Lord Buckethead

[COR-AMRCA] Mokolei Expedition

J0fCoNr.jpg

"Greetings Captain Fernsby, my name is Captain Abbot, this is Mr. Bardsley representative of the ETTC and this is Lieutenant Downer of the Royal Engineers. Apologies for the quick introductions but if you will please follow me, we have much to discuss before our departure in the morning."

1 Month Later

8NGLRF5.jpg

One month had passed and still the expedition had not begun, instead the men enjoyed an unexpected break and the officers dined finely every night. It seemed the only ones not enjoying themselves were the scientists. The lead scientist, Reuben Robertson decided it was time to take action. He and his colleagues had invested heavily in this expedition and were anxious to depart so they could begin their studies. He barged in to the Officers tent and demanded to Captain Fernsby. "Captain, we have been sat idle on this beach for over a month and not an ounce of scientific progress has been made, I demand to know why we have been delayed this long!".

pq4efcn.jpg

Captain Fernsby sighed heavily. "Well my good sir, we are awaiting the arrival of a shipment of gunpowder and a diplomat, one that could perhaps save your life in the near future. Should you wish we can depart tomorrow however I will have you know that elements of the Mokolei nation have indeed acted in an aggressive manner towards citizens of Corrington in the past. So unless you for some god forsaken reason lack the will to live, I would recommend you stay here and only depart once the appropriate supplies and personnel have arrived."

Reuben, somewhat shaken by the Captains stern response simply replied. "So what would you have us do in the meantime, my colleagues are no longer content just sitting on a beach."

"Well my scouts report sighting a small village nearby, should you wish you may take a small party of men and greet the locals tomorrow." Captain Fernsby said in reply.

"And how long ago were you informed of this." Replied Reuben.

"Well about a day after we arrived." Replied Captain Fernsby.

"So why wasn't I informed." Demanded Reuben, clearly annoyed.

Captain Fernsby smiled, "You didn't ask." and with that Reuben stormed out of the tent.

Some time later after the ETTC representative and his wife had left Captain Abbot stood up and addressed the table.

NPrn9HA.jpg

"Gentlemen, as of the past few weeks Lieutenant Downer and I have been discussing something that I think you will find rather interesting. The establishment of a fraternity that caters to the needs of military officers, the Royal Society of Military Sciences. I would like to take this opportunity to extend to you an invitation into the society so that you may become, along with myself and Lieutenant Downer founding members." 

Lieutenant Williams was the first to reply "May I ask what sort of activities exactly would the members of this society engage in?"

"Well Lieutenant." began Captain Abbot "They would discuss military tactics, study historical battles, the more academically inclined members may even invent new technologies that have innovative military applications and of course they would drink to their hearts content"

"An interesting concept for sure, consider me in." Replied Captain Fernsby.

"Aye and me too." Said Lieutenant Miller.

"Well, I suppose me too." Said Lieutenant Williams.

"Fabulous." Replied Captain Abbot. "We will discuss the finer details at a later date."

The Next Morning

Reuben and his company had departed at sunrise for there was much to cover in the day, with him he to took a few choice scientists and a platoon of Royal army soldiers. After many hours of studying the town and it's inhabitants sunset loomed.

b79D8ap.jpg

As Sergeant Doyle marched his men back to camp he noticed something rather peculiar, a scientist kneeling on a nearby bench observing something through a magnifying glass. Always one to learn knew things he approached the scientist to ask what exactly he was doing. 

1ubPv6C.jpg

"And what would you be doing good sir." Asked Sergeant Doyle.

Somewhat annoyed the scientist began to reply. "I'm making discoveries in the name of...ahh you would never understand."

The sergeant exasperated by the scientists aggressive attitude simply replied. "Oh, I beg to differ." Before pushing him into the water.

JoXm9np.jpg

As the sergeant began to walk off in an attempt to catch up with the rest of the party he was suddenly approached by a woman whom he had previously never met.

2jB7bqD.jpg

He called out to the party ahead. "Sir, if you need me I will be errrrr making new discoveries in the name of errrrr science in that building over there."

The Lieutenant raised an eyebrow. "You will be making discoveries in the name of science in the brothel?"

"Errrr yes." replied sergeant Doyle.

hCPRctS.jpg

"Very well then Sergeant, you will rendezvous with us back at camp in the morning." Replied the Lieutenant.

