lookl

Old Town Pub [moc]

OLD TOWN PUB consists of three different buildings inspired by Prague architecture. 
In the budilding on the right there are Dio Pub on the ground floor and museum of old town on the first floor. In the same building there also is a cashpoint which really works.The museum is connected to the look-out tower (by staircase) which overshadows other buildings. The tenement house on the left is abandoned. 
The side walls are easy to disconnect as well as the backside of the tower. This modular can be easily connected to official LEGO modulars by connecting it from three different sides - the connectors are on the side walls of the modular and on the rear wall, too.
This model requiers 4035 elements. 

36840500614_6520a8735b_b.jpgOTP by Łukasz Libuszewski, on Flickr

23698267338_716e4ea62b_b.jpgOTP by Łukasz Libuszewski, on Flickr

37502431946_39ffd46889_b.jpgOTP by Łukasz Libuszewski, on Flickr

36880920893_31e3e38da1_b.jpgOTP by Łukasz Libuszewski, on Flickr

Very very good! I trully appreciate real, phenomenally well put together modulars, and this just is spot on. I applaud your daring instincts that told you building an alleyway in the middle was a good idea. Hell it is! Beautiful! While, I've never been to Prague, the other buildings could perfectly be from England (the pub) or from my own town where I live (close to Barcelona!).

I'm a sucker for perfectionist details. That tower... Just flawless, the golden lamps, the Elves keys and many many others. I trully like the olive green building. It seems like an unlikely choice for a modular - small windows, most of it run down, but it just somehow works! While I'm not 100% sold on the pub and its roof, that tower is really beautiful.

Chapau, Lukas (I hope that's right :wink:)

Pau

Edited by paupadros

This is rather brilliant. One of the rare occasions where a digital creation prompts me to post something :wink:

Some interesting part usages aswell - what element is used in the four small corner towers (beneath the dark blue cone and the dark bley round 2x2 plate)?
Also love the small Lego city in the first floor of the pub building.

Would love to see it in real bricks! :classic:

Really clever usage. The colors work really well together. The architecture is clever and thought out. I love the red tower, just incredible. I really like the pub idea and the abandoned building. I understand the realism with the exposed brick and damaged wall, although I wouldn't mind seeing less damage and having it inhabited.

It looks like I'm going to need some dark red brick bricks and dark blue roof pieces because I've seen that combo before and it is quite striking if done right.

I like the turret with the green roof, and I understand the angle necessary for the black roof behind it, but something feels off about that shaping for some reason.

Either way, keep up the good work. I'd love to see it in real bricks.

Really great design.  There's a lot going on there in 32x32 without feeling crowded.  The interior design is nice as well.  The ATM is a nice touch showing the integration of modern life into the old buildings.  :classic:

Wonderful, delightful, colourful, etc.,.

Brick On 'lookl'.......suggestion Lego Ideas it (my gut says 10K easy).

This is beautiful. I agree, it is better than the official sets. I think lightningtiger is right, 10K votes on Ideas would be easy.

Fantastic building! This inspired me to try building a modular again. Thanks!

Perfect! I am from Prague and I must say that this is perfectly handled transformation into bricks... :) Do you have instructions or Lxf file? Can you share? :)

Fantastic! Very nicely detailed buildings! The worn stairs and the plants on the wall add magic to the scene! The tower is wonderful!

It looks probably on its best between other modular buildings, since the roof of the outer buildings is assymetrical.

The inverted corner on the back is nice too!

Do you have any pictures of the interior? Is there a stairway in the building?

You make great modulars!

This, like your earlier buildings, is beautiful. Well done! I look forward to seeing your new MOCs with the same anticipation I have for the upcoming Creator Expert sets.  

On 10/12/2017 at 5:00 PM, Blazej_Holen said:

Perfect! I am from Prague and I must say that this is perfectly handled transformation into bricks... :) Do you have instructions or Lxf file? Can you share? :)

http://www.ebay.pl/itm/Lego-Custom-Modular-Building-OLD-TOWN-PUB-INSTRUCTIONS-ONLY-instruction-/302494013198?hash=item466e0c570e:g:23gAAOSwpvZZ6La8

I’m sorry for reviving this topic but @lookl, did you see that someone has built your great MOCs including your Old Town Pub with real bricks on Instagram? It looks even better with real bricks!