Sign in to follow this  
Chmashdehjare

Pet Shop interesting piece

I'm pretty new to modulars and just cracking open some boxes from under my desk.  I have a question about an interesting piece I found in the Pet Shop modular.

For step 14 in book 2 when building the first floor of the actual pet shop, there is a 1x2 light blue brick with a slot in it.  I'm mostly a Technic guy so I've not seen one of those before and my thought was to wonder to what use this going to be put (excitedly so I must say). But in the next couple of steps it just gets covered up and no use is made of the slot.

So what's the point of using that piece instead of a normal 1x2 brick? Or is the non-slotted variant not made in that color?

Just curious.  This city building instead of Technic is pretty cool!

The slot is used to detail the second story wall in the Pet Shop. When this type of 1 x 2 brick is used in a modular they do not include plane ones in that color so it can be used as a detail brick or a plain brick. Helps reduce part count by one.

11 hours ago, AllanSmith said:

This brick was originally designed as a vertical guide track for the garage roller door pieces.

Yeah that ^^^^

From another Eurobricks thread on the garage door:

lamella_door.png

Source: 

21 hours ago, AllanSmith said:

This brick was originally designed as a vertical guide track for the garage roller door pieces.

Wow, thanks for the info.   As a software guy with the mechanical aptitude of a raging bull on meth I love building technic Lego for the way things go together and I'm delighted to see similarly fascinating building techniques in city Lego where it's "just bricks".