"Yes sir." And with that he was off.

rkDTpS7.jpg 

"You are just going to let him do that?" asked Reuben.

"These men haven't had good company in over two months Mr. Robertson, I'm sure punishment can wait until the morning." Replied the Lieutenant.

Edited by Lord Buckethead

Strange yet funny story, I like the quarrels between soliders and scientits, the mosque in the background is very well built.

Btw, I'm interested in the topless lady too, where did you get that torso?

Well Built @Lord Buckethead! And a great story too! I can't wait to see where the story goes!

Minor Criticisms. First, your photography is fine, but I'm not loving the black background for everything. It makes it look like everything is set at night (which might be the case, but I wasn't sure). Second, your images are a little small, I can barely make things out. Finally, I'd love a map of where you are right now! If you don't know how to make one, I could probably whip one up for you.

Finally, I'd love to see some pictures of the entire build. Keep up the good work, mate! 

Great build, and good story. I have to wonder though: is this Corringtons affinity to science at display? That captain and sergeant were just utter bullies towards the scientists. Boo!

Edited by Drunknok

Near the camp, Mr. Bardsley of the ETTC is taking a stroll, followed by two soldiers of the 5th Platoon, 3rd Company, 1st ETTC Sepoy Regiment assigned to assist him on this expedition. They have stopped near a Mokolei shadoof for a rest and a drink of the local water.

Mr. Bardsley was excited to start the expedition, and while the delay had allowed him to make some local contacts, all this waiting was not part of the ETTC plan.

37478010671_1dafa38eca_c.jpg

The Sepoys are specifically selected for their physical size, and often from local populations, making the Sepoy regiment highly diverse. However, they are rigourously trained by the best Corlander standards and the tall men with large turbans make them a menacing sight on the battlefield. Not that the ETTC is a particularly militaristic organisation, but sometimes radical means are necessary to protect the interest of the company and the Crown.

"We shall certainly soon be there," young mr. Christopher Sherman assured himself. He was well aware that his group was late, delaying the whole expedition, but the winds had not been proper and authorities in several nations on the way had proven difficult for the newly appointed diplomat. Mr. Sherman was top of his class in the University of Bellson, but the books had said little of the horrors of foreign bureaucrats, and he had had to learn as he moved along.

37478010341_29469df3cd_c.jpg

This was an exciting mission for any diplomat, and the outcome would likely define the rest of his career. Naturally an optimist, Mr. Sherman had every hope of success, although the success criteria were somewhat fuzzy to him. His superiors had said very little about the objective, and had proven unwilling to elaborate upon request.

37430511396_6c6528d45a_c.jpg

He would infact soon make his rendezvous with the expedition, adding his retinue of himself, a camel and the 3rd Platoon, 2nd Company, of the Royal Diplomatic Guard Regiment, to that of the expedition.

The Royal Diplomatic Guards is made up of veteran soldiers of other regiments, and being transferred to the Guards is considered almost as prestiguous as the Royal Guard itself. Further, it is more suitable for the adventureous, following the diplomats of Corrington around.

For the sake of the form, the troops assigned are:

3rd Platoon, 2nd Company, Royal Diplomatic Guard Regiment (Corrington)

5th Platoon, 3rd Company, 1st ETTC Regiment of Sepoys (ETTC)

I am excited to be part of this expedition and to try out the adventure MRCA. The two builds above serves as the builds required for the raising of troops and to add a little to the story (and introduce mr. Sherman.).

@Lord Buckethead: I am liking the story so far, and your idea of a new Royal Society sounds very interesting - I hope it will attract other Corlanders interested in Military technology and theory.

I am thinking someone should take a correctional conversation with that bullying sergeant, or perhaps do some teambuilding to bring the scientists and the soldiers closer together! ;)

1 hour ago, Drunknok said:

is this Corringtons affinity to sience at display?

Most definitely not! Science is generally highly regarded in Corrington. But of course, the scientists may have been unpleasant, or gotten off on the wrong foot with the soldiers. You never know, but it does appear somewhat un-Corrish!

These are some great builds and stories to start off the Adventure MRCA! I like the various different characters and styles of outfits they show. I also like that some of the previously mentioned groups are getting more development (like the Sepoys and our scientists.) Also there is a camel! I always appreciate a good placement of a Lego animal. 

