Hi All,

After 2 years of non-castle building I've finally had time and inspiration to do a small castle build - Woodsford Hold. For this build I've decided to go classic with the stronghold belonging to a crusader knight's lord, some forestmen passing through (and one up to mischief) and some devious black falcon knights observing from the trees.

I've also included some internal lighting so that the stained glass windows show up properly.

Feedback welcome.

Thanks,

23553851578_48a5682733_c.jpg

37148914050_4399c7b072_c.jpg

36697009564_95d7bfb7ce_c.jpg

36697014854_43283da56b_c.jpg

37375353772_7704d4109a_c.jpg

36697079094_a81fb5f216_c.jpg

More photos in my flickr album https://www.flickr.com/photos/brickknight/albums/72157687277962034

Edited by frumpy

Awesome build! I love the house section of the castle the best! Also, the road and bridge with the small river running underneath looks great.

Lovely vibrant medieval build! The fortress detailing is excellent, particularly the stained glass windows and use of panels for corbels :thumbup:Plenty of engaging minifigure action to admire too :classic:

Strong MOC!

The keep itself is fantastic, but the little vignettes & details you packed in are really what makes this shine for me.

On 30/09/2017 at 9:52 PM, LegoMonorailFan said:

Awesome build! I love the house section of the castle the best! Also, the road and bridge with the small river running underneath looks great.

Thanks. I enjoyed doing the house section as part of the build as something different.

19 hours ago, soccerkid6 said:

Lovely vibrant medieval build! The fortress detailing is excellent, particularly the stained glass windows and use of panels for corbels :thumbup:Plenty of engaging minifigure action to admire too :classic:

Thank you. I enjoyed doing the stained glass windows - even when it took a few attempts to get the cheese slopes to stay in.

12 hours ago, Vorkosigan said:

Beautiful neo-classic castle build! Great that you worked in several factions. I like the stained glass details. 

Going classic was lots of fun. Had to have a red roof for the classic feel.

11 hours ago, mrcp6d said:

Strong MOC!

The keep itself is fantastic, but the little vignettes & details you packed in are really what makes this shine for me.

Thank you. I enjoyed making a story from the figs.

So this is a "small" build to you... :laugh: Awesome job mate! I love the colors. It feels so classic i think! Lovely MOC!