Hello,

i tried to realize a scale model of a MAN TGS 41.480 8x8 for heavy duty applications. Decals and some Little improvements are still missing, but they will follow.

TGS_1.jpg

Welcome to EB! Your truck looks very realistic. The custom tires work well, and am assuming they replicate off road custom tires on the real truck that are larger than the stock 1.07m ones. I'd love to see how you accomplished the steering: with linkages or by rack and pinion. Does it have any bump steer? I'd be interested in more pictures and details.

49 minutes ago, Bricksonwheels said:

Thats cool, did you put something in the rims to fit?

There is some foam in the tires. So they fit very well. The rims could be 1mm wider in diameter, then it would be perfect. But at least it works.

Edited by TGS

I found this model years ago and used it as guideline. As you can see my model is not an exact replica. I like the all red driver’s cab more and in the back I prefer twin-tires.

2.JPG

5.JPG

That is a very well build truck. Nice can and chassis.

How did you make the front suspension? I am building a 1:13 scale Actros and I need to build a larger scale front axle, but with suspension. Due to the weight of the cab, the first axle will get there hard shocks on each side, the second one two on each side.

It will be a 8x4 log hauler with crane on the back and a trailer.

I realized it with just two of the yellow suspension arms per axle and it works fine. But this model isn't that capable for difficult terrain. It's too heavy and the axles are very simple built.

I just wanted to build a model that's eye-catchy but with suspension and powered by 8x8. I wondered more about the colours of bricks. The next time I go for black bricks. But for the first shot I had only standard grey and beige LEGO TECHNIC parts.

?thumbnail=1

?thumbnail=1

Edited by TGS

On 10/5/2017 at 6:32 PM, TGS said:

Hello,

i tried to realize a scale model of a MAN TGS 41.480 8x8 for heavy duty applications.

Welcome to EB!

I did not have a chance to take a closer look until now, and wow! I just love that cabin! It has great details and lots of uneven sections that make it very realistic, it looks just like the real one. Very nicely done.

Can you make few more photos of the cabin from different sides, and can we expect a video?

22 hours ago, Milan said:

Can you make few more photos of the cabin from different sides, and can we expect a video?

Hello Milan,

thanks for the kind words. At the moment I work on a redesign of the axles. It's hard to do because I want to have all advantages of LEGO TECHNIC with 8x8 and suspension but I don't like the look of the grey parts. So for a bit more realistic look I go for much more black parts and after that there will be a new photo session. But since time is always missing I will need several days. I have a photo of the back of the cabin without the big fuel tank, where the batteries are hiding. The part with the steering will also get a complete redesign.

30529-TGS-5-JPG

Just a piture for comparision:

man-tgs-28-500-6x2-2-bl-vdl-kr,a4dfda57.

Edited by TGS

Finally I'm glad to present a little video:

Edited by TGS

Yes, it bents a bit. The truck is not a lightweight with 4 kilograms. But i added some  liftarms with pins at the inside of the frame. So it bends but doesn't break ;D

Edited by TGS

OUCH! I just burned my fingers from touching my screen because this thing is HOT:wink: The tires look so good on this model I can forgive it that they aren't from LEGO and kudos to you for giving the model a proper windscreen and side windows. 

Very beautiful.