CopMike

Share all your member’s ideas for a “gift with purchase”-set

I like the minifig sets that complement bigger sets, e.g. winter scenes, the flower cart and the fountain.

What I would like to see more of is animal moulds included in the sets, e.g. a reindeer for x-mas and a turkey for thanksgiving:wub:

No matter how well build an brick animal is, in minifigscale animal moulds will always look better..

On 10/3/2017 at 11:20 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

Iconic Castle, which would come with recolored variants of the S13 King and the S15 Queen in a castle shaped box.

While I wouldn't mind recolored King and Queen minifigures, I'd much prefer to see, for example, a recolored Frightening Knight and a recolored Heroic Knight.

Here are a few other ideas I have:

1. A miniature model of an American, 1930's streamlined steam locomotive, such as the iconic New York Central Hudson. For a great MOC example of a miniaturized take on one, check out this great little model by Flickr user Galaktek!
  2. A Steampunk airship/zeppelin would be awesome. :blush:
  3. How about a Dieselpunk/Decopunk styled flying machine, inspired by work of Flickr user Vince_Toulouse? Three particular creations of his that could serve as the inspiration basis would be his Machine n°1Machine n°3, and HD-Racer.
8 hours ago, x105Black said:

While I wouldn't mind recolored King and Queen minifigures, I'd much prefer to see, for example, a recolored Frightening Knight and a recolored Heroic Knight.

That could be a great pairing also! :thumbup:

Specifically, what sort of recolorings would you like to see for those two? How about a Pearl Gold recolor of the S9 Heroic Knight, and a recolor of the Frightening Knight from Earth Green to Earth Blue? 

Just now, Digger of Bricks said:

Here are a few other ideas I have:

1. A miniature model of an American, 1930's streamlined steam locomotive, such as the iconic New York Central Hudson. For a great MOC example of a miniaturized take on one, check out this great little model by Flickr user Galaktek!
  2. A Steampunk airship/zeppelin would be awesome. :blush:
  3. How about a Dieselpunk/Decopunk styled flying machine, inspired by work of Flickr user Vince_Toulouse? Three particular creations of his that could serve as the inspiration basis would be his Machine n°1Machine n°3, and HD-Racer.

That could be a great pairing also! :thumbup:

Specifically, what sort of recolorings would you like to see for those two? How about a Pearl Gold recolor of the S9 Heroic Knight, and a recolor of the Frightening Knight from Earth Green to Earth Blue? 

That would be cool, or a new color Jester?

13 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Those could work nicely.  There are a lot of ways they could go with this.

13 hours ago, LegoRacer1 said:

That would be cool, or a new color Jester?

That's not a bad idea, either.

What about some small packs of little animals

Farm (present or past)- includes a pig ,a chicken, a goat and a rabbit
Goats-includes 3 goats
Pets- Includes a cat , 2 dogs (a westie and a bulldog) and a rabbit.
Underwater animlas- includes a lobster, 3 fish, a clam, a crab and an octopus (includes more as less are printed)
Jungle- includes a cobra, 2 of the new spiders, a scorpion and 2 snakes.
Star wars-Includes two Porgs and a taun taun.

On 04/10/2017 at 4:20 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

Though I find the packaging concept somewhat unusual, it would be cool to see more of those "Iconic" boxed CMF promotional sets done, especially after seeing this year's 5004936 Iconic Cave come with recolored variants of the S1 Caveman and the S5 Cave Woman.

