koalayummies

[MOD] Old Fishing Store into Modular

Gorgeous! I honestly thought when reading the title... Oh, no... What a tremendously terrible idea! Not at all! Seems to fit right in as San Francisco terraced house. Also, wounderful MOD on your GB Firehouse!

Somehow the original spirit is gone... this doesnt fit as a modular to the modular street ...interesting idea but dont like it...

36 minutes ago, paupadros said:

Gorgeous! I honestly thought when reading the title... Oh, no... What a tremendously terrible idea! Not at all! Seems to fit right in as San Francisco terraced house. Also, wounderful MOD on your GB Firehouse!

Thanks Paupadros! That means a lot coming from one of Eurobricks Town's more skilled MOCers and Modular designers! Thanks. 

36 minutes ago, Blazej_Holen said:

Somehow the original spirit is gone... this doesnt fit as a modular to the modular street ...interesting idea but dont like it...

Perhaps I should have made it a hobbit building or something. 

"Some believe it is only great power that can hold evil in check, but that is not what I have found. It is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love.":pir-murder:

Nice effort. I'm surprised how soon you made this one up!

I think it would look better between the other modulars without the tower.

Nevertheless I prefer the looks and athmosphere of the original set. I'm going to start building mine right away! I've been looking forward to it so hard and so long!

Great conversion!

Doesn't work for me with the official modulars due to the wildly conflicting styles, but I can easily see it in a row of similar buildings. I'm picturing a small fishing village at the edge of the water, not much space to build on due to mountain cliffs behind...

Nice work!

I imagine you had great trouble splitting the roof to accomodate the tower in the first place, but maybe the one thing that draws from it is the fact that the tower is not straight in the front. Maybe you could try to move it further front, but I imagine that is very complex...

@koalayummies Sorry for the necro, I just wanted to say how much I adore your alternative build of the Old Fishing Shop! :classic:

It looks really nice and I'm planning now to acquire this set myself to try to do the same!
It will finally help to compensate the akward gap of 16 studs that Assembly Square created... :laugh:

Just a quick question, did you use much extra parts in this moc, besides the 16x32 baseplate?

Just now, Doge said:

@koalayummies Sorry for the necro, I just wanted to say how much I adore your alternative build of the Old Fishing Shop! :classic:

It looks really nice and I'm planning now to acquire this set myself to try to do the same!
It will finally help to compensate the akward gap of 16 studs that Assembly Square created... :laugh:

Just a quick question, did you use much extra parts in this moc, besides the 16x32 baseplate?

Hey Doge, thanks. Regarding extra parts used: yes, but they were mostly 1x4/6/8 bricks for the walls. If you build it like this one you will have a lot of SNOT bricks and a bunch of sand green tiles leftover from the Fishing Store parts though but good for something else.

I also started on a 32-wide version but it was using up too many parts so I went with the 16-wide you see here. But here it is in case you want more inspiration:

37374378761_c2fbc8df3e_c.jpg

37374378841_a0181c46a7_c.jpg

37374378771_af0270f11e_c.jpg

@koalayummies It's great to know what I'll be needing, both sound like an interesting build. Maybe I'll even give the 32 studs a shot! Thanks for your fast reply!

To be honest I think it 'fits' in the street between the other buildings.
However, the building itself looks great. the Colors, the 'wood' tiles and the interior. It has a old, rustic kind of look. I think it looks better as a stand alone building near the beach, with some old boats and stuff.
But that's my idea/opinion. Like I said, great build, cool colors/details

I missed this the first time you posted it on eurobricks, but I like this build a lot. I'm no modular fan, but in a way, this is a nicer build than the original lego set.

Honestly if you added another floor to the roof was above the other roof lines this would look like a run down City Hall.  I like it but at the same I feel it could be improved.   I like the way you "expanded" the shop into two floors. Perhaps adding a third and making it a studio apartment for the owner

As much as this house doesn't fit between the all-new town houses, it's really adorable standing on it's own (or among same worn-done style houses somewhere near the bay).

Also, the interior is so well packed, it makes me wanna go buy some bait and grab a fishing rod to try my luck! :laugh: