Henjin_Quilones

The Chronicles of Hesperia, Vol. 1, Ch. 4: The Banishment of Galaria

The Chronicles of Hesperia

Volume 1: The Sky Man

Chapter 4: The Banishment of Galaria

The Previous Chapters:

Princess Galaria sat in the gardens of the palace of Istolia, awaiting her father. She knew he would be displeased by her actions, yet she could not, would not, apologize for doing what had been necessary to save not only Hesperia, her father's High Elven kingdom, but all of Historica. 

37403853142_4927a5b4a4_z.jpg

She had returned after travelling far and wide, having used information taken from her father's library to defeat the threat of the tyrannical Lord Raavage. She had been keeping company with humans, in particular the druid, Henjin Quilones, but also lords and ladies of many lands from all corners of Historica. This was behavior decidedly atypical for an elf of the blood, scandalous, even, and Galaria had been hesitant to return to her father's halls to receive what was certain to be a stern censure. 

She heard sounds from the hallway outside, and pricking up her keen elvish ears to listen, caught the full conversation between her brother, Fingalad, and her father, King Fingolë the Golden. 

37403858602_16d94c45c3_z.jpg

"Father," began Fingalad. "Surely you have heard that Galaria has returned from cavorting about with half-bloods and humans?"

"Yes, my son, I have. I was on my way to see her now, in fact. My ministers informed me that she is awaiting my presence in the gardens."

"And what are you going to say to her, Father?" Fingalad said, a note of anger in his voice.

37387444076_026cc4707f_z.jpg

"I will demand an accounting for her irregular and dishonorable behavior," replied the king with patience. 

37387446946_38b6880a5a_z.jpg

"No, Father, you must punish her for her disobedience to your commands."

"What command did she break, my son?"

"She stole from your library, she used the eagle riders without permission, she acted in your name without consulting you, and above all, Father, she violated your express prohibition against getting involved with the human affairs of the outside world."

"You speak wisely, my son, and yet..."

"Yet nothing, Father. She has disrespected and dishonored you, our family, our people, and our land. She has taken up with humans, in particular that pseudo-druid and charlatan, Henjin Quilones, becoming inseparable from his side. I have even heard that she has fallen in love with him, and would mingle our high blood with his baseborn mud. Surely you cannot tolerate such an affront and insult to our kingdom, Father?"

"I will speak to her, and shall keep my own counsel, yet you have given me much to think on, my son," said the king. "Now depart from us, and I will enter and speak to your sister alone."

"My daughter, what have you to say for yourself? Why do you bring yourself back here surrounded by such clouds of gossip and accusations of scandal?"

"Scandal, Father?" asked Galaria, as though she had not overheard her father and brother speaking in the corridor. 

37387448636_557ac295f9_z.jpg

"Will you agree to renounce the disgusting human Henjin Quilones, never to see him again, to remain here in the palace of Istolia for the next century or two, never going out into the woods like a lowly wood elf, to serve your sister Falaria as her handmaid?"

"Father, no!"

"Then will you dishonor me and your whole kindred?"

"No, Father, I helped to save our people, and all people of Historica, by stopping Raavage and bringing the High Ruler of Historica to the throne, joining as one with the many realms out there! I did nothing to dishonor our people or you!"

"You disobeyed my commands and in so doing have dishonored me and your kindred. To atone for this, I ask you again: will you agree to renounce the disgusting human, Henjin..."

"He is not disgusting, Father, and neither are most humans out there that I have met!" interrupted Galaria hotly. 

"So you do love him!" shouted the king accusingly. 

"I don...I...I...I said nothing like that, Father!" yelled Galaria, now angry past her ability to contain it. 

37403857062_f36e709f97_z.jpg

"But you do not deny it! You would mingle our pure blood with the corruption of humans!"

"Father, please..."

"No, Galaria, the time has come. Either accept the terms I have given you, or depart forever from this land, an exile from the Elves of Hesperia, banished until the end of time."

"Father, don't..."

"Choose."

"If I must choose, Father, then I shall leave, and maybe someday you shall repent of your foolishness and allow me to come back. Until then, farewell. I shall take a ship from the harbor and my companions, including the 'disgusting' humans, and not come back."

