Kalhiki

Future Constraction Lines

Yeah, while they are rather simplistic statues, they're recognizable and don't look as weird as the Ionix ones do.

Though I think it's a missed opportunity on MEGA's behalf that they didn't made actual minifigures (MEGAfigures?) of the Pokémon, but only of the trainers instead.

Edited by ZORK64

Yeah, while they are rather simplistic statues, they're recognizable and don't look as weird as the Ionix ones do.

Though I think it's a missed opportunity on MEGA's behalf that they didn't made actual minifigures (MEGAfigures?) of the Pokémon, but only of the trainers instead.

I don't think minifig style pokemon would work very well.

Edited by Jetrax99

I've recently been watching Mighty Orbots and I realized that I really want a contraction line of individual figures that can all combine Voltron style into one giant robot. That'd be cool.

I'd love to see something modular like that. Mix 'n match combining robots would be sweet.

Honestly, I just want something fun. I want to see a line that makes me want to spend my money. It's boring if I'm just getting sets to "complete the collection," which is what I felt was happening with Bionicle G2 for me. I want something new and exciting.

Seconded. However, given this is LEGO, I'd like to see something a bit more creative: instead of each character becoming only one body part, they could use transformation and partial re-assembling to become many different body part and combine in multitudes of ways.

Also, story-wise, I think something like the original CYBOTS would be fun: non-military robots designed for research, exploration or resource-gathering that are faced with an unexpected threath and must raise to the occasion (though I'd prefer a something more Lovecraftian, like the Inhumanoids, instead of rogue robots).

Seconded. However, given this is LEGO, I'd like to see something a bit more creative: instead of each character becoming only one body part, they could use transformation and partial re-assembling to become many different body part and combine in multitudes of ways.

Also, story-wise, I think something like the original CYBOTS would be fun: non-military robots designed for research, exploration or resource-gathering that are faced with an unexpected threath and must raise to the occasion (though I'd prefer a something more Lovecraftian, like the Inhumanoids, instead of rogue robots).

i second both suggestions! i could see the Cybots -esque plot lending itself to Slizer/Throwbot style "elements" by way of being built for specific tasks and enviroments and the Orbots combining could be used for making super special configurations for unique jobs and enviroments with enphesis on turning each robot's tool into a unique tool if i make sense. like i dunno some earth mover robot that has scoops combines with a fire robot with like a flamethrower and they combine to make a carving/shaping robot that uses its claws to hold maerial and the flamethrower to burn material off and therefor shape.

i may even want an edutainment aspect where all these robot charatcers are essentially scifi-ied up versions of existing tools and jobs and the story slips in informtion on topics relating to those jobs. like my hypothetical earth mover robot is part of a Mining "tribe" that is a cross between fantasy dwarves and stereotypical construction workers and their job is to dig tunnels and infrastructure as well as mine for resources. a potential plot could be a rehash of hero factory's Invasion from Down below where the tribe disturbs an underground species and the drama can come from the real world issue of expanding human infrastructure and the danger of encroaching on animal habitats. the miner tribe could maybe save the day with i dunno a wildlife tribe that's a cross between elves and zoologists whose special tools are hightned sensors and the combiner is a strong but sensitive robot that can put in the infrastructure needed but with enough percision to make sure to underground species habitat is untouched.

i am just thinking out loud here.

I don't think minifig style pokemon would work very well.

I think it depends on the Pokémon in question. Smaller critters such as Pikachu may not benefit much from that (though they would look more recognizable than being just a brick), but the taller mons such as Lucario, Mewtwo or Charizard could work well as minifigs.

I haven't heard of CYBOTS before, and boy do these prototypes look awkward, but the idea behind it is pretty neat, and I'd be happy if LEGO would actually make a constraction line that incorporates more brick-building. Knight's Kingdom already wandered into that direction, but unfortunately never got really far.

I would like an constraction line that has more  organic looking figures.

Bionicle didn't look organic to me.HF were just robots.Galidor-no,no,no,no.Maybe a line with one hero and a lot of bad guys.Something like Mattel's Original Max Steel.

