Sign in to follow this  
Capt Wolf

"G'day Gov'nor" (purchasing ship levels)

The warehouse manager was surprised to see Gov. Willem Guilder, director of the Merchants Colonial Trading Company, walk in in the middle of the afternoon.

more_ships.jpg

"G'day, gov'nor. What brings you down dockside?"

The warehouse manager's accent sounded out of place to Guider, but he ignored it and pressed on with his business. "I'm here to make sure we have proper warehouse space allocated for the coming trade season. The winds are fair at this time, and our trade ships will be busy." Guilder looked around the warehouse and motioned with his walking stick. "That space over there will be needed. We've added ships to our roster. And make sure the outgoing cargoes are logged properly..."

The warehouse manager tried to keep track of everything Guilder said, but frankly he was just glad he hadn't been napping when the governor walked in.

"And make sure you keep the schedules updated properly. The Lady of Madrice is back in service; I don't want her overlooked..."

The Lady of Madrice? Didn't that ship sink? thought the manager. Then again, the ol' Wench seemed to have nine lives.

"OK, do you have all that?"

The warehouse manager shook his head. "Yessir, gov'ner!"

"Very well, get to it" said Guilder as he turned to leave.

The manager scratched his head. Now what was he saying about that space over there? ...

---

Just a little build for the MCTC and Guilder to purchase some extra ship levels.

I find the warehouse manager ressembles vaguely to Legostone's sigfig, are they related?:wink:

Very neat and detailed build, I like the fence used as window.

21 hours ago, Elostirion said:

That really is a good warehouse, this wall-technique looks fantastic!

Thanks! This is my second build using those cross-braced support pieces. Still exploring how i can use them.

13 hours ago, Bodi said:

I find the warehouse manager ressembles vaguely to Legostone's sigfig, are they related?:wink:

Now that you mention it, they do look similar. But LS's Monezterrell dresses better. Also, that particular style of mustache is very popular in parts of Eslandian society. :pir-grin:

13 hours ago, Bodi said:

Very neat and detailed build, I like the fence used as window

Thanks. With such a small build, I wanted make sure I used interesting pieces. I was prepared to include more items in the warehouse, but it's a small build and really just meant to be a stage for the figs.

11 hours ago, Mesabi said:

Neat little build Wolf! Good writing too. 

Thanks. The writing was fun. After I wrote that first line by the warehouse manager, it sounded like a cockney accent in my head, which of course was all wrong, so i had to mention it. And that just put me in the mood to write something fun.