Sign in to follow this  
Nico15

LDD guidlines for good allignment?

Hi,

I found LDD a very usefull software but I'm quite new. Just after a few bricks I found allignment problem when I work with beams and peg connector. I Always check if all is alligned but missalignment occurs. Maybe the beam is less then 1 mm backward/farward or 0.1 on degree but peg connector require perfect allignment. In fact in this case I can insert, for example, a cross axle connecting 2 beams but not a peg. It' really annoying! I have Always to stop and try to re-build.  Have you some suggestion?

P.S.

I would like to attach an example but I don't know how to upload an lfx file. It says only image file and using an url doesn't work.

3 hours ago, Nico15 said:

I can insert, for example, a cross axle connecting 2 beams but not a peg.

LDD is a bit more lenient on axles than on pegs (collision boxes are a bit smaller).

The best way is to compute the angles mathematically and use 2 digits precision values. (E.g. for a 3x4x5 triangle, use 53.13°.) You can rotate the beams with the mouse but that will often lead to approximative angles that may work with that connection but lead to problems with other constructions later. (I just checked with the mouse and LDD allows ±0.25° with a peg, ±0.75° with an axle; and that’s to connect the parts (outlined in green), you can sometimes force parts in some positions where they neither collide nor connect.)