Don't know where else to bring this up, but this Nexo Knights set (along with The Three Brothers and Jestro's Headquarters) has the lightning piece (the one that was used on pretty much every Protector) in purple. Or some kind of purple and light blue blend. A very welcome addition to the lineup of colors for that piece.

Also a welcome addition are the spring green (or whatever it's called) CCBS shells on this Dragon from Elves.

So we may not be getting a new Constraction line next wave (who knows if this year), but we're certainly still getting some nice recolors. EDIT: Alongside whatever SW brings us.

Edited by Kalhiki

Okay, so are we getting one next Summer? If so, we'd be lucky.

Especially we just have 6-7 more SW figures to look forward to, at the same time.

Edited by Chimaninja454

Well...a reboot of Knights Kingdom with more humanoid style armor and pieces, for starters. A series based around fantasy-creatures (licensed, not ? Maybe Lego D&D ?). Prehistoric animals of all kinds (see - Chima, but even more stylized + more animal-like). A theme around modern animals (this and the previous idea could be merged into one). DC and Marvel licensed characters. An Exo-Force reboot would be awesome (or maybe Pacific Rim ? Hell, even Lego Power Rangers have that potential - and there is a movie coming out about them...so). And of course....Galidor Two - Galidor Harder. With more tie-ins ! More pointless pieces ! More action-figure schlock ! More arms you can shoot off ! 

On 18/11/2016 at 4:58 PM, Kalhiki said:

Don't know where else to bring this up, but this Nexo Knights set (along with The Three Brothers and Jestro's Headquarters) has the lightning piece (the one that was used on pretty much every Protector) in purple. Or some kind of purple and light blue blend. A very welcome addition to the lineup of colors for that piece.

Also a welcome addition are the spring green (or whatever it's called) CCBS shells on this Dragon from Elves.

So we may not be getting a new Constraction line next wave (who knows if this year), but we're certainly still getting some nice recolors. EDIT: Alongside whatever SW brings us.

Speaking of Nexo Knights, the new Battle Suits have a few trans reddish orange parts that might be useful, like the Black Phantom mace half (guess on who?) and a new axe and sword elements (that, however, seem to attach via brick).

40 minutes ago, Logan McOwen said:

I don't know if this has been brought up yet (or what you guys make of 4chan rumours), but...

c046203cbba2238bf9757be0a0519086.png

...an anon posted this the weekend before last. Take it with a huge grain of salt.

Larger image if needed

I remember that at some point a 4chan set description actually was correct, so I kinda trust them...although having a series so far into production with a proper sci-fi writer attached to it seems a bit too promising. It seems like an idea posted into one of those "what if..." topics. You know, the ones where people say they would love to see someone like Neil Gaiman or one of the writers of WH4K take on Bionicle.

Edited by Frozen Assasin

7 hours ago, Frozen Assasin said:

That is what makes it so strangely plausible...but most likely it is a hoax. Why can't he even disclose the name of the books this guy wrote ?

Well, obviously he doesn't want to get his brother identified as the leaker and get him in trouble/fired. If the leaker is legit, that part makes total sense.

So I encountered this on 4chan's /toy/:

Idk if this is true or not but I saw this on /lg/:

"I'm not going in any details but I got to see some of the 2018 summer sets from the 2018 2HY catalog.
So,here are the most important things:
-No Nexo Knights summer wave which confirms the winter wave to be the last one.
>We do get Unikity sets. There are around 7-8 sets.
What I remember I saw are a bike for the dog character,a big playset castle and some other small scenery playsets. 
>New CCBS theme! The new line is similar in its aesthetic with Bionicle and Hero Factory. It's said to have a cartoon and app with scannable pieces. The theme is set in a computer world and we get 4 small robots "good guys" and 4 robots "bad guys". We also get a bike,two big figures TOA size "hero and "villain" and a Titan size monster. They use a lot of new technic pieces and masks. We also have a new launcher.
This is all I got to see. Two new themes and the confirmation of the Nexo Knights ending. I heard there are also some Harry Potter and Fantastix Beasts sets in it. I can't take any pictures and even if I would be able I wouldn't do that to put in danger someones job. Goodbye and I hope you have a good day."

