Kit Bricksto

[MOC] [INSTRUCTIONS] UCS Tantive IV - CR-90 Corvette

This model is really cool, much better the official LEGO version! I would be happy to build this if the instructions were available.

Edited by ClassicLook

Excellent work! You have captured many difficult shapes!

The Corvette is actually 150 meters long, the 126 number is from the older CR-70 variant. The numbers have been moxed up so now both CRs are 126 meters in many sources.

@Kit Bricksto this thread has me so excited. I have been checking back here hourly to see if there are any updates. Does anyone know if the intent is for these instructions to be shared? I am very disappointed in Legos most recent tantive release. I would MUCH rather spend my money towards this beauty

would love to know if instructions are available for this and also what the rought bricklink cost would be.

Hi everyone!

I am very sorry that progress has been so slow on the instructions but to assure you that I am still intending to finish them, here's a little update on what I'm up to right now:

I have finished the instructions for the main body of the ship right back to the fins that connect it to the engine block. I am now splitting the digital model of the engine block into sections for the instructions since Blueprint can't handle the file for the whole thing.. I hope to get the engine block finished in the next couple of weeks so that the only things left to do then are checking the instructions for inconsistencies and mistakes and figuring out the (digital) logistics of selling them.

I really appreciate how many people are so intent on building my model for themselves and really don't want to disappoint you guys. That being said the process of making these instructions is quite tedious and this is the first project (except the AT-RT :D) that I have made proper instructions for. I hope you'll stick with me and I'll do my best to speed up work a bit!

As for some stats about the build:

Parts count: 5701 (to be checked once the instructions are finished)

Estimated parts-cost according to BrickLink: ~450€ (as of March 2019)

Thanks again for your patience and stay tuned for further updates on my progress!

On 4/17/2019 at 10:23 AM, mortesv said:

Excellent work! You have captured many difficult shapes!

The Corvette is actually 150 meters long, the 126 number is from the older CR-70 variant. The numbers have been moxed up so now both CRs are 126 meters in many sources.

Thank you! I must say that I had hoped to be able to steal a lot of ideas from your fantastic model but the difference in scale really made that impossible.. :D

That's what I had feared... I had seen some sources where it was 126m long and others that said 150.. As 126 happened to fit the scale I was building at very well I decided to go for that. Well, I guess it's not perfectly 1/3 minifig scale then but who really cares anyway.. :P Thanks for the information though, the inconsistency of sources really bugged me when I was building this!

Edited by Kit Bricksto

INSTRUCTIONS - AVAILABLE NOW!

Finally, after almost a years time, I have finished the instructions for this massive model and am happy to announce that I will be sharing them with you guys!

As the process of creating the instructions was very time-consuming I will be asking for 15€ as a small compensation for the efforts involved. If you're interested in building your own Corellian Corvette please contact me via PM or FlickrMail.

The Instructions will include the complete building guide as a PDF-file, the BrickLink-compatible XML-parts list and the LXF-file of the whole model.

Total parts count is 5708 pieces. Bricklink costs can vary depending on whether you go for all new pieces and what country you're in. 

46880935485_9422b878a4_c.jpg

Edited by Kit Bricksto

One happy customer :)

XML file was imported to bricklink without problems.

So many common parts! The big white wheels will be problematic eventually

20 hours ago, MoppeW40k said:

One happy customer :)

XML file was imported to bricklink without problems.

So many common parts! The big white wheels will be problematic eventually

Bricklink wont accept the xml for me, did you do something with it to make it work? i cant upload the lxf either =/

1 minute ago, kajrehn said:

Bricklink wont accept the xml for me, did you do something with it to make it work? i cant upload the lxf either =/

Hi, i did not alter the file. I did select all the lines from the file in a notepad++ window and pasted it in the " Upload BrickLink XML format" tab on this site: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/wanted/upload.page?utm_content=subnav

Hope that helps?

12 minutes ago, MoppeW40k said:

Hi, i did not alter the file. I did select all the lines from the file in a notepad++ window and pasted it in the " Upload BrickLink XML format" tab on this site: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/wanted/upload.page?utm_content=subnav

Hope that helps?

thank you, worked fine when opened in wordpad and copied from there, my file opened in explorer first :)

21 hours ago, Kit Bricksto said:

5708 pieces and the estimated BrickLink-cost is about 450€

I've always wondered how people can achieve that... O_o

It makes less than 0.08€ per part. And 0.08€ is barely the price of a plate 1x2.

I did tons of Bricklink order over the last 10 years to build tons of MOCs. I have never ever been even close to 0.08€ per part.

24 minutes ago, Anio said:

I've always wondered how people can achieve that... O_o

It makes less than 0.08€ per part. And 0.08€ is barely the price of a plate 1x2.

I did tons of Bricklink order over the last 10 years to build tons of MOCs. I have never ever been even close to 0.08€ per part.

I must say that it surprised me too but there are lots and lots of basic bricks and relatively cheap small plates and parts like cheese slopes in this model and very few expensive parts. I think the radar dish and the large white wheels for the engines are the most expensive parts and even those have been reasonably priced so far..

If anyone makes completly different experiences when buying the parts for this model please tell me though! When I built this myself 70-80% of the parts came from my collection, therefore the price-estimation is relying completly on BrickLink's AutoBuy function.

Kit, I'm unable to PM you but really want to purchase the instructions.  Best looking Tantive IV I've seen!  Are you able to PM me with purchase instructions?  Thanks!

Hi Kit, I would also like to purchase the instructions but am unable to PM you. Would you be able to PM me with purchase instructions as well?  Thanks!

I've been checking in since you first posted this incredible MOC! I didn't want to purchase the one that was just released and very grateful that you're offering the instructions!