Sign in to follow this  
kahir88

Not the healthiest profession

The dead don't need those shining things. Neither the living, but he can buy food for himself, so he wouldn't starve to death.

37425057072_d45f7c573d_n.jpg37425054122_8be9350cf9_n.jpg37425064642_e6fedcff27_n.jpg

Or, they still need their shining things?

37425060702_3ae23f6027_n.jpg37425067882_c3ab5c8436_n.jpg

Edited by kahir88

O-o, I hope that poor guy survives!

Neat build, I really like the grave-stone :thumbup: Though the border is a bit rough (I'd recommend squaring out and putting something black around it, or so), the piles of equipment lying around are lovely (especially that hat on the spade!)

A fun little build! I like the way you did the gravestone, as well as the hole in the ground. The dirt pile is also a nice touch. It seems to me that there are too many different shades of green in too small of an area, though, as I see regular green, dark green, olive green, and sand green, and while each is nice, together in such a small area it ends up being too much. Even just cutting out the small amount of sand green would help things on that front. That being said, it is great to see another build from you here, and I look forward to more to come! The undead skeleton at the end is mighty foreboding!

Something that seems odd to me (and it is not limited to this build at all, this is more of a general musing inspired by this scene) is that in Historica, we operate without actual, real-world religions (i.e. no Christians, Muslims, Hindus, etc.) yet almost all churches and cemetery scenes feature crosses on steeples or on gravestones, something that is linked exclusively to the iconography of Christianity and really makes no sense outside of that context. It makes them immediately recognizable for what they are (coming from Western, heavily Christian-influenced culture, at least) yet it seems strange to me that we use them even in our fantasy world, rather than icons specific to religions and cults developed in the different regions of Historica, like eagle goddesses or elemental spirits. Anyways, just a musing inspired by your cross-shaped hole in the tombstone...

Edited by Henjin_Quilones

Nicely done! That is a neatly decorated vignette. I especially like all the little details, like the scattered equipment, the dirt pile, the hat atop the shovel(which is my favorite part:thumbup:), and the gravestone. I also like how the story has a poem or nursery rhyme feel to it, kind of like a children's story. 

Edited by Merc4Hire

Very effective storytelling with the facial expression change, and skeleton standing up :thumbup: The thrown around supplies are great details :classic:

Thanks guys!

I was thinking of the border, but it would be hard, cause the to many edges. The colors, it my first time trying use many colors, look like this time, it was too much.

I agree with Henjin, about the theory of the cross. It was easier to introduce the tombstone, wihout saying anything else.