Hello everyone.

If some of you remember i have presented the first version of the AC cobra 427 to share the concept and gather feedback.
It is now modified and on LEGO Ideas.

37363025006_6ded964f9f_c.jpg

The car scale is 1:14, measuring 33 studs long and 13 studs wide (15 on wheelbase).
The features are as follows:
- has working steering via an adjustable steering wheel.
- mini working v8 through a differential.
- independant front and rear suspension
- openable hood via a lever on the dashboard
- openable doors and trunk
- very sturdy and solid build

37410788301_beec409918_c.jpg

37153280270_0de433c944_c.jpg

37363023426_0c47cae41a_c.jpg

37379664772_e0d09ca8b8_c.jpg

37363024166_2fb9d2984b_c.jpg

This can be the first Idea set that has lots of Technic features.
If you like my idea, please support.

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/cf0541fd-a421-45e1-ba80-cfa9b97c07e8

Edited by shimon

Oh My God! I love it!:wub:

I'm not really sure if it should be here, or in the scale modeling forum.

Either way, it's beautiful!

First of all, i will support your car on lego ideas. I have to say nice little car. And i have to agree with @letsbuild it is better of in the scale modeling forum. Personally i would add some chrome on it. That being sayd, i still think you did a great job..

Thanks for the comments guys!

I didnt know scale modeling forum exsist, anyway this can be closed as ive made a new post there

Wow... I don't have much to say- it's just so good!  The few places you used the flextube work really well and add a lot to the overall design/fee.  Only thing I don't know about are those rubber bands on the underside.  Seems like that might be too vulnerable during play for an official set, but that's my only nitpick.  Supported!  :classic:

I have merged two of your Cobra topics into one, to keep the comments and traffic :thumbup:

Link is also visible for some time in Technic forum.

On 30/09/2017 at 9:32 PM, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

Wow! This is simply stunning. You earned my support.

Thanks!

On 30/09/2017 at 9:40 PM, deraven said:

Wow... I don't have much to say- it's just so good!  The few places you used the flextube work really well and add a lot to the overall design/fee.  Only thing I don't know about are those rubber bands on the underside.  Seems like that might be too vulnerable during play for an official set, but that's my only nitpick.  Supported!  :classic:

Thanks!

The rear susppension uses shock absorbers, the blue rubber band is for more stability only.

The front suspension rubber bands work well, and are not going through too much stress, i might try to find a front shock absorber solution,

On 30/09/2017 at 10:03 PM, Milan said:

I have merged two of your Cobra topics into one, to keep the comments and traffic :thumbup:

Link is also visible for some time in Technic forum.

Thank you very much! :)

On 01/10/2017 at 2:41 AM, Leonardo da Bricki said:

Beautiful Cobra! :wub: The shaping is excellent, combined with the Technic interior functions, it makes for an awesome car! :thumbup:

Thanks!

On 02/10/2017 at 12:44 AM, TechnicRCRacer said:

Definitely supporting!

Thanks!

Edited by shimon

I love it. The shape is fantastic and that thing of an engine. That's a great idea! I would love to see you do something with those wheels. They don't really strike me, it's like they don't belong to this car. I would've done something to make them look more sporty or something. Besides that a truly great looking model!

This is incredible. It is totally the kind of built I appreciate the most. No compromises in the appearance, but full set of features on the inside. Congratulations on the great job. That should have been quite a challenge. Would you mind sharing, what was the most tricky thing to pull out? Also, I would appreciate if you can share some details of the steering assembly. Thanks!