Though the greatest pique of my interest is the Royal Society of Military Sciences! Now I am torn whether I should join the Royal Society of Natural Philosophy or join this new Royal Society!

44 minutes ago, SilentWolf said:

Though the greatest pique of my interest is the Royal Society of Military Sciences! Now I am torn whether I should join the Royal Society of Natural Philosophy or join this new Royal Society!

I would decide that depending on what you as a person have a greater interest in, what you would like to do with your character, and what you want to do as a builder. With what little I know so far, I would describe both - or: more the questions that come up and which you have to answer for yourself - as follows:

Royal Society of Military Sciences

You have a strong interest in the military history of the 15th to 19th century? Then this might be for you. Things like military ships and their development, fortress design and military strategy (on land or on sea) are of primary interest. There are other things to take into account though. How does the everyday soldier live - and how could it be improved? What weapons are available - and what could be done to enhance them? What possibilities does the military give to a person - and in what way can the military improve society apart from fighting its wars?

A character associated with the RSMS should have at least some ties to the military, either in their background or by current adventures. You might want to support a military expedition, or act - temporarily or for a longer period - as an advisor to the army or navy. Maybe your character has a past experience that motivates it to support the military development?

For builds this is as simple or complex as any other field. You better have a good selection of "military parts" to build with, from soldier minifigs to weapons and other appropriate things. Maybe you enjoy building navy ships, or fortresses, or "scenes from the regular soldiers life"? What scenes do you envision where this has an important part to play?

Royal Society of Natural Philosophy

This one has a broader fields of interests, with anything from natural sciences (mathematics, biology, physics, chemistry, geology, astronomy), all fields of philosophy, social sciences, religious studies, and of course things like alchemy. A complete list of aspects that you could bring into the game from this would require a book of its own. :wink:

A character in the RSNP should have some sort of scientific background, together with the motivation - in terms of sciences and philosophy - to explore the new and to build on the old. Any expedition into unknown lands would be a good way to play on this - but scientific studies can be done on virtually anything. Maybe your character is interested in the social life of different New World settlements? Maybe a detailed description of the sea life near his home? Again: the options are manyfold.

For builds I see even less restrictions than for the RSMS. Virtually every aspect of life is worth the "scientific approach", and so virtually every build imaginable could be useful too.

I'm not sure this helps, but I felt like it could be useful.

P.S.: Usually a scientist is a member in multiple scientific societies. In my opinion you do not have to go for one or the other, you could join both. But that is just my opinion.

Edited by Drunknok

51 minutes ago, SilentWolf said:

Who says you were invited to either? :pir_tong2:

@Mesabi I know, I'm not too happy with my photography and the black background is less than ideal. In the future I will make my images bigger if so desired, it won't really be a problem. I'll try to whip up a map to show where we are and the route we are taking and I'll try to find the picture I took of the completed build.

@Bodi Thanks Bodi, the torso is actually a printed decal.

@Drunknok Thank you and as others have pointed out this is certainly not Corringtons affinity to Science. I'm kind of just trying to build tension between the scientists and the military. Your description of the RSMS was prrtty spot on, I may have to use it in the future if you don't mind.

@Bregir As always your builds are fantastic, well done good sir and I will fill out the form shortly.

@SilentWolf Thanks Silentwolf, I'm glad your interested. Also should you wish to join the RSMS than consider this your invitation. Seen as I'm the only member at the moment I get to make all the decisions. ;)

2 hours ago, Mesabi said:

Who says you were invited to either? :pir_tong2:

Good point! I may just have to make myself so invaluable to both that they will be all begging me to join. I mean I do own all the animals. :P (Except the terrible elephant.) I can do lots of science that way OR I could do lots of military with the best military division ever... the cavalry. :grin:

4 hours ago, Lord Buckethead said:

@Drunknok Thank you and as others have pointed out this is certainly not Corringtons affinity to Science. I'm kind of just trying to build tension between the scientists and the military. Your description of the RSMS was prrtty spot on, I may have to use it in the future if you don't mind.

I think you captured that tension perfectly. As I have a scientific background myself: those can indeed be quite the grumpy cats. :pir-grin:

As for using the RSMS description: of course you are free to use it. I would suggest building on my few lines rather than taking them as is though - I consider them to be more random thoughts than coherent description.

