Sign in to follow this  
Kwatchi

[SR-FB1] - Oct' 17 - Affairs of State: Deal with the Devil

Part 2- An Answer is here

Sergeant, makes sure none leave the building.  Should the traitor get by you, you'll suffer his fate as well.

Yes sir, your Holiness!

Qf1Pj74.jpg

Ah, your holiness.  What brings you to the trade...

William! JETHRO! Morris! Mayor, I name thee traitor!

iSKN7Ce.jpg

I'm sorry your Holiness, what are...

5m2Wcdx.jpg

Your co-conspirator, that Mardierian captain that sunk the Donatus in an attempt to kill me, let slip your name.  What have you to say to that?

cough Ad-miral.  You... cough... you promiseddddd... tooo.... savvvveee....m uh....

RnsnNUF.jpg

WHAT?! What is this? Am I surrounded by turncoats? Your soul will scream as I ....

8vlFYHV.jpg

ughhh...

ujqhNUp.jpg

Tut tut now sirrah.  No need for idle threats; it insults us both.  Allow me sir to introduce to you my compatriot, Father Elias Valdo of the Mardierian Imperial Intelligence service.  The good father here has been living in this delightful community right from the start in order to keep me abreast of events.  I'm sure you have seen him about.

EBtOsDX.jpg

I'm afraid sirrah we have known about you and your attempts to emulate the heretic Millar almost from the moment you conceived of the idea and have been maneuvering against you from the outset.  We certainly could not have you running about all willy-nilly with dark powers now could we.  It's bad for the peasant's morale. Even as we speak sir, my troops are going about the colony on orders to dismantle your regime.  I am afraid sirrah that...

DKmx8Ia.jpg

...your forces are defeated...

9y6DCBI.jpg

...your oracle is slain and,...

AwJQLTU.jpg

...your altar of power is destroyed.

wyVRQkL.jpg

I must admit sirrah, that your surviving the ordered sinking of your first ship was rather vexxing for me.  However, it proved fortuitous in the end as not only did it allow me to rid myself in a political rival in Captain Antilles, you also proved very useful in rallying the Sea Rat captains against that so-called Eslandolan navy.  The gods do work in mysterious ways I suppose. For those kind efforts sir, you have my thanks and I will leave you with a question as payment. 

Bishop Millar, the heretic of eras back on whose path to power you hope to follow, never succeeded.  Did you ever wonder why he failed sir?  Could the longest standing and most glorious empire in Halos have been responsible perhaps?

9rcYJZC.jpg

Something for you to consider as you make your apologies to Hades.  Best of luck sirrah!

gUjMuNf.jpg

So ends the "Dark Bishop of Charlatan Bay".  I must say, for a trumped-up disgruntled Oleon peasant monk he certainly held grand delusions.  I admit to being happy we are now rid of the pompous miscreant.  He was no warrior and it pained me to feign interest in him, but such is the burden of command. Now Father, please be so kind as to find Captain Jardines for me and ask him to join me on the Gorgon.  There is much still to be done still in very little time if we are be successful in our endeavour.

lNHUfWq.jpg

Still to come: Part 4 - Epilogue

---x---x---x---x---x---

Since I will unlikely be able to finish Part 4 prior to the MRCA (and ERA 2) starting on Tuesday, I will make a quick official announcement here for game purposes:

During the Oct 2017 MRCA, Charlatan Bay is a freeport and Sea Rat town.  It will be open to traders as per the political standings of the Sea Rats in general.

Wish I had to got this done sooner, but real life always seemed to get in the way.  Fun fact: Father Valdo is in fact sprinkled through my various MOCs over the last year and a half.  Feel free to go back and play Ver's Valdo if you want? :pir-sweet:  TBH, I didn't really hide him too well.  And for those you remember the prophecy from back in January, I did my best to camouflage things.  Part 4 will deal with the fate of the remaining Nexo Pirates mostly and wrap up the last few threads of my ERA 1 story line.

8jbgygS.jpg

Edited by Kwatchi

I love the storyline, cool! Very well written. But who takes the ring? Definitely has something of Pirates of the Caribbean.

Thanks for keeping me thrilled and entertained.

Edited by Elostirion

Well, well, well, didn't expect that! :pir-grin:  Could've warned you about dealing with Mardierians, though! :pir_tong2: :pir_laugh2:  I am wondering where this'll be going next! :look: :pir-grin:

Wow! 

what a story !

I didn't expect to see the Dark Bishop being killed !

Great builds that deserve an excellent story !

Very nice build @Kwatchi. But what really sells me is the story. I had to go back and read through everything to get it. Can't wait to see what you come up with for Era II!

Oh no! What now??? I thoroughly enjoyed both story and moc and I am curious as to who is going to wield that bayonet pistol now! I would choose that pistol over any cursed ring anytime!

Glad you guys enjoyed the story-line.  Had i had more time (and been a better builder), I would have gone into some parts that I ended up dropping for expediency.  For example Meloche didn't sail after the loss of the Donatus because he was petrified of Poseidon's pet, the Kraken, but I never got around to telling that bit.

I am also sad @Garmadon never got his chance to sink the rowboat. :wink:

1 hour ago, blackdeathgr said:

Oh no! What now??? I thoroughly enjoyed both story and moc and I am curious as to who is going to wield that bayonet pistol now! I would choose that pistol over any cursed ring anytime!

Once I get my ERA 1 epilogue build out of the way, I have few directions I can take (and I am pretty torn between them atm).  But rest assured, the 'dead man's gun' is not disappearing.

As for that ring, that was simply a random Doctor Who reference.  Or was it?

Edited by Kwatchi

Wow, just wow... you killed off the dark bishop!!! Like the others I did not see that coming! This is probably one of the most shocking developments around here at the moment.... and Mardier potentially in control of Charlatan Bay!!

Very well done and a great series of builds to back up the excellent story. I look forward to the next instalment!