Sign in to follow this  
Elostirion

Southern Cascadia

23664534198_74cb108f78_b.jpg

The southern part of Cascadia is a lot drier than the fertile jungles north of and around the large mountain range where the Myzectlan have found their
refuge. Yet still there is life on the southern side as well: Both in vegetation and wildlife. Large carnivorous wild cats stride through the high and often dry
grass und brushes, seeking their prey - and sometimes stumbling over the remains of a former meal, where vultures have eaten away the last pieces of 
meat the hunter had left.

23664520518_c43e8b1d85.jpg

Most likely the knowledge of the wandering felines is still unknown to the scientists of Corrington - that there are walls on the ground at some places, small
and crumbled and overgrown, yet still walls of stone. Whatever may have been there, a long time ago.

23664536448_8853744557.jpg

Geographical Features: This large island is home to the largest mountain range in the Prio Seas, and covered in verdant, fertile jungle. There is plentiful fresh water, cascading from the mountains in beautiful waterfalls. The south side of this island is drier while on the part of the island north of the mountain it is nearly always raining.
Rumors: This island is home to large carnivorous wild cats, which are a constant threat to the natives of the Island.

Vulture has been inspired by this creation

Edited by Elostirion

Awesome display!

I absolutely love the skelleton, and that vulture build is impressive, yet simple. Same goes for the overgrown walls: not a difficult build, but effective. The whole thing tells a lot of stories, and just oozes character.

Great job with the drier grass/brush terrain! I think this is a first in BoBS. Very good piece and color usage! :thumbup:  And of course the skeleton is excellent.

And that vulture is fantastic! Can we get a closer look at it?

Awesome, and pretty much exactly how I imagined the flat south eastern plains to be like (minus the ruins - that is an interesting twist!!). Those dark orange stalks are really coming in handy here!

Just now, Capt Wolf said:

And that vulture is fantastic! Can we get a closer look at it?

:thumbup: This! Specifically a breakdown of the body where the legs and head/hairpiece attach. A fantastic brick built bird which I'd love to steal take inspiration from someday!

Nice build @Elostirion! The grass that you did was great. 

Are you going to license this, or no? And if you do, as what?

Thanks for your awesome feedback! :wub:

The vulture has been inspired by this one.
I will provide a close-up-shot / building-breakdown tomorrow or Saturday. (I also have a small variation, will show that one as well).

I have no intentions of licensing the MOC; the only category might be Art&Culture due to the ruins.
@Bregir: if the RSNP wants to license it, just go ahead and give me a quick message.

4 hours ago, Elostirion said:

I have no intentions of licensing the MOC; the only category might be Art&Culture due to the ruins.

I think we should just enjoy it as is, not every build needs to be about the EGS! 

The leopard is spot on indeed! :pir-grin:  The dry look of the vegetation is really nice, and so is the vulture! :thumbup: 

This is a fantastic build, Elos - the landscaping and vegetation is a perfect backdrop for the amazing skeleton, the great tree (and vulture!), and the leopard, and those ruins really help setting the mysterious and desolate atmosphere of the build! Fantastic build all around!I think you will like the upcoming challenge, Elos! :pir-blush:

(Also, no, I do not think we should license this - let it bask in its own beauty without tainting it with the EGS... :pir-wink::pir-tongue: )

Thanks again for your fantastic feedback, so happy you all like the MOC! :-) 

@Capt Wolf, @Ayrlego: The breakdown of the vulture (feel free to copy, adapt, etc.):

37526007796_48d2ea9cd5_b.jpg

Also another variation which did not make it in the MOC, but is quite similar:

37526008676_53a1235061_z.jpg

Edited by Elostirion