I can't believe I haven't commented on this yet - I thought for sure that I had!!!

Firstly I love the idea of this expedition and the chance to flesh out the Mokolei States.

Both Lord Buckethead and Bregir's builds are really good at illustrating the story. Lord B I still really like your engineers - I will be using these guys in the future and Bregir the Sepoys look great with the white turbans - now I need to add them to a wanted list as I only currently have one!

If you guys need some building support for this expedition somewhere down the line, let me know and I'll see what I can do! Looks very interesting!

The Corlander Mokolei Expedition

37659180451_a2968bd97b_c.jpg

@Lord Buckethead commands the 2nd Company of the 14th Regiment of Foot. The unit is currently in the town of Tazelft, waiting for the rest of the expedition to arrive. Meanwhile, elements within the company are busy making enemies... and underestimating the severeness of the situation...

@Bregir leads a platoon of the Royal Diplomatic Guard Regiment - an elite unit tasked with the protection of Corrlander diplomats. Their main focus is to help establish diplomatic ties with locals and hopefully the rulers of Mokolei later on. They've only just landed, and are a little behind schedule.

The ETTC - always interested in new business opportunities - has sent a platoon of the 1st ETTC Regiment of Sepoys - to protect the interests of company and Crown - in that order. They have currently set up camp somewhere in the periphery of the town.

As the sun begins to set over the walls of Tazelft, a mob is starting to form. The locals are outraged as to the behavior of the Corlander troops in their town! First, only strange, angry voices are echoing through the narrow alleyways, then the first rocks are flying towards the Corlander soldiers...

Lord Buckethead - your options:

1. Savages! - Let them have it! Send our fastest messengers to the Sepoys and the Diplomatic Guard Regiment, tell them to hurry, and set up a perimeter here at the market square! No matter the consequences, nobody messes with Her Majesty's soldiers!
    • Firefight! Whatever it takes - show how the heroic Corlander troops manage to put the local populace in their place! If you win you'll gain 500DB for the expedition coffers.
  2. Drop what you cannot carry, and let's get the heck out of here - now! We've had it coming, and we won't pour any more oil into the fire!
    • Show how the troops are withdrawing from Tazelft, or how they set up a position a little outside the town. Your expedition coffers will suffer minus 50 DB.
  3. Isn't this a diplomatic mission?! - Somebody dig up the diplomat!
    • Show the negotiations with the insurgents, and what the great nation of Corrington is willing to do in order to calm the situation and to regain the goodwill of the people! Two builds or three vignettes required!

ETTC:

• If Lord Buckethead picks option 1.):
    1. On the double, forward march!
      • Show how the company's troops enter the town to actively support the 14th Regiment of Foot. Show the ETTC means business!
    2. We won't support foolish behavior - we are here to make business!
      • Depict a company delegation discussing and closing a very lucrative business deal with the elders in the nearby village! Gain 250DB for the expedition coffers.
  • If Lord Buckethead doesn't pick option 1.):
  • The water in the well seems to contain substances that don't have any effect on the locals - but it's causing severe stomach trouble among the ETTC delegation.
    1. Arghh... can somebody get a doctor already?
      • Show how the suffering delegation gets cured by a healer from a local village! The healer will be payed 30DB from the expedition coffers.
    2. Arghh... this... is... fine!
      • Depict the delegation camp, and let... the... minifigs... suffer! Warning: There's a chance of temporary damage to the delegation's health!
    3. Arghh... where's that scientist when you need him?!
      • Show how the ETTC scientist uses some of that Corrish science stuff, and manages to brew a healing elixir! Three vignettes required!

Bregir:

• If Lord Buckethead picks option 1.):
    1. Abandon the heavy equipment - we have got to get to Talzelft asap! 
      • Show how the troops race through the desert, to reach the 14th Regiment of Foot in time! You loose 30DB worth of equipment.
    2. Let them face the music themselves! We are going to convince the locals of the truthfulness of our mission!
      • Show your diplomats as they try to win the hearts and minds of the local populace! Two vignettes required.
  • There's a village over there - let's do some diplomagic!
    1. Let's try to hire some local mercenaries - they sure know what and who to deal with in these strange lands!
      • Show how your diplomats manage to convince the village elder to send some of his best men along with your expedition! And don't forget to include the troops!
    2. Let's try to obtain some local maps - this will surely help us on our way South!
      • Build a Lego-map (at least 20x20 studs) of either the local surrounding, or all of the Mokolei empire - that's up to you!

