Sign in to follow this  
Elostirion

BOBS CMF - Series 1

37438641462_774d8881e2_c.jpg

Eslandolan Merchant
37469392691_31877e9f5e.jpg
A feeling for money, courage, some fortune at the seas, a bit of ruthlessness - and soon this guy has become one of the richest men in the Colonies. He knows a good business when he sees it, and he never rests from work - be at the harbour-pier or at cultural events. He is a member of the ETWC, and his connections and influence range wide. While his extravagant appearance may make him seem detached, he has only come to where he is through hardest work. And this pretty golden statue he just acquired? Oh be assured, he will sell it for great profit soon.

Eslandolan Conquistador
37211706860_fd732f2bb8.jpg
He loves the adventure, and glory is the ultimate goal of his life. Many might call him a mercenary, and sure he is often hired by the major trading companies for simple jobs, such as guarding a city or a trade voyage. But on his current mission for MAESTRO he does what he loves: Venture into the unknown, explore new worlds, find new islands, found settlements, discover hidden places - and maybe one of those will carry his name some day.

Eslandolan Cotton Farmer
37438643472_81275b5ab1.jpg
She has come to the Colonies in hope for a better life. For months she had saved her hard earned money from being a day labourer in the old world to pay for the voyage to the Colonies. When she arrived at Nova Terreli in Nellisa, she was overwhelmed by the energetic and sanguine atmosphere she could feel vibrate through the streets. Soon she found a job at one of the MCTC's cotton plantations. Soon she would be promoted as supervisor, and most certainly she would open a business of her own. Soon.

Mardierian Footsoldier
37438643652_cb5833555c.jpg
Seeing comrades die in battle is horrible. Seeing your own subordinates fall under your command will pursue you for a lifetime. Isla de Medio - or Isla de Victoria as they now called it - had been Mardier's worst nightmare in the Colonies. With the civil war, and later the unsuccessful war against both Eslandola and Garvey, the former colonial superpower of Mardier had lost ground rapidly, and might soon even fall into oblivion. Here he sat now, in those lousy barracks outside of Calisto on King's Island, awaiting his next orders. He could only hope that his commanders would be wise enough to pick the right foe, this time.

Oleon Admiral
37438644072_696378475a.jpg
He was born to stand above the common soldier, and so he did. The upcoming pirate hunt was his first major command as admiral for glorious Oleon - to make the trade routes safe again, and to prove to the world what true naval power means. Those who had called him spoiled son of la noblesse, unable to command a fleet - they soon would know better. Those who did not yet know his name - they soon would. And the pirate captains who defied him - soon noone would, anymore. It was time to hold a motivational speech to the common footsoldiers, those less gifted than him.

Oleon Priest of Zeus
37438644202_9d4fc1a3a3.jpg
There was no room for doubt in a man's life, because belief is what keeps us alive. Too bad that belief had diminished in Eslandola and Corrington over the past centuries, and even worse that in the Colonies where a temple would be of utmost importance to keep hope alive even during the worst times only few seemed to have time to pray. But the rumours about the wild native population of the new islands were far beyond the pale! Praying to parrots, walking over hot stones, or even praying to wild felines - someone needed to tell them the truth. About Zeus, but also about Poseidon and Hades. And thus he boarded a ship.

Oleon Artist
37438644392_aec795c1dc.jpg
What would the world be, if we could not preserve it? That's what the earliest men did, when they carve pictures into the walls of caves, and in people like herself that art comes to perfection. Because what she does is more than just paint what is - she adds what could have been, what might be real, and even what will or will not happen. Combining reality and imagination can create true perfection. And while in her youth she had often portraied the noble, and the military leaders, she had turned to something different, something that required her to travel, something that demanded real courage: Portraying the battles at sea, and adding her very own flavour!

Garvey Rum Trader
37211707760_f0931b106d.jpg
Garvey wasn't much of a colonial power - but she couldn't care less. The Rum Isles were a paradise, and planting while planting sugar cane was one thing, and destilling rum was another - she had found that her fortune was in making deals with traders from all nations. She had paired with a rich Eslandolan tradelord from the MCTC - he provided the money, and she operated business on the Rum Isles. Profits were shared, but somehow riches meant little to her compared to the overwhelming feeling of making eyes at a merchant from afar and knowing he would cut every deal she proposed.

Sea Rat Captain
37211707920_d0fb33d9ec.jpg
Last time they got in this horrible storm. The time before there was that thing with the mutinity. Before that they had this unfortunate incident with the Corrish Armada. The captain had not been too lucky, lately. But not this time! The treasure map he stole from the Oleander nobleman would lead him to riches beyond measure. His ship was ready, the path was set - nothing could go wrong this time. Now all he needed was a crew!

