Sign in to follow this  
Mike S

Uncharted Island Train

I've had this sitting around for quite a while and when a topic was started in Brethren of the Brick Seas forum about the kinds of builds allowed, I took a photo and did some quick editing for a joke. As my bricks are basically all boxed up preparing for a move, and I most likely will not be making any additions to this any time soon, I thought I might as well post it here although it being a rather unrealistic as a child's toy design, I'm not sure if it even belongs here.

37283357420_5696c57eae_c.jpg

Of course it belongs here, it IS a train after all....!

I'm more curious about the backstory behind those "robo redcoats," and even more curious as to why there is a steam-powered rail system on this uncharted island.

14 hours ago, M_slug357 said:

I'm more curious about the backstory behind those "robo redcoats," and even more curious as to why there is a steam-powered rail system on this uncharted island.

Aye aye @M_slug357 here here! Back story on the uncharted island's steam powered rail system please!

On 10/7/2017 at 9:34 AM, M_slug357 said:

On 10/8/2017 at 12:14 AM, ALCO said:

Aye aye @M_slug357 here here! Back story on the uncharted island's steam powered rail system please!

Sorry for the late reply. The backstory is a mix of the concepts behind the books, The Mysterious Island and Island of Dr Moreau. Rogue scientist sets up shop on an uncharted island and creates inventions beyond his time, just set in the age of sail instead. I got the idea of the automaton soldiers from the game The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing. I have plans to expand on this, but it won't happen until after I have moved and am settled in to the new house.

On 10/9/2017 at 1:32 PM, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Very original project!

Beautiful MOC and amazing pictures! :wub:

Thank you!