Sign in to follow this  
goatman461

[SoNE Ep. XVI] [Cat. A] Royal Guard TIE/In Interceptor v3

Councilman 1 - "Guardsman An, I do believe we've found a suitable home for you. You won't remember this, but it has been a while since you've flown as part of a unit, but we believe you will be quite comfortable here."

Goatm An 4-61 - "Yes, councilman."

37419896451_f49cc0e916_c.jpg

Royal Guard TIE Interceptor by Ryan McBryde, on Flickr

Councilman 1 - "The starfighter is not entirely custom, but unique to you're new billet. Dedicated personal hangar and crew. Prestige. Purpose. With all of your running around I assume you missed those the most."

37388991922_94ebf19fe5_b.jpg

Goatm An 4-61 - "Councilman, if I may, I am honored to fly such a fine craft in service of our Emperor."

Councilman 1 - "Yes, An. They've even interfaced your targeting computer with your ocular interface. 

37372736806_36732eee4f_b.jpg

"Full atmospherics and hyperdrive are also available if you find the need to pursue the fight past the initial engagement. Your panels are also tighter than other models to give you more speed and maneuverability to nearly match the A-Wings we are expecting. But your squadron commander is most anxious to see what you can do against the modified freighters and various rabble brought forth by the rebels. The Executor is standing by to upload schematics of the rebel fleet as soon as it comes available. Your cybernetics will allow you to process this information immediately, giving you quite an interesting advantage. Only our Death Troopers can act on field intelligence so quickly."

37419921571_8db34e9131_b.jpg

"But of course you know this. I'll have to get use to talking to half a droid."

Goatm An 4-61 - "You wisdom is always appreciated, Councilman. I am receiving orders to man my post. The fleet is expected soon. May we discuss this after the battle?"

Councilman 1 - "Guardsman, I eagerly await your ARR. Contact my office as soon as you land."

37372718306_be4f805cdc_b.jpg

Spoiler

37162680910_0307cfce1c_c.jpg

Awesome - this turned out really well.  It feels like an upgraded/slightly evolved interceptor, which is cool, and I really like the loading ramp in the back.  

Great to see my SHIP in the background! I like your landing platform a lot, though I think the "view-screen" could have benefited from some more photoshopping.

Your interceptor is, of course, the star of the show! I love the red highlights and your design.

Most excellent interceptor indeed! Really liking the cockpit design and how you included a loading ramp and the red streaks bring out that Royal Guard look well. 

I love how the hangar floor alone is pretty much a work of art. The TIE is pretty fantastic of course and I like the color scheme. For my personal taste, I do not dig the sharply angled panels too much, design-wise, but it makes sense in the context of the plot. Great stuff!

Cool design and concept. I too love the boarding ramp, especially in light of the hangar, very reminiscent of the shuttle scene. Are TIE Interceptors able to land on their wings? I know regular TIEs supposedly can't...

@Kodan Black Oh can't they...

latest?cb=20140725105606 latest?cb=20150304121839 4a68ab391e00556c17ea840c1b3ad92f.png 

I actually did give it landing gear; you can see it in the last shot. I would have just left it on it's wings if it could take the weight, but not with those angles.

@MKJoshA Busted, I did get lazy with editing in the end. I thought about reshooting because I made the mistake of shooting against white, but already broke the hangar door down for a mosaic.

Thanks for all the comments and for enjoying the Episode

Seeing those pics does remind me of seeing that in Rebels, but I know I didn't just make that fact up on my own:

" TIE/lns also lacked landing gear, another mass-reducing measure. While the ships were structurally capable of "sitting" on their wings, they were not designed to land or disembark their pilots without special support. On Imperial ships, TIEs were launched from racks in the hangar bays. " -- http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/TIE/LN_starfighter

I guess they can though from the description it sounds like it was less common than Rebels portrays.