Sea Rat Adventurer
37211706600_ca60a30fb7.jpg
In Nova Terreli they called her pirate, and only through sheer luck could she escape. In Tortuga they'd all know what she means when she says she is an adventurer, but the good thing about Tortuga is that noone asks anyways. She has sailed with many infamous captains, such as the Captain Meloche and even Benjamin Morgan himself. Money is a neccessity to buy some good rum, and rum is important for courage, which you need to earn money. Life is great.

Sea Rat Innkeeper
37438642502_09fff4c3ea.jpg
Some say he once was a resourceful smuggler. Others rumour he was an infamous priate. Only he knows the truth, but those rumours help in his current job - both to attract guests and to have them respect him. And sure, he runs this inn at Rassilon, and many come to him for a good beer, or for a bed, or for some information. And those who come for some of the more... secret goods... be sure there is a special back room for this kind of business in his inn as well.

Tenotaxclan Fisherwoman
37438642372_c7ed60b333.jpg
The strangers brought wonders to her home. They came with giant canoes, which they call ships. Now they build huts of stone, and they cook food inside those huts. They have machines moving of their own. And they carve strange runes on leafs which they call paper, with a liquid they call ink. Oh the wonders! Yet so little do they know about the forests, and the lakes, and the rivers, and the mountains, and the animals. They look for the shiny metal, but noone asks her, but she knows where to find it, she knows. But instead of looking, the strangers prefer to argue about the name of her home: Berreli or Annetta? Why not just call it home?

Corrington Governor
37469392301_647ccfd539.jpg
Born to be a nobleman, grown to be a gentleman, lived as a master strategist. He has served both as General in her majesty's army and later as Admiral in her majesty's navy. He has governed fortresses, towns and territories in royal order. And now he has arrived in the Colonies, on Alicentia, in Mooreton Bay. For three months he had planned his next mission, because thinking ahead is the key to order and success. His fleet is ready and waiting for his order only to leave port and sail south, for the honour of Corrington. Before that, however, it is time for a cup of tea with his daughter and his future son in law - because a gentlemen always takes his time.

Corrington Pioneer
37438642002_7d50414247.jpg
His regiment had been the first to land on Garma's Key, and to claim the island for her majesty, Queen Anetta. Honour, discipline and loyalty kept men unified in the new world, where to seeked to widen the Empire's borders. A musket was one thing, but sometimes a paddle proved to be far more important. During the past month he had learned a lot he had never imagined before: About plants, animals, how to build a hut with palm leafs, or how to catch fish with an improvised wooden spear. Recently he had bought a small house in Kingston, and soon his wife and sone would follow him into the Colonies.

Corrington Scientist
37438641832_1e5d1385cb.jpg
The Royal Society of Natural Philosophy - only the most renowned scientists were members of this illustrous society. And soon he would apply as well! But what would he talk about? The essence of sugar cane and lime as a liquid in a bottle, which he had invented? Or the hourglass running exactly ten hours, indicating the end of a shift in the Empire's factories (he was so glad they had unified working times)? Or about his calculations, proving that it was actually impossible to make a ship fly with hot air? Most certainly he would not talk about his idea to make use of hot steam to power machines - because even he knew something like this would never work at all.

Mermaid
37438641632_79a4a6fce8.jpg
Fiction or Reality? Many a sailor claims to have seen the mermaids, out on the cliffs, tempting them to come and spend the night with them, only to be drawn into the depth, where the mermaid would reveal her true nature, and where even worse creatures may lurke. Like the mysterious Kraken, which drew many ships into the depth. While Oleons Priest see this as a test from the gods, Corrington's scientists already have a scientific explanation and a name for the phenomenon, and Eslandola's merchants seek their chance for raised profits being the only ones to trade on the endangeroured routs - while the bravest captains of the Sea Rats see their chance to... take from the latter. And during all that, the mermaid just sits and waits.

Great stuff, Elostirion, this needs to be available in Lego Stores asap - and frontpaged!! :excited:

Hey, could you use these figs to create a base for a BoBS banner? We had this discussion a while back, but it never lead anywhere... maybe an opportunity to breath fresh life into it?

Great looking figs and imaginative backstories that really ties in a lot of nice details, Elos! I will link this post to the quick start guide as inspiration, if you don't mind! :)

Very cool series Elos, I might have to slap my own version together this weekend now, I love building figs!

1 hour ago, Elostirion said:

Corrington Governor
37469392301_647ccfd539.jpg
Born to be a nobleman, grown to be a gentleman, lived as a master strategist. He has served both as General in her majesty's army and later as Admiral in her majesty's navy. He has governed fortresses, towns and territories in royal order. And now he has arrived in the Colonies, on Alicentia, in Mooreton Bay. For three months he had planned his next mission, because thinking ahead is the key to order and success. His fleet is ready and waiting for his order only to leave port and sail south, for the honour of Corrington. Before that, however, it is time for a cup of tea with his daughter and his future son in law - because a gentlemen always takes his time.