Note: There's a mechanic working in the background that will define the Mokolei empire's attitude once you reach their capital. If you get there that is :wink:

On 10/16/2017 at 12:30 AM, Kolonialbeamter said:

Arghh... where's that scientist when you need him?!

• Show how the ETTC scientist uses some of that Corrish science stuff, and manages to brew a healing elixir! Three vignettes required!

Am I right in assuming that these three vignettes could be part of the same build? (Assuming it includes three different and distinct scenes?)

17 minutes ago, Bregir said:

Am I right in assuming that these three vignettes could be part of the same build? (Assuming it includes three different and distinct scenes?)

If you deliver a royal property sized build, I certainly won't go all technical on you about 'three vignettes!'. Well, maybe I would - just for fun :grin:

What matters is decent build effort, and it'd be nice to see some progress as well - pretty sure you get the idea :wink:

On 16/10/2017 at 9:30 AM, Kolonialbeamter said:

Bregir:

• There's a village over there - let's do some diplomagic!
    1. Let's try to hire some local mercenaries - they sure know what and who to deal with in these strange lands!
      • Show how your diplomats manage to convince the village elder to send some of his best men along with your expedition! And don't forget to include the troops!
    2. Let's try to obtain some local maps - this will surely help us on our way South!
      • Build a Lego-map (at least 20x20 studs) of either the local surrounding, or all of the Mokolei empire - that's up to you!

Some guest builders helping out with this one... we have combined by options 1 and 2. Without further ado, here it is:

Christopher Sherman's patience was being sorely tested. His studies at the University of Belson had warned of the endless formalities that proceeded discussions in the Southern nations of Halos and although he was acutely aware how important these pleasantries were, part of him wished he could simply move onto the topic he had come to discuss.

As he sipped on tea from the elaborate glass cup and exchanged the seemingly endless pleasantries with the village elder, he reflected on the events that had led him to this negotiation. Although his objectives were vague, one of the points stressed was the desire for accurate maps of the southern lands. Indeed, even the extent of the Mokolei Empire to the south was not known. Additionally the commander of his escort had lectured him on the need for local knowledge if they were to successfully move overland between Tazelft and Morghun. A passing caravan merchant had recommended Sherman speak to the local village elder, who was known to provide guides and maps to merchants passing between the two settlements and thus here he was, speaking the the elder in question. They spoke on the open first floor of the Elder's house, sat on a magnificent Mokolei rug and overlooking the busy village streets.

24459305078_fdfcb22c42_z.jpg

Mokolei - Overview by @Ayrlego

His sub conscience jolted him out of his revere as he realised the elder was about to move onto business. Being mindful to not directly broach the subject, he began to explain his needs in what felt like a most round about way. Eventually, after another round of hot tea and a course of sweet pastries flavoured with honey and nuts and of course the ubiquitous Molokei dried dates, he had appeared to make progress with the elder. A second, much younger man appeared in a white turban and orange robes, with a neatly trimmed black beard.

38298251172_c17bd85892_z.jpg

Mokolei - Diplomagic by @Ayrlego

The elder explained this was his nephew, Rashid, who apparently was an experienced guide who had accompanied many expeditions south. Rashid provided Sherman with a map of the Northern Mokolei statrapies and explained how he would proceed south.

24400386078_bd1b5a4b20_z.jpg

20171108_140019 by @SilentWolf

A deal was struck and Sherman was able to move on to meet up with the main expedition - after another round of tea and sweets of course. 

Great pair of builds to keep the story going Ayrlego, what a nice collection of camels and ostriches you have too! :pir-grin:  The top of the roof scene looks great, lots of detail!

I see awesome eastern Mokolei-an builds here! I also loved the map due to its colorful nature. Keep up Marco-Polo-Mokolei-ing guys!!!

