Sign in to follow this  
Duck

What camera do you use? Tech advice needed!

Hi all,

I ask this question as I'm having Windows 10 issues for my current webcam. I know people will suggest moving towards a DSLR for stop-motion, but unfortunately I don't have the budget and I'm much happier with the plug in and play system.

I currently use a Microsoft LifeCam HD-5000 in combination with Corel Videostudio x9 ultimate which has served me well for many years but as I said, current windows updates are causing me no end of trouble! It has manual controls for brightness, exposure, white-balance and focus, which makes it perfect for me.

I'm thinking it's time to move on, so thought I'd ask those who understand what is needed for this hobby if there are any camera's they'd recommend, especially ones which are proven to work with Windows 10.

I also thought it may be a useful thread to begin in general for those wanting advice on what to use!

Thanks!

Edited by Duck

Hi Duck

I personally use dSLR with manual aperture lenses. However, a lot of good work has been done with the Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920. It comes recommended by some top animators. Looks like Amazon has it under $60 which seems reasonable to me.