Kit Bricksto

[MOC] [INSTRUCTIONS] UCS Tantive IV - CR-90 Corvette

2 hours ago, Kit Bricksto said:

Thanks! You should have given it to me! In exchange for free access to the instructions for my model!.. :P

I had a 10019 years ago. Built, displayed, and loved. Then sold it off during my "Lego purge". Then managed to get a sealed one last year, but after doing more research on the Tantive IV, I decided to sell it off as the dimensions bothered me so much. (Plus, I do have the 10198 version.)

I could be going out on a limb here, but it appears the UCS 10019 is actually based on a CR70, not a CR90>?! (Photo: CR90 top, CR70 bottom)

2823uvq.jpg

10019+Rebel+Blockade+Runner+From+Above.j

Edited by eliminator

1 hour ago, eliminator said:

I could be going out on a limb here, but it appears the UCS 10019 is actually based on a CR70, not a CR90>?! (Photo: CR90 top, CR70 bottom)

Actually, the main blueprints for the Tantive IV that have been going around for at least the last 20 years depict the CR70. UCS 10019 is very faithful to these flawed blueprints, but mildly different to the studio model used in Episode IV as you noted.

3 minutes ago, NathanR said:

Actually, the main blueprints for the Tantive IV that have been going around for at least the last 20 years depict the CR70. UCS 10019 is very faithful to these flawed blueprints, but mildly different to the studio model used in Episode IV as you noted.

Thanks. Indeed the history of the Tantive IV is interesting. i spend part of this morning going down the rabbit hole reading fan site and model building forums.

7 hours ago, eliminator said:

I don't think they had the CR-70 in mind when they designed the set but it is true that the resemblance is remarkable. I think it's more likely that they used something like the blueprints @NathanR linked to when they were designing the set and it is quite hard to tell from the angles the movie is shot at how long the Tantive IV really is. There is only one shot in ANH where it is clearly visible from the bottom in which it becomes clear how long and sleek the ship actually is.

A few people have been asking me about instructions for my Tantive IV and I decided to give it a go. I've made quite a lot of progress now and am confident that it will turn out as good as I hoped it would.
That's why I decided to post this teaser and see how many people would be interested in buying them. I want to make them as affordable as possible for you guys while still keeping it worth while for me, as making these instructions is a long and tedious process.

If you are interested in buying the instructions (hopefully in a few weeks time) please just leave me a comment or send me a PM. :)

Here's a little teaser of the current state of things.

40171816551_de389ced65_z.jpgComing soon.. by Kit Bricksto, on Flickr

I've got an original 10019 but I would definitely be interested in building this.  What are the dimensions?

@Schneeds The model is about 100 cm long, 30 cm wide and 20 cm high. It's at a third of minifigure scale (about 125 studs long). While I do like the official set I was never so lucky as to get my hands on one and I wanted to build my own version with more accurate proportions anyway. ;)

I don't have the space for it, but... :wub:

I'll be keeping an eye on progress, and keen to grab some instructions (if the price isn't Mortesv-scale *huh*).

Great job, it looks fantastic especially for all the work you have done to make mini-figure scale!!!

I like all the detail that you have put inside I think it's really amazing!!!!
I like also that you have taken the best proportion between the complete ship and the single minifig, that give even a better visual effect to the final model!!

Grat job again!!

Thanks everyone for your great feedback! Really glad so many people are interested in the instructions!

On 27.2.2018 at 1:38 AM, dkorr said:

What brick did you use to do the rear boosters to get the glow? LED special lighting?

No, I must admit that the lighting is just photoshop.. there is quite a nice glow inside the white wheel pieces though in reality too, completely without any LEDs.

On 19.3.2018 at 10:09 PM, Schneeds said:

How are the instructions coming along?

I had a lot of other stuff to do lately and haven't had time to work on anything Lego-related. I did manage to complete most of the raw instructions before that though and I will take up work again as soon as life has settled down a bit again. I am not planning on keeping you lads waiting for too much longer!

Amazing build. This MOC would easily rate 10 out of 10 in my book. The cockpit is done excellent by the way, very accurate! 

I like it and appreciate your work.  I think you have the best one I have seen.

Edited by OCD_Chad