544_8e05b37c9f_m.jpg

37318070160_d83c6d371a_m.jpg

Eslandolan Musician

A new kind of music are washing through the brick seas. The latest sound is a high pitch whining instrument that takes years of patience to play in tune. The Eslandolans knows how to appreciate improvisation. Some call it art.

37528059306_4acee8c282_m.jpg

Eslandolan Boomstickman

The blunderbuss is a fierce weapon, and the armor is mostly used for protection from it, rather than the enemy. The range or accuracy is so-so, but the thunderous sound and choking sulphurous smoke clouds makes it worth it.

37318069990_fee07f40fb_m.jpg

Old Deluded Man with a stick and bone

This became my favorite detail from Eslandolas Colonial Council Hall, perhaps because it came about from improvisation instead of planning. I gave him an encore in this CMF series, simply because I like him.

37544537872_56b91cbcbb_m.jpg

Garvey Trader

The people of Garvey are bound to the sea, and trade runs in their veins. Many have tried to earn a profit on their expense, so many from Garvey are suspicious by nature.

37528059406_d021573f01_m.jpg

Sea Rat Occultist

Contrary to popular beliefs, you don't worship dark arts, you practice it. The most daring occultist in the Brick Seas have called themselves free men. Perhaps they are on to something...

36866375734_d9b4a28d67_m.jpg

Sea Rat Mercenary

This sea rat will be at the mercy of no man. When you have to learn to fend for yourself, you might as well earn some doubloons doing it.

36866375964_cb53540fde_m.jpg

Sea Rat Farmer

A common occupation in the colonies, also amongst the Sea Rats, is farming. This is a hemp farmer, selling his crops to ropemakers, tailors, sailcloth makers and such.

37528059216_abc5cc7d84_m.jpg

Rum Runner

Rum runners are common in the Brick Seas, and (even though this one is currently employed by Eslandola - Captain on the Silver Scythe) could belong to any nation.

Edited by Sir Stig

36 minutes ago, Capt Wolf said:

You tease!

2 minutes ago, Drunknok said:

Bad style! :pir-sceptic:

I'm just very slow in the posting process. Hope it was not too annoying.

I can't continue to support these, if my organization is going to be denied recognition. :pir_tong2:

OOC: Great take on the concept! Is the lantern on the Garvey Trader custom? And if so, where from?

And it goes on, fantastic! :-) 

What I like most about your series is that you keep it so realistic, down to earth. The brickseas do not consist of thousands of tradelords, adventurers, captains and governors - but mostly of Chocolatiers (my favourite idea btw, LOVE IT!), swabbers and farmers. Great to display this side of BoBS.

Cool to have statues as well. Also I like the Sea Rat occultist and the Garvey trader - both really well executed. The cathunter is fantastic (for me as a fan of Cascadia even more so!)

My favourite overall surely is the Mardierian Aristocrat, brilliant execution!

Another great series Sir Stig!

My favourites would have to be the Chocolatier (I will probably use him at some stage!), The Myzec (I stocked up on a couple of those torsos for that very idea!), the Garvey Trader and Sea Rat Occultist. 

@Mesabi  I believe it is from Brickwarriors

There are some great unique ideas here, with the chocolatier and the statue in particular!  I also really like your Myztec and the Garvey trader looks spot on! :thumbup: 

Some fine figs in this set! As others have noted, the Chocolatier is great! As are the Garvey Trader and Sea Rat Occultist. I'm also fond of the Rum Runner. Well done! :thumbup:

Woo!  Another excellent series here, Sir Stig, too many great figs to even mention them all!  The butterfly collector, chocolatier, broomstickman, Garvey trader, and Sea Rat Occultist are some of my favorites, and like the others, I really like how some of the less cliche'd occupations get a lot of love here! :pir-sweet:

19 hours ago, Sir Stig said:

Eslandolan Musician

A new kind of music are washing through the brick seas. The latest sound is a high pitch whining instrument that takes years of patience to play in tune. The Eslandolans knows how to appreciate improvisation. Some call it art.

Eslandolan Boomstickman

The blunderbuss is a fierce weapon, and the armor is mostly used for protection from it, rather than the enemy. The range or accuracy is so-so, but the thunderous sound and choking sulphurous smoke clouds makes it worth it.

Both these descriptions, :rofl: :iamded_lol:

One other set of great figs !

original to see statues, the Old deluded man is back ! Yay ! :laugh:

good job !

Another great series. My favorites are the Boomstickman, Aristocrat, and Occultist. And you beat me to it with your Chocolatier!

You also did a good job on those descriptions.