Capt Wolf

Important reminder about ship limits and the MRCAs

I recall a posting of a excel sheet ... Was it just a snapshot of the summary? ... It listed all the settlements and the breakdown quantity of what types of buildings are in the settlement (residence factory culture etc) ... It was when I was still trying to figure out the game and if I wanted to join ... It could have been in the ERA I stuff as I had done alot of reading ... Bur it only had the settlements no players

19 minutes ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

I recall a posting of a excel sheet ... Was it just a snapshot of the summary? ... It listed all the settlements and the breakdown quantity of what types of buildings are in the settlement (residence factory culture etc) ... It was when I was still trying to figure out the game and if I wanted to join ... It could have been in the ERA I stuff as I had done alot of reading ... Bur it only had the settlements no players

That is what is in the account sheet - might have been posted separately, but that would only be a snapshot of realities. The actual numbers are always to be found in the accounts workbook in the sheet named settlement status.

I'm at loss, how does the upkeep of ships work. The About Ships page is all but clear to me about that fact. and the 'upkeep calculator' is the same table but then in an excel form where there is nothing to be filled in or to be calculated.

Lets say I'm a starting player and only have a single class 2.

compared to a long time brick sea dweller. who has a class 2, class 4 and a class 6 

compared to someone who only has a class 10 floating fortress.

lets keep the ship levels out of the picture for now, because I do understand how that works.

If any other comparison is more practical. go for that. I just don't know how this part works at all.

Bart

1 hour ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

You got the account summary excell file. Well, there is a second tab in that file with errything about settlements! :)

@Bart

Each ship has a monthly upkeep. (A percentage of license cost - I believe it is currently 15 %)

You add up the upkeep of all ships you have active in the relevant round of the MRCA (A+T-MRCA).

Say that adds up to 220 dbs which is called base upkeep.

The first 100 dbs are free.

The next 100 dbs (101-200 of your base upkeep) are charged at 100 %, that is 100 dbs.

The last 20 dbs (above 200 of your base upkeep) are charged at 150 %, which means 30 dbs.

In total, that will add up to 130 dbs for that specific month.

Hope that helps.

@Bart If you want a tool for checking upkeep, maybe use my tool for that. I currently added my active ships into it (argh, so damn much upkeep :pir-murder:), but feel free to clear that and try some other examples, you can't break anything I believe.

Just to clarify upkeep is off licence cost (flat across the game) or off actual licenced cost examples:

So the free class 2 would have the upkeep as if it were licence as a non free class 2 correct?

And SR specific question the upkeep comes off the non discounted cost correct?

6 minutes ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

Just to clarify upkeep is off licence cost (flat across the game) or off actual licenced cost examples:

So the free class 2 would have the upkeep as if it were licence as a non free class 2 correct?

And SR specific question the upkeep comes off the non discounted cost correct?

yeah, free vessels are usually treated like paid vessels for upkeep. Only current exceptions would be vessels won in Challenges (CH4B handed out 2xclass 6, 2xclass 5 and 1xclass 4 vessels for example, those are upkeep free, though most aren't active anymore)

SR upkeep is based on the non-discounted cost, that is correct indeed.