"You have chosen wrongly, Galaria, but you may have the ship. Do not count on my heart softening for you, however. Time only strengthens the resolve of a High Elf's oath."

"Goodbye, then, Father."

........................................................................................................

The latest installment of the Chronicles of Hesperia. Feel free to make any C&C, though, to be honest, the build came together in an hour or so, and is mostly just a filler build to move the story, so it does not do anything particularly nice or fancy. Better stuff is coming soon! Another chapter should be up later this week, since it has been built, photographed, and dismantled now for several months! It just needed this story to fill the gap first, and I have been concentrating on other builds. 

Edited by Henjin_Quilones

So, IMHO, this MOC has an up- and a downside. Quite litterally, because I really, really like the front side! The statues, the pattern on top of the gate,... are all super sweet :thumbup:

The opposite goes for the backside though: I'm no fan of the tan-black-sand green-combo, and the studs of the arch stand out a lot in the very polished scene...

Still, for an hour of work this is a decent result!

I think this build came out fairly well, especially since its two scenes in one and built within an hour! Both sides definitely have their own appeal but I'm also especially liking the garden side. Particularly for all its details like the statues, the spread about flowers, and the roman-esque archway. And not to mention the florescent green crystals (on both sides), which is also a very nice touch :thumbup: 

All in all, I think its an excellent entry and I'm looking forward to the next chapter. 

Edited by Merc4Hire

Nice build HQ... Those "shields" on top caught my eye... they are official stickers or something?

On 10/2/2017 at 3:54 AM, TitusV said:

So, IMHO, this MOC has an up- and a downside. Quite litterally, because I really, really like the front side! The statues, the pattern on top of the gate,... are all super sweet :thumbup:

The opposite goes for the backside though: I'm no fan of the tan-black-sand green-combo, and the studs of the arch stand out a lot in the very polished scene...

Still, for an hour of work this is a decent result!

Thanks, Titus! I agree about those studs showing above the arch, but I did not want to take the time figure out a solution, since the wings attach to clips mounted flush with the tops of the studs. The pictures do not show it very well, but it is actually dark brown, not black, and it is the same color scheme I used in this build, set in the same location. It is, like it or hate it, the de facto interior color scheme of the palace in the Hesperian city of Istolia. 

On 10/2/2017 at 5:02 PM, Merc4Hire said:

I think this build came out fairly well, especially since its two scenes in one and built within an hour! Both sides definitely have their own appeal but I'm also especially liking the garden side. Particularly for all its details like the statues, the spread about flowers, and the roman-esque archway. And not to mention the florescent green crystals (on both sides), which is also a very nice touch :thumbup: 

All in all, I think its an excellent entry and I'm looking forward to the next chapter. 

Thanks, Merc! The garden side was my favorite, too. 

On 10/3/2017 at 8:11 AM, Gunman said:

Nice build HQ... Those "shields" on top caught my eye... they are official stickers or something?

Thanks, Gunman! The dark green rounds have official stickers from this Elves set, where they were used as cushions. I happened to like the way they looked and thus they became the official insignia of Hesperia. 

Once again you capture the elvish architechture perfectly, I love the details such as the statues you include to break up the wall. I also love the flowers, lavender works so well with olive green:thumbup:

Another very pretty Elven setting :thumbup: The alcoves and stoned details on the outer section of wall are lovely :wub: I also like your use of crystals and gems for lamps, and the SNOT base below the build :classic:

On 10/7/2017 at 3:20 PM, The Maestro said:

Once again you capture the elvish architechture perfectly, I love the details such as the statues you include to break up the wall. I also love the flowers, lavender works so well with olive green:thumbup:

Thanks, TM! High praise, indeed. I just love the lavender flowers in general; they go well with olive, dark, and sand greens. 

On 10/15/2017 at 8:19 AM, soccerkid6 said:

Another very pretty Elven setting :thumbup: The alcoves and stoned details on the outer section of wall are lovely :wub: I also like your use of crystals and gems for lamps, and the SNOT base below the build :classic:

Thank you, SK! Glad you like the alcoves; I wanted something that said "fancy garden" without taking up much of a footprint. The use of crystals and gems is something that I think elves would do, so I use them fairly extensively in my elvish builds, but I am glad you think they work.