DB 200 116

Hi everyone, as promised in my last topic in July, I present the second step in my German project ... this time is a diesel locomotive, a model that is an icon in the history of trains, the DB 200

db200-001.jpg

db200-002.jpg

The robot is completing the latest preparations to make this locomotive operational :wink:

db200-005.jpg

db200-006.jpg

Credits go to many guys who have already built this model :classic:

db200-003.jpg

db200-004.jpg

As usual I put the lights, with the switch command under the main body along with the IR receiver  :thumbup:

db200-007.jpg

db200-008.jpg

db200-009.jpg

Now the last pictures of the show! :laugh:

db200-010.jpg

db200-011.jpg

db200-012.jpg

db200-014.jpg

db200-015.jpg

db200-016.jpg

See you next time with my last German steam model to complete the projet just in time for OcTRAINber! :sweet:

Edited by LEGO Train 12 Volts

beautiful model of a beautiful locmotive!

The round front was for sure difficult to design, but you made it instantly recognizable! :thumbup:

11 hours ago, Brickwolf said:

The round front was for sure difficult to design, but you made it instantly recognizable! :thumbup:

Thanks for your kind words ...the hardest part has been to put the lights in that front ...but never is a real problem with a drill! :laugh:

Wonderful ! One of my favorite engines. The shape of the front looks difficult to build with LEGO - your design is great.

Great job. Adaptation of the complex form of the original locomotive was carried out by you impeccably, in the style of lego construction of railway equipment. And it's not a drill at all, but a great ability to model.

Edited by Nemo57

4 minutes ago, Nemo57 said:

Adaptation of the complex form of the original locomotive was carried out by you impeccably. And it's not a drill at all, but a great ability to model.

Thank you Nemo57 for your much appreciated compliments! :thumbup:

Seems I can only confirm what others already wrote – a very clean and well thought out model! :thumbup:

It really puzzles me how you built that grey side vents. I wonder if you would mind to tell your secrets? :wink:

As with some others of your MOCs, I have a special relationship to this locomotive, as it was stationed in my home town Oberhausen during its museum career (until last year, when the museum society – the same that operated 41 360 – went bankrupt. Don’t know where the two engines are now.). So I couldn’t help noticing that it’s lettered with „Yverdon“… The correct lettering can be seen here:
http://static.panoramio.com/photos/original/9585309.jpg
Sorry for nitpicking… :wink:

Good luck with your steamer in OcTRAINber!
(And I hope that little word „last“ sneaked in there erroneously…)

2 hours ago, Tenderlok said:

I can only confirm what others already wrote – a very clean and well thought out model! :thumbup:

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/original/9585309.jpg

Thanks my friend and thanks also for the beautiful picture of this locomtive (I envy you)! :wink:

About the side vents here the solution of the puzzle:

side_vent.jpg

Thanks also for having wished me good luck about the contest ...and about the last German steam locomotive I mean say "the last for this month!" :grin:

Edited by LEGO Train 12 Volts

1 hour ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Thanks my friend and thanks also for the beautiful picture of this locomtive (I envy you)! :wink:

To be honest, it's not me who took this photo... I just googled it. :grin:
Here's one I took myself, but unfortunately, in full resolution it's a bit blurry at the front:

800x533.jpg

About the side vents here the solution of the puzzle
[...]

Very clever! :thumbup:
Thanks for sharing - I'll have to remember this solution, I think...

...and about the last German steam locomotive I mean say "the last for this month!" :grin:

Phew!!! :wink:

Edited by Tenderlok

Emanuele ... breathtaking.

The V200 was, is, and will always be my favorite German Diesel engine. There is nothing that comes close. The colors, the shape ... 

... and your LEGO rendition. Perfect. Beautiful.

I need one ... seriously thought I have enough engines ... but no. With this one I will but not without.

You are a true master builder!

All the best,
Thorsten

1 hour ago, Toastie said:

Emanuele ... breathtaking.

The V200 was, is, and will always be my favorite German Diesel engine. There is nothing that comes close. The colors, the shape ...

You are a true master builder!

All the best,
Thorsten

Thorsten, what can I say? Your words leave me speechless... :blush:

...but one thing I can say ... there will be always place for German locomotives in my collection!

Emanuele

Really nice locomotive.

And if you're into running a danish Lego train layout, you could also use this locomotive (if you change the decals to 220). In 1980 DSB rented some BR 220's from DB. The ones running in Denmark was always run two-and-two - something about not being powerfull or reliable enough. I can't remember which.

14 hours ago, Man with a hat said:

Wonderful creation again. The front is very cleverly done.

Thanks my old friend ...you're always present with kind words! :thumbup:

8 hours ago, brickostan said:

And if you're into running a danish Lego train layout, you could also use this locomotive (if you change the decals to 220). In 1980 DSB rented some BR 220's from DB.

Thanks fot the info ...I'm also planning to have a locomotive with the DSB logo in my collection! :wink:

That is very impressive how you got all of those curves working so well using a purist solution (excluding a few holes for the electronics of course) at such a small size. Yet another fantastic build, I don't know how you keep up the pace.

19 hours ago, zephyr1934 said:

That is very impressive how you got all of those curves working so well using a purist solution (excluding a few holes for the electronics of course) at such a small size. Yet another fantastic build, I don't know how you keep up the pace.

Thanks Zephyr1934 for your kind words :blush:

I've still in program many locomotives ...the problem is when I see a train I fall in love! :grin:

you did an amazing job! I love how you put the IR receiver upside down! What is the switch on the bottom exactly? Is it an alternative to the battery box button?

Also, i feel you should use some white striping tape to finish the white line on the front.

21 hours ago, Goldenmasamune said:

you did an amazing job!

Thank you very much Goldenmasamune, the switch is an ON-OFF-ON interruptor to power the motor in the first ON position, and to power the motor and the lights in the second ON position. The switch allows me to use a non-lego battery box (cheaper) and especially not having to open the locomotive to reach the switch on the battery pack :classic:

About the white stripes I'm not so skilful to do a good job ...in any case it would be great have some professional white stickers :thumbup:

I’m sure you get this question all the time: The receiver on the bottom, do you then just run it at one speed or does it still receive the signal well?