Sign in to follow this  
Jonfensu

[MOC] "YT-2450 Millennium Crowrider" - Freighter Wars Contest

Hi 

This is my entry for the Freighter Wars Contest . When it was announced,  I seem an opportunity to build not your regular Technic model and I really enjoyed the experience 

800x450.jpg

This model is based on the YT-2400 Outrider,. As you may see,  it has some modifications as the color scheme, canons instead turrets and a longer rear of the cockpit (I don't know how it is called) 

My main goal was built it with only existent Technic parts and make all details with Technic pieces,  avoiding System parts as possible. In the end I used a LA,  perpendicular connectors,  towballs,  axles, busshes etc for the details and only 5 tiles and 3 dishes. Also I wanted to create the body an getting the shape using Panels as much as I could to give an uniform,  sleek appearance.  (The new 3x13 curved panel in black was really useful) Since there is not a room and time due contest for functions,  the only one is function is rotating canons using the central vent of the rear as knob.

The model was partially built in real life,  but I ran out of pieces because it was a side project.  Also the color combination was really bad (White and bright green) So decided to finish it on LDD - despite all difficulties of building with Technic on LDD - and then this color combination comes that really pops out and is possible to build in real life. Unfortunately,  right know is not possible for my to build it,  since a lack so many black panels..... Someday... 

For now there are some pics/renders . Hope you like it :classic:

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

A stunning masterpiece. Thank you for sharing, and opening up our minds to 'no-wheels' technic models. All the best with the contest.

1 hour ago, Aventador2004 said:

Nice job! Is there a rules list that you could provide?

The contest is on Rebrick.com, check it out!