Sounds like an excellent choice for your new sigfig for when you come over to us redcoats! :pir_tong2: (joke)

Nice choice of minifig, and the descriptions are even more fascinating.

Very nice series Elos!  I think I like the Oleon three best actually, for some reason. :look: :pir-grin:  We need a yellow series, though! :pir-laugh:

Even if it hadn't been for anything else, you got me with this:

14 hours ago, Elostirion said:

He is a member of the ETWC

:laugh: :grin:  

A lot of neat figs, Elos, but the Corrie Gov'ner and Sea Rat Captain take the cake for me!  Great job getting not only all four factions, but some natives and NPCs in there as well! :thumbup:

18 hours ago, Kolonialbeamter said:

Great stuff, Elostirion, this needs to be available in Lego Stores asap - and frontpaged!! :excited:

Hey, could you use these figs to create a base for a BoBS banner? We had this discussion a while back, but it never lead anywhere... maybe an opportunity to breath fresh life into it?

Thank you!

I might give the banner a try, why not - though it would probably need some other LEGO elements besides the minifigs, but I could work that out I guess. If anyone else wants to use my CMFs for a banner or anything else, just go ahead.

17 hours ago, Bregir said:

Great looking figs and imaginative backstories that really ties in a lot of nice details, Elos! I will link this post to the quick start guide as inspiration, if you don't mind! :)

Sure I don't mind - and thank you!

17 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

Very cool series Elos, I might have to slap my own version together this weekend now, I love building figs!

[Corrington Governor]

Sounds like an excellent choice for your new sigfig for when you come over to us redcoats! :pir_tong2: (joke)

PLEASE go ahead and do one of your own - I always loved your minifig-collections (like Mardier or Garvey).

Also yeah, I really do like that Governor as well. Time to wear the black... red... green.. whatever. ;-) 
I also had a dark-red version of him before (panties and cloak), and also tried with black ruffs instead of white epaulettes (didn't work with the hair, though). Once I got my hands on some black epaulettes I might work on his darker version again. And I really might keep him for some of my future builds.

17 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

Really a good idea :sweet:

Nice figs

Thank you - now I am looking forward to others using the idea and create better minifigs!

17 hours ago, Bodi said:

Nice choice of minifig, and the descriptions are even more fascinating.

Thank you - those descriptions took quite some effort. Glad you like them.

16 hours ago, Drunknok said:

Excellent collection - where can I get it? :wub:

Now available at your local.... no wait. Would probably take quite a few bricklink stores to collect all the pieces.

15 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

Very nice series Elos!  I think I like the Oleon three best actually, for some reason. :look: :pir-grin:  We need a yellow series, though! :pir-laugh:

Someone had to say that y-word, right? ;-) 

Thank you! And glad you like the Oleon-figures, which were the hardest for me to identify with, for some reason I can't even explain.

14 hours ago, Kwatchi said:

Fun stuff!

Moste definitely - thanks!

13 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

Now that's how you do a figbarf! I love 'em! :thumbup:

Thank you, glad to hear. :-) 

10 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

:wub: Fantastic Job! Now I am tempted to make my own series!!!

Thank you so much - and PLEASE go ahead and amaze me with yours.

10 hours ago, Mesabi said:

Looking great @Elostirion. Each figure has a great use of parts, and a lot of character. 

Thank you - I really gave it some thought before I even started. Glad to hear it worked out.

4 hours ago, Garmadon said:

Even if it hadn't been for anything else, you got me with this:

:laugh: :grin:  

A lot of neat figs, Elos, but the Corrie Gov'ner and Sea Rat Captain take the cake for me!  Great job getting not only all four factions, but some natives and NPCs in there as well! :thumbup:

I tried to depict as much of the world as possible in the backstories, e.g. all Eslandolan TCs, as well as in the range of the figures, e.g. more than just the three big nations. Glad you like it - and ETWC definitely needs to rise again.

And those two might be my favourites as well. Especially for the Sea Rats, which I think have immense potential as a nation to be so much more than just your stereotypical pirate.

Great initiative Elostirion. The Sea Rat adventurer is superb! Other that really caught my eye is the corrington governor, the cotton picker and the Oleon Priest.

Great idea !

you really started something !

the Eslandolan merchant is great ! And nice to see a Ténotclaxcan native on the first run !

Excellent idea! :excited: It's kinda funny that no one thought of it before now... :grin:

All in all, this is a fantastic fantasy series. :wub: I really like the Eslandola Conquistador, Oleon Admiral, Corrington Governor and Sea Rat Captain for their execution, but the occupational ones are nice too. The Corry Scientist looks too modern to me, but the full series is great, and I love that group pic. Good work. :thumbup: