Sign in to follow this  
Flavius Gratian

[COR - FB] Last service on the HMS Redoubtable

37535783481_dd041c1457_z.jpgLawliet serving on the HMS Redoubtable

HMS Redoubtable was leading a squadron of Corlander ship maneuverers outside of Belson. First Lieutenant Lawliet Lavendwood had been given the chance to command this exercise by Rear Admiral Hood.

"Since this is your last real service in the Home Navy I thought it fitting that I'd l see you lead a squadron for the first time", said Admiral Hood. "I'd hate to let Fletcher have that pleasure. I'll never forgive him for stealing you like this!"

Lawliet knew the Admiral wasn't actually angry, but appreciated the sentiment. Admiral Hood had looked after him ever since Lawliet joined the Navy 8 years ago, a close friend of the family he had almost become a second father.

"You know very well that I requested the transfer myself", Lawliet replied.

"Indeed, is this how you thank me? Betrayal! disloyalty! if you had been my son you'd be disenherited!"

A letter from Rear Admiral Fletcher, approving Lawliet's transfer to the Royal New Terran Fleet, had arrived yesterday. Although he would miss old Hood, Lawliet knew it was finally time to come into his own and the wind in his sails was blowing East.

"It's growing late", Lawliet noted, "we should return to Belson"

"A wise decision, lead us home safely so you can show those colonials how true Corlanders sail!" Admiral Hood said with a grin as the squadron turned toward the setting sun.

Edited by Flavius Gratian

Very nice build! I really, really hope this is an actual ship and you're just to coy to post the photos. If not, it's still a very nice scene.

Is that a custom hat, the tricorn with brown ridges? It looks nice.

Oh, and could you make your photos public? 

As I said earlier, great build, and now that you have spiced the story up and played along, it is even better! :)

Welcome to BoBs!

20 hours ago, Mesabi said:

Very nice build! I really, really hope this is an actual ship and you're just to coy to post the photos. If not, it's still a very nice scene.

Is that a custom hat, the tricorn with brown ridges? It looks nice.

Oh, and could you make your photos public? 

Thank you! Sadly, there's nothing more to the ship than what's in the picture! Ships of that size are still out of my league, but I see it as a development goal!

The hat ridges are supposed to be gold, and I think I just painted it with a brush and some hobby paint, but that was back when I still primarily used my legos to play with.

Photos should be public now, I'm still trying to figure out how everything works but I'm getting there.

2 hours ago, Bregir said:

As I said earlier, great build, and now that you have spiced the story up and played along, it is even better! :)

Welcome to BoBs!

Thanks again! I thought something new should be added to the post, and I'm glad at least somebody enjoyed my little story!