If this is true then it's awesome. We should hear more in the next months and we'll find out if all of this is real.

Considering the, uh, """source""", this should be taken very, VERY lightly. Truth be told, I don't believe it myself, but this board has been essentially dead for the past few months, so really what's the harm in discussing this?

15 hours ago, TheGreatSpirit said:

>New CCBS theme! The new line is similar in its aesthetic with Bionicle and Hero Factory. It's said to have a cartoon and app with scannable pieces. The theme is set in a computer world and we get 4 small robots "good guys" and 4 robots "bad guys". We also get a bike,two big figures TOA size "hero and "villain" and a Titan size monster. They use a lot of new technic pieces and masks. We also have a new launcher.

This feels like a potential Slizers Reboot.

4 Good guys- Torch, Ski, Turbo and Scuba

4 Bad Guys- Judge, Amazon, Electro and Granite

Bike- Millennium

Titan- Blaster

New Launcher- Throwbot arms

A CCBS theme fitting that description isn't totally unbelievable. However, between this being an unseasonably early description of a summer set list and the info not including much outside the scope of what people have already been speculating about (Unikitty sets, new constraction, etc), there's no reason to think this isn't just a person making extremely broad guesses at what LEGO might do next year and framing it as a "leak".

1 hour ago, Takanuinuva said:

Bike- Millennium

Titan- Blaster

Unlikely, just because if they know enough about constraction to know terms like CCBS, titan, etc, then they almost certainly would have known what Slizers/Throwbots were and could have described them as such. And even if they didn't know what slizers/throwbots were, they still could have described a throwing arm with more specificity than "new launcher".

59 minutes ago, Aanchir said:

A CCBS theme fitting that description isn't totally unbelievable. However, between this being an unseasonably early description of a summer set list and the info not including much outside the scope of what people have already been speculating about (Unikitty sets, new constraction, etc), there's no reason to think this isn't just a person making extremely broad guesses at what LEGO might do next year and framing it as a "leak".

Unlikely, just because if they know enough about constraction to know terms like CCBS, titan, etc, then they almost certainly would have known what Slizers/Throwbots were and could have described them as such. And even if they didn't know what slizers/throwbots were, they still could have described a throwing arm with more specificity than "new launcher".

I'm not saying it is. But the similarities are there.

I'm taking this with a grain of salt anyways. 

19 hours ago, TheGreatSpirit said:

Considering the, uh, """source""", this should be taken very, VERY lightly. Truth be told, I don't believe it myself, but this board has been essentially dead for the past few months, so really what's the harm in discussing this?

I won't go into a ton of detail here (at least not publically), but I've heard similar rumors from sources outside of a certain anonymous image board. So it's not a guaranteed fake.

And yes, a 2HY 2018 retail catalog would exist at this point in some parts of the world. That said, I'd be pretty fundamentally surprised if it turned out that this was legitimate. I'm interested, of course, but I wouldn't get invested in the concept.

2 hours ago, Aanchir said:

However, between this being an unseasonably early description of a summer set list

As a quick note: I'm pretty sure that we knew the names of the 2HY G2 sets (Ekimu, UtD, and the Beasts) around this time back in 2015. It's very uncommon, sure, but leaks do happen this early.

Edited by Azani

1 hour ago, Azani said:

I won't go into a ton of detail here (at least not publically), but I've heard similar rumors from sources outside of a certain anonymous image board. So it's not a guaranteed fake.

And yes, a 2HY 2018 retail catalog would exist at this point in some parts of the world. That said, I'd be pretty fundamentally surprised if it turned out that this was legitimate. I'm interested, of course, but I wouldn't get invested in the concept.

Ooooooooff, I really should know better, but I want to believe...

Interesting. It would be nice to have a CCBS theme again.

12 hours ago, Takanuinuva said:

Bike- Millennium

Titan- Blaster

Even if its not a reboot it sounds inspired by Slizer. However the term "Monster" sounds different than Slizer.