Sign in to follow this  
Kolonialbeamter

[OL - FB] The 74-gun Ship-of-the-Line 'le Monarque'

Hi mateys,

last day to put the ship back into SHIPtember, so here goes:

The 74-gun Ship-of-the-Line le Monarque

23559383138_271e18c601_c.jpg

Remind me again, Lieutenant Colonel, why did we have to sail to Eltina first?

The timber convoy, Commodore, personal request by Seigneur Roseabeau. You know what they say about Eltinians...

Yes, Eltinians... At least they did pick up the pace when we fired our chasers. Good times... Still, who does this Seigneur think he is.

He's a royal Knight of the Realm after all, Sir.

Isn't everyone these days?! Well, never mind. He better has some major progress to report tomorrow! Lieutenant Berneus, how far out from Breshaun?

We'll make port within the hour, Sir.

Excellent. Just in time to experience the city's famed nightlife...

36741110033_7f54291c48_c.jpg

37411718401_0502acfe45_c.jpg

23559372908_07d1176372_c.jpg

36702164034_8ddd96e63e_c.jpg

37380711782_4d57caec6d_c.jpg

36702146914_acd27cd90f_c.jpg

And one for size comparison:

37411740861_60f22bc593_c.jpg

About:

Well, this ship is loooong overdue for presentation, as it's been sitting on my digital shelf for quite a while now – some of you might even remember the origins.

What's to say about le Monarque... maybe some numbers first: hull length is 111 studs, width 30 studs, number of bricks 9200+... and it should all be buildable.

If I remember correctly, I started building this ship with some pictures of a French téméraire class ship-of-the-line for inspiration, but le Monarque is certainly not a historically accurate model. Still, could be worse :grin:

Thanks for watching,

C&C as always welcome!

Vive le Roi!

Now THAT'S a ship I would like to sail with! For starters, it's HUGE! Téméraire Class ships are always inspirational btw. But what is happening to the Eltinians? You are tempting me to make a moc portraying them as lazy little rascals! :tongue:

P.S: Easily the best SHIPtember ship!!!

Another epic ship SHIP, KB - you really make those hull curves look easy, though I know how tough they really are!  Definitely not something I'd want to run into in a battle (especially not with that tiny Class 2 :laugh:); we could use some more of these monsters over in the right faction... :pir_tong2:  When were you going to come over and join Eslandola, again? :pir-grin: :pir-laugh:

Another epicly massive KB ship! :pir-grin:  The subtle slope of the sides towards the back is great, and there's so much detail!  Your sails and rigging is amazing as always!

A real beauty. It's perfect in every aspect, no words, simply no words.

You've outdone yourself on this one KB. It's absolutely marvelous! :wub:

But I want to hear more about the nightlife on Breshaun ...  :wink:

The level of detail on the deck is amazing. Fantastic work once more, and great to see those stunning LDD ships again. WOW!

11 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

nightlife on Breshaun

This is the politically correct side of our nightlife :tongue: Of course you are invited in Breshaun to get acquainted with the rest of it :wink: