Brickwolf

[COR-CWW] The Cocovia wagonway: a royal collaboration

Ladies and Gentlemen of the Colonies,

the Cocovia wagonway company presents you with a unique investment opportunity, approved by her royal Majesty Queen Annetta herself:

Profit from Corrington´s advanced science! Invest in the most modern way of transport in the world!

i4x2wygk.jpg

The wagonway will be build of iron and wooden rails, on which the wagons run, greatly reducing friction. This allows for less horses, who are able to pull much bigger loads!

de727iux.jpg

The wagonway will connect the main settlements on Cocovia: King´s Harbour and Quinnsville.

Additonally it will allow to move produce from the interior much easier to the coastal ports.

4mz84rb8.jpg

Rules:

1. Build a part of the wagonway at least 1000 studs in size. For this you are eligible for 1 share.

2. After we reach 10.000 studs and receive the license fee for all the shares, it will be licensed as a Corrington royal commerce property.

3. There will be 20 shares, 16 will be on the open market.

4. Each share will have a license fee of 150 Db and will yield 50 Db per month. The Bank of Corrington will handle the distribution.

5. You are allowed to sell your right to a share.

6. Any type of Lego rail (blue, grey, 9V, PF) and brick built rail can be used, but it has to be L standard gauge (5-studs/40 mm nominal centreline gauge).

7. No steam engines/locomotives, keep this within the Bobs technology level.

8. Depict the landscape of Cocovia faithfully, that means jungle and plantations.

9. The builds have to be dioramas with landscaping, rails on a plate are not enough.

10. This collab is initially open only to Corrington players. It may be opened up for other factions at a later date. Suspended

11. Post your build in an extra thread headed by [CWW] and post a link in this thread.

12. This challenge ends 27th November 2017. As long as it is the 27th November anywhere in the world you can still enter a submission. Suspended

13. This challenge ends 2nd April 2018. As long as it is the 2nd April anywhere in the world you can still enter a submission. Contest is closed.

14. This challenge is open to citizens of all civilized nations. Sea Rats who want to participate need a special permit from Corrington authorities. (contact me for the permit).

15. No LDD or other digital builds.

16. Submissions which are deemed offensive or mock the Queen, Corrington, it´s citizens and institutions etc. are disqualified from the challenge, and cannot be licensed on Cocovia.

Minichallenges:

The winner of each minichallenge will be eligible for one extra share.

1. The people along the wagonway

Depict how the wagonway changes the lifes of the people along the track. How is the population reacting to the new way of transport?  The wagonway is passing nearby the previously unexplored native settlement of Poi Poi,  how do the natives react? What about the people of King´s Harbour and Quinnsville? Was there a grand opening ceremony? Show how the passenger traffic is conducted.

Display an active vivid scene with at least 6 minifigs and a wagonway vehicle.

The winner of this minichallenge will gain the title of Royal Conductor of Corrington.

2. Freight transport on the wagonway.

The main aim of the wagonway is the improved transport of goods. How is freight transported on the wagonway? How are goods loaded and transloaded between rail and road or rail and ship? Depict goods traffic on the wagonway with the focus on stations, goods yards and piers.

Display an active vivid scene with at least a building or ship or road vehicle and a wagonway vehicle.

The winner of this minichallenge will gain the title of Royal Forwarder of Corrington.

3.Engineering of the wagonway:

Depict the engineering feats necessary for the building of the wagonway. What facilities are necessary for the smooth operation of the wagonway? These can be by example bridges, tunnels and buildings.

Display an impressive feat of engineering on the wagonway

The winner of this minichallenge will gain the title of Royal Engineer of Corrington.

Hide contents

gkgjovc2.jpg

inspiration and background

Link to the thread in the Trains subforum promoting the Cocovia wagonway collab.

Edited by Brickwolf

Sorry for me being a noob, but what does "1000 studs in size" mean? A 32x32 baseplate and anything on it?

Edited by Drunknok

Just now, Drunknok said:

Sorry for me being a noob, but what does "1000 studs in size" mean? A 32x32 baseplate and anything on it?

Yes, a 32x32 baseplate is 1024 studs. but you can use other forms as well: 16x64 by example or an irregular brick built base.

Edited by Brickwolf

Lovely idea and great introduction.

Though I am not from Corrington I guess I will MOC a part of this, without any intentions of licensing shares or winning challenges, and you can decide whether to use it or not. ;-) 

Some more questions...

1. Concerning point "4.": I suppose I have to pay those 150Db? Are there loans available for new players like myself?

2. Concerning point "6.": that is the same type of rails that comes with, for example, the Christmas Train, correct?

3. Concerning points "8." and "9.": is there some more source material for Cocovia? Previous builds, ingame texts, real life inspiration?

4. Can I enter more than one of the minichallenges? Closely related to this: can one build be entered into more than one minichallenges?

I'm really looking forward to this. Some ideas are there already, now Reinhard just has to catch a ride to Weelond for the Oktoberfest, but also leave for Cocovia shortly after that! Busy days in the Terra Nova...

Edited by Drunknok

Just now, Drunknok said:

4. Can I enter more than one of the minichallenges? Closely related to this: can one build be entered into more than one minichallenges?

A question I was also going to ask!

6 minutes ago, Drunknok said:

Some more questions...

1. Concerning point "4.": I suppose I have to pay those 150Db? Are there credits available for new players like myself?

2. Concerning point "6.": that is the same type of rails that comes with, for example, the Christmas Train, correct?

3. Concerning points "8." and "9.": is there some more source material for Cocovia? Previous builds, ingame texts, real life inspiration?

I'm really looking forward to this. Some ideas are there already, now Reinhard just has to catch a ride to Weelond for the Oktoberfest, but also leave for Cocovia shortly after that! Busy days in the Terra Nova...

1 minute ago, Spud The Viking said:

1. Yes, you have to pay those 150Db. For credit contact the Bank of Corrington (Bregir) or ask your fellow Corlanders.

2. Yes it is, but you can use all kinds of Lego rails or build your own.

3. Look in the Settlement index (Link is in the Bobs Master Index thread) for King´s Harbour.

4. Yes and Yes.  But rather than 2 or more mediocre builds, go for one high quality build. Quality over Quantity!

20 minutes ago, Elostirion said:

Lovely idea and great introduction.

Though I am not from Corrington I guess I will MOC a part of this, without any intentions of licensing shares or winning challenges, and you can decide whether to use it or not. ;-) 

Thank you Elostirion!

Edited by Brickwolf

6 hours ago, Drunknok said:

4. Can I enter more than one of the minichallenges?

6 hours ago, Spud The Viking said:

Absolutely. there is no limit to the number of minichallenges you can enter.

6 hours ago, Drunknok said:

Closely related to this: can one build be entered into more than one minichallenge?

An interesting question. If it satisfies the requirements for both, I don't see why not. But note that the two minichallenges currently posted require builds that take place on different islands. It wouldn't be kosher to use the same build to depict two different locations. But if reasonably modified to be clearly distinct builds, you could probably reuse parts to save some effort.

2 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

An interesting question. If it satisfies the requirements for both, I don't see why not. But note that the two minichallenges currently posted require builds that take place on different islands. It wouldn't be kosher to use the same build to depict two different locations. But if reasonably modified to be clearly distinct builds, you could probably reuse parts to save some effort.

I think you misunderstood me. I am talking about two of these minichallenges, not a build for both the Oktoberfest and the Railway. Combining those two would be a tough challenge indeed.

Count me in for an entry, sir. I am loving the whole concept!

5 hours ago, Drunknok said:

I think you misunderstood me. I am talking about two of these minichallenges, not a build for both the Oktoberfest and the Railway. Combining those two would be a tough challenge indeed.

Normally, this is possible, but you should consider whether trying to cover more categories may harm you chance of winning any one of them. :)

I had to climb down to page 3 to find this again. Could a thread like this, for the time it is running, please be sticky'd?

20 minutes ago, Drunknok said:

I had to climb down to page 3 to find this again. Could a thread like this, for the time it is running, please be sticky'd?

I will link it in the corrington thread instead. We have so many sticky'd posts already.

I am actually 95% done with my wagonway MOC, though I am thinking about extending it a bit. Anyways, I expect to finish next Sunday. :-) 

A quick teaser (ok, not spectacular at all I assume)...
wagonway_teaser_01.jpg

Edited by Elostirion

Thank you for reminding me that I have not yet moved a single brick for this. :pir-cry_sad:

I feel like I already have too much on my plate for this month, but damn. I really want to enter some solid stuff here...

Bridge Constructions near the village of Poi Poi.

38380385601_134595dae1_z.jpg

Size: 4 plates of 16x16, so a total of 1.024 studs, not counting the river, which is a 32x32 plate, of which approximately 20x32 studs are visible.

Edited by Elostirion

I will be trying to push in a build before the initial deadline, although I might not be able to finish it in time.

I am still not sure if it will the "King's Harbour station" or something around Poi Poi, but we will see. :)

If this project is going to be extended, sometime within the next few hours would be a good time to make it official. :wink:

Elevation Station No. 3 has been opened.

24031487277_c8fc683e36.jpg

1024 studs, and an entry into the Engineering of the Wagonway minichallenge.

Was fun to build - thank you for organising the collab, Brickwolf - if time permits, I might add another part to the wagonway later. :)

New Deadline:

This challenge ends 2nd April 2018. As long as it is the 2nd April anywhere in the world you can still enter a submission.

A loading station and warehouse on the wagonway for category 2.

15 hours ago, SpaceJoey86 said:

Is this likely to be opened to other factions soon?

@Brickwolf would have to give you a definite answer on this, but I personally wouldn't have an issue if you wanted to build something.

Rules updates:

14. This challenge is open to citizens of all civilized nations. Sea Rats who want to participate need a special permit from Corrington authorities. (contact me for the permit).

15. No LDD or other digital builds.

16. Submissions which are deemed offensive or mock the Queen, Corrington, it´s citizens and institutions etc. are disqualified from the challenge, and cannot be licensed on Cocovia.

Edited by Brickwolf