maltik

[MOC] - LotR "Mines of Moria"

Hello everyone,

here is another of my favourite LotR scene "Mines of Moria".

Cheers!

36750402714_6bfb6dc9cc_c.jpg

36750684784_4f08678b81_z.jpg

36750685404_54cfeb4d53_z.jpg

36750686604_736c28ecdd_z.jpg

36750686334_d2ac55b758_z.jpg

36750685654_23b3031a8e.jpg

36750685204_ed660ecd51_c.jpg

36750684564_c060d9e9a3_z.jpg

Edited by maltik

Is it normal that no images show up? I can only see "Please upgrade your account to enable 3rd party hosting...". Maybe try to upload using Flickr or Bricklink?

You need to change your image host as you have to pay photobucket to show your images, or get a free web hosting account that allows you to direct link them.

Looks good! Very well built and staged - quite cinematic. I would make it look more derelict though, to make it look more - I almost said lived-in :wink: Maybe the pillars more crumbled and more damage and structure on the walls as well, with rocks piling on the floor. Things like that. Its just a bit too clean for my idea of Moria.

Very impressive! :thumbup: I especially like the texturing of the walls and the shape of the architectural features like the columns.

I don't like fleshies and would have yellowised the Fellowship, but appreciate that fleshies make the creation more like a UCS set or display piece at a LEGO store.

Nice build. It looks pretty movie accurate. Maybe do a few alternative poses - with Legolas on the cave troll, etc.

...and I saw this and that Weathertop on Aukro.cz :) Was it created by you or you just bought it?

Thanks for all the feedback!

On ‎03‎.‎10‎.‎2017 at 3:17 AM, Littleworlds said:

Looks good! Very well built and staged - quite cinematic. I would make it look more derelict though, to make it look more - I almost said lived-in :wink: Maybe the pillars more crumbled and more damage and structure on the walls as well, with rocks piling on the floor. Things like that. Its just a bit too clean for my idea of Moria.

I know what you mean. At first I made it with more bricks on the floor and around for "damage effect" but then it looked like "big mess".. I wanted to make minifigures and the battle itself centre of the model and with all that bricks around they were "lost" in mess (even though in the movie there was a big mess =)) )

9 hours ago, Hunter003 said:

Pretty sure i saw this on ebay a few months ago??

9 hours ago, Mr. Cube said:

...and I saw this and that Weathertop on Aukro.cz :) Was it created by you or you just bought it?

I created it and I was selling it, because I needed funds for my other lego projects. But then I decided to keep it. (Same as my other model "Attack on Weathertop")

6 hours ago, maltik said:

I know what you mean. At first I made it with more bricks on the floor and around for "damage effect" but then it looked like "big mess".. I wanted to make minifigures and the battle itself centre of the model and with all that bricks around they were "lost" in mess (even though in the movie there was a big mess =)) )

Ah, interesting to see we had the same thought process originally :classic: Its often very different how a thing turns out compared to how did you plan it indeed!

Nice build. :thumbup:

A fine MOC of a great action scene from the movie.

Tan and Dark Tan really works on the floor.

Thanks for sharing. :classic:

Looks very nice, but to much "clean" if you gonna me :) I would imagine that this specific scene requires some mess, dead bodies, or skeletons, dirt, more demaged walls etc...