Brians Bricks

LEGO Island 20th Anniversary - Full Island Built In Real Life!

xx3gEzO.jpg

Today is the 20th anniversary of LEGO's first video game, LEGO Island!

I've been built the Island in real life in honor of this anniversary as well as to honor Wes Jenkin's legacy, who sadly passed away last week. 

Here is an introduction video I did of the Island:

I also modeled all the buildings in Stud.io so that you can download and view them in 3D and easily export them into Bricklink wishlists if you want to build your own Island!

Here's a sampling of the Information Center. If that piques your interest, you can CLICK HERE to see the rest of the buildings!

To download the Stud.io files CLICK HERE!

hkf5mUo.jpg

HWA6OLV.jpg

This looks wonderful! I had just started putting together some old Lego Island Xtreme Stunts minifigures (and creating "updated" versions of other classic minifigures) around the time you posted it, not even knowing that it was the 20th anniversary. This is just splendid!

Yeah this brings back memories. Looking back on game footage now, its horrible, but it was pretty decent at the time. Great work recreating the island and all the memories in AFOL who played this as kids. 

I Love LEGO Island! Starting at 2:00 I have never seen those buildings!  I might try to make that Apartment building at 2:13 sometime and that house at 2:18!   ALL of this is extraordinary I must say!

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 4:28 AM, Brians Bricks said:

I've been built the Island in real life in honor of this anniversary as well as to honor Wes Jenkin's legacy, who sadly passed away last week. 

I forgot he died :cry_sad:.