Kit Bricksto

[MOC] [INSTRUCTIONS] UCS Tantive IV - CR-90 Corvette

@Kit Bricksto Hello Kit, I'd like to purchase your instructions but this forum wont let me send you a private message since this account is new. Would you be so kind to send me a message with the payment instructions? Thanks in advance.

10% of the parts have been ordered. I've just started to collect them, since I ran numberous projects lately. Hopefully, I will complete it within a year.

Has anyone finished it besides @Kit Bricksto?

21 hours ago, ClassicLook said:

10% of the parts have been ordered. I've just started to collect them, since I ran numberous projects lately. Hopefully, I will complete it within a year.

Has anyone finished it besides @Kit Bricksto?

I got all the bricks for the engine, and built it up, but the build-part of the project is currently stalled due to needing more components for lighting, wondering whether to really implement the landing gear (feedback welcomed), and some balancing tweaks I need to make because of other tweaks I made.

I am going to give myself a deadline to finish it by end of January though, as any time later and my newly discovered twins will be born... and then all lego projects are off!!!

Just looked throught the part list and the white jumpers caught my eyes... Are really 442-448 pieces needed? Where are they located? I've seen them mostly at the engines according to the instructions. I think it is not so important to have them all in the same version (with or without groove), so I think I'm going to mix them.

@ClassicLook Yes they are actually all neccessary. Each engine requires 24 (well, two only need 20 because of the red stripes) so that already makes 256 and almost all the others are needed for the "neck" and the cockpit with another 30 or so going into the various turrets. Those 442 should work with any type though so you can mix those. For the 6 jumpers of the newest style it is actually important to have the right type though because they attach to the middle of their underside, which isn't possible with the old ones, so make sure to get six of those.

I just quickly went through the LDD file to be sure just now and the engines, neck, gun turrets and cockpit use 432 jumpers (+ the 6 new ones) and there's bound to be 10 more in different places all over the model that I didn't find just now. So I'm sorry but I'm afraid that number is no mistake in the parts list.. I didn't actually realize how many jumpers went into this until now myself!

2 hours ago, Kit Bricksto said:

For the 6 jumpers of the newest style it is actually important to have the right type though because they attach to the middle of their underside, which isn't possible with the old ones, so make sure to get six of those.

So I'm sorry but I'm afraid that number is no mistake in the parts list.. I didn't actually realize how many jumpers went into this until now myself!

Thank you for the information! It's just so much jumpers... But it's a big ship with clever building technics, so it makes sense. 

I know now, why the 6 new one are necessary.

Edited by ClassicLook

This is an amazing MOC, and one thing I notice is how using less different colours makes the MOC looks so much more accurate than the set, which uses dark and light greys as well. This applies to a lot of sets

On 5/11/2019 at 2:09 PM, Kit Bricksto said:

I wanted to thank everyone who has decided to start building this model for themselves! The excitement all of you have shown so far really makes me look forward to seeing the first WIP-pictures, build feedback and especially modifications to the design! I've heard people considering microscale interiors and all sorts of cool modifications to the ship itself! So please keep me posted on your progress and I'm always happy to help whenever I can along the way, too! :)

Have fun building everyone! And if you want to join in, just PM me for the instructions!

Kit, I'm unable to PM you for unknown reason. I really want to purchase the instructions. Your MOC looks really awesome ! Can’t Wait to start this project !

Could you PM me with purchase instructions?  

thank you !