The mood was tense, somewhat awkward as Sergeant Doyle was tied up to the flogging post. Everyone thought the punishment was harsh relative to the offense that he had committed but the Mokolei demanded justice, its just their idea of justice was different to that of the Corlanders. Despite the fact he was about to endure the worst pain he would ever receive in his life, Sergeant Doyle remained fairly calm. Floggings were quite rare in Corrington nowadays many seeing the practice as outdated and overly cruel however most battalions still carried the equipment as a callback to the past, never intending to use it. It was actually quite fortunate for the Sergeant that the equipment had been packed for otherwise he would have been subjected to the Mokolei way. And just like that it began, normally an officer would read out the offenders crimes before the flogging started but in this instance most thought it best to keep quiet and get it over and done with as fast as possible.

oB6msC0.jpg

"Unpleasant business, but it is all for the good of Corrington" said Captain Abbot.

"Indeed, fortunately Captain Fernsby isn't here, he would likely puke" replied Lieutenant Williams.

"And where would the good Captain be at the moment" asked Abbot.

"He didn't tell you?" asked Williams confused, "He's taken the engineers to go and repair a lighthouse, part of our reparations you see".

xzgRW3x.jpg

Meanwhile...

1OgyINE.jpg

"And so I believe this will be sufficient enough to repay you for the...damage we have caused' asked Captain Fernsby.

"Indeed it does Mr. Fernsby", replied the Mokolei elder, "I also came across some information earlier this morning that may be of some interest to you, a Corlander diplomat has been sighted in the town recently, if this is the same diplomat that you mentioned before then perhaps you can finally continue with your journey".

"Thank you for bringing this to my attention, i was not yet aware of this. In light of this new information I think you needn't worry about us much longer."

koYkUFu.jpg?1

In a barn near Tazelft the ETTC representative was visiting the sick Sepoys.

"Bleeeerrgh!" One of the ETTC Sepoys was barfing into a barrel, while his brother in arms was sitting in the corner, fighting an unpleasant fever.

"Mr. Bardsley, you are a famous medical man. Could you not concoct a cure?" he said between barfs with a pleading gaze.

Brushing aside the question with smile Mr. Bardsley proclaime: "No no, most certainly you must be thinking of my brother of Royal Society repute, DOCTOR Bardsley." Shaking his head, he continued. "Last I heard of him, he was languishing away in some hospital in Belson with his books and corpses. He never was much of an adventurer... I am just a simple mercantile representative."

"Oh dear... Blerrgh" retching painfully, the sepoy added. "So you cannot help?!"

"I am sorry for your indisposition, young men. I am certain it is the local moonshine that has gotten the better of you." he said, adding: "But worry not, sirs. I have sent for scientists from the main expedition to find you a remedy."

24376253858_23d82bc33b_c.jpg

A few hours later, in a small house attached to the farm, a medical man of the expedition and his assistant was mixing local herbs, roots, and tinctures.

"So you are certain it is a form of cholera, sir"

"Most certainly - the symptoms leave me with no doubt. And this little mixture will, after a few minutes on the stove, set their bowels right within a few moments."

24376252158_569cdb0d33_c.jpg

The next day, a few locals was discussing the marvellous change in the strange foreigners.

"Most certainly, the Gods must shine their favour upon these foreigners. Only yesterday, I should have thought they would succumb to divine intervention, but it seems the higher powers is willing them forward."

"So it must be written. And most certainly, the large dark men are not of Halosian origin. I have no doubt they have Mokolei blood in them, which is certain to have granted them divine favour."

"Then let us please the Gods and wish the foreigners a swift, uneventful journey. It will relieve of us their company and be in accordance to what is written."

"Indeed! It is not our place to question what is written."

38215560542_92c14b071a_c.jpg

And so the expedition recovers from illness through the prowess of Corlander science (Or divine favour, if you are Olean...) :pir-blush: I am still excited to see where all this goes!

A few more pictures in the spoiler. I am quite happy with this build, particularly the rounded roof, but would be happy for any C&C as always.

Spoiler

38215561702_beff8ce3d2_c.jpg

38215562162_4ee5daf8ff_c.jpg

Nice work with these builds, folks!  Lord Bucket's lighthouse is really excellent (that colorscheme always works well, especially for that subject matter), and I really like the curved roof on Bregir's - and the fig posing, too :pir-grin:

The map is quite neat as well, and Ayrlego's build just nails the mid-Eastern vibe.  Very well done, all!

That map is awesome. I just now noticed that it also shows the expedition route - well done!

Some great builds here to advance the storyline, from Lord Buckethead's impressive amount of troops to Bregir's rather graphic scene :pir-laugh: to SilentWolf's map with a great combination of 2- and 3-D!