Kit Bricksto

[MOC] [INSTRUCTIONS] UCS Tantive IV - CR-90 Corvette

1 minute ago, Sclrouche said:

Thanks for information 

Welcome to the forum and good luck if you decide to proceed with this MOC.

Any one able to post the part number for the wheels on the back.. Thanks  Peter.  Want to check availability before even looking into this build.  Anyone spotted anything else hard to come by on Bricklink?

Ignore me - found the Sept 13 2020 post!

Edited by unhappyeeyore
Found Info I was after

Been away for a while due to family stuff and also my gpu not being supported by studio, but wanted to share some new wip on my cosmetic changes. 

Can’t remember if I mentioned before, but I widened the engines by a small amount… which was a tonne more complicated than it sounds. They do add heft now, and are heavier, so the technic internals are also longer and more secure too. All WIP though (and yes, I need to remove the red from most of the engines)!

Have a lot more to share in the short term… but not the files for now, as lost all my custom decals, so will need to recreate them all.

Pu4sGW1.mp4
kzi68Dd.jpg

10 hours ago, Monkfiche said:

Been away for a while due to family stuff and also my gpu not being supported by studio, but wanted to share some new wip on my cosmetic changes. 

Can’t remember if I mentioned before, but I widened the engines by a small amount… which was a tonne more complicated than it sounds. They do add heft now, and are heavier, so the technic internals are also longer and more secure too. All WIP though (and yes, I need to remove the red from most of the engines)!

Have a lot more to share in the short term… but not the files for now, as lost all my custom decals, so will need to recreate them all.

Pu4sGW1.mp4
kzi68Dd.jpg

Awesome, thats what i need.

Finished my buil yesterday but the lower engine are to heavy without modification. Cant wait for monkfiche mods.

Great build ,kit bricksto. Really awesome size and look!

Cheers

Stefan

@treffer21 Thank you! Several people have had issues with the engines sagging that I never had on the original. I think it might have to do with the clutch power of the bricks used and maybe I just got lucky with some very strong old bricks.. :innocent2:

@Monkfiche Those are some really good looking modifications! I'd be interested in seeing your improved technic structure if you wouldn't mind sharing it when you are finished?
The only thing I have doubts about are those hose tubes. The curves and bends look a bit tight in some places. Have you tested using those with real parts yet?

2 hours ago, Kit Bricksto said:

@treffer21 Thank you! Several people have had issues with the engines sagging that I never had on the original. I think it might have to do with the clutch power of the bricks used and maybe I just got lucky with some very strong old bricks.. :innocent2:

@Monkfiche Those are some really good looking modifications! I'd be interested in seeing your improved technic structure if you wouldn't mind sharing it when you are finished?
The only thing I have doubts about are those hose tubes. The curves and bends look a bit tight in some places. Have you tested using those with real parts yet?

Hi guys,

I don’t know if it’s any improved, but the technic beams are longer, and the connections to the main engine block are improved (I think a 4x6 changed to a 4x10 - that sort of stuff), especially for the inner 3 engines. I’ve been pulling my hair out though trying to work out if there is way to use technic lift arms to connect the outer engines all the way down to the main block. I don’t think there is space (which made me think of widening the engines even more… but that would mean lengthening the ship lol)… but will try again. 

I am a little concerned about the pipes too, as there will be strain. However, if the pipes are put in warm water first, they are much easier to curve around things. The addition of the pipes did mean widening the individual engines though, so the insides are heavier. Tbc if it all works out, but it’s fun trying. 

Happy to share all files once done. :)

Edited by Monkfiche

15 hours ago, natesroom said:

If you need some Adobe Illustrator help in recreating the labels i can help.

Cheers for that. I actually have the images and just needed to rebuild them in Part Designer - which I've done now, but thank you anyway.

Here is a quick gif of the whole ship currently. I've added c3po into the radar tower (nowhere else to go!) - ideally he needs to cower more, or have more space to run ideally but no more space for him!

g1HB6Dm.gif

Edited by Monkfiche
Gif didnt work.

1 hour ago, Monkfiche said:

Cheers for that. I actually have the images and just needed to rebuild them in Part Designer - which I've done now, but thank you anyway.

Here is a quick gif of the whole ship currently. I've added c3po into the radar tower (nowhere else to go!) - ideally he needs to cower more, or have more space to run ideally but no more space for him!

ezgif-2-8de4274644.gif

Showing a 404 on your gif.

Best Tantive MOC i have EVER scene!

would like to aquire the Instructions. I am New to Eurobricks and cant PM y’et due to not enoghalvfems posts…

please Connect with me.

thank you.

Sorry…noob here…need 10 posts Got it!

Edited by Canuck33

Just thought I'd share a little flypast I've done on the model. Can't get it to embed into here as rendered it differently to normal, so you can see it here. https://imgur.com/a/tCd94ho

Also... the damage doesn't look as bad from out here...kJY6sZU.gif

Edited by Monkfiche

Bonjour, nouveau sur le site, et j’aimerai avoir les plans de ce magnifique MOC, quelqu’un peut-il me renseigner

It's been 2 years, since we moved to our new house and the LEGO room is progressing nicely. I've rebuild almost every disassembled UCS sets, so the time is near to put the Tantive IV together... I hope, that someone could figure out a solution for stabilizing the engines untill then or maybe I'll try to do something on my own.