I'm gonna copy this I have suggested some more ideas for 'Iconic' packs below
-Iconic Monsters with dark nougat fur , blue shirt, tan trousers werewolf (s3)and a grey skinned, dark red clothes vampire.
-Iconic Romans with a purple robed emperor and gunmetal and dark red roman solider.
-Iconic warriors with a silver and dark blue spartan and a black, dark brown and olive Hun.
-Iconic gods with a blue tail silver crown grey hair ocean king and an olive and copper battle goddess.
-Iconic elves where the elf lady and the elf man swap palettes.
-Iconic Myths with an orange and dark orange Medusa and a black fur dark red kilt Minotaur
-Iconic Knaves- Copper and dark brown and nougat frightening knight and a dark grey with black detailing evil knight.
-Iconic Rescue- heroic knight in white armour and the princess in a bright green dress with orange hair.
-iconic Genies , yellow skin for male genie with dark red clothes, orange skin for female genie with dark orange clothes and red hair
-ionic adventurer, olive,black and dark green dino-tracker and the monocle explorer in tan hat and dark tan clothes.
-Iconic doctors- lavender vet and sand green surgeon z
-Iconic brigands highwayman and outlaw
-Iconic vikings with both male and female vikings
-iconic legends- purple skin, black clothes goblin and warrior woman in copper and dark tan with grey hair

Edited by Agent Kallus
spelling errors galore.

How about a monthly line of GWP sets based upon the six miniature locomotives featured in last years TLG employee gift 4002016 50 Years on Track? Those were some amazing builds I'm sure many train fans would love to have! :sweet:

4002016-1.jpg?201612150736

By the way @Agent Kallus, you've really compiled a great list of suggestions for historically themed "Icon" gift sets, I really like the Adventurers suggestion! :thumbup:

We've had a few miniature Batmobile polybag promotional sets over the years, some original designs, some based upon specific source material. I would like to see more promotional sets based upon various iconic cinematic and/or TV and/or classic comic Batmobiles. Particularly, the 1989 Burton Batmobile, the 1966 TV show Batmobile, and Animated Series Batmobile would be fun to see. :classic:

A lot of cool suggestions that are going to be a nightmare to boil down to the top 5 on demand. I´ll give it a try.

There are a lot of different ideas, but Classic Castle, Space, and Pirates seem to come up often (even outside of this thread).

Not sure if you are still taking suggestions, but since they made a Atom and Arrow from the CW shows maybe a Flash?

January will certainly be giving us one amazing gift-with-purchase set! I mean, what more could you ask for?

I wonder if it was developed before this survey, or right after the fact based upon all the input from fans.

Edited by Digger of Bricks

It's a nifty set, but I'm not really into micro-scale.  I'd have preferred a minifigure scale set, even if it was just a small part of the yellow Castle with 1 minifigure.

On 10/31/2017 at 5:53 AM, CopMike said:

A lot of cool suggestions that are going to be a nightmare to boil down to the top 5 on demand. I´ll give it a try.

By the way, do you (or anyone else for that matter) know what products/sets may have came of this inquiry? :shrug_confused:

I kind of like the minifigures. I don't mind the recolors of the CMF figures as long as they make sense. Here are some things that make sense:

S1 Spaceman on a Red figure

S3 Spaceman/Blacktron guy with less robotic parts. Maybe a female.

S3 Samurai on a grey figure with black armor

S4 Hockey player that has a uniform that looks more hockey like (i.e. Black shorts with a white jersey that has stripes, and a clear visor as opposed to the football one)

S4 Viking swapping the browns and dark tans

S5 Boxer in a different color besides red, green perhaps

S6 Intergalatic girl in any color but pink

S6 Leprechaun in regular green

S6 Doctor in sand green scrubs. Maybe switch the gender.

S6 Pajama guy with Lego theme jammies

S7 Evil Knight with a dragon shield pattern, fright knight head

S7 Galaxy Patrol in red / black M-Tron pattern

S8 Conquistador in gold and dark blue.

S9 Battle Mech in any other color

S10 Mr Gold with slightly different facial expression.

--- I could keep going, any one of these would be really cool and I'd make a special purchase for.

I think TLG has done a good job coming up with ideas for gift with purchase.  Just wish they wouldn't run out of stock so quickly.  Very disappointing when you hold off buying a set to get this years Christmas Tree and its sold out almost in a day......really leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

Having gift with purchase only if you buy a certain theme is also bit disappointing.  This years star was gift with purchase only available if you buy a large enough star wars set.....  Should be if you purchase any theme.  Maybe someone who didn't collect star wars who got a gift with purchase set might like the theme and start collecting.  

Few people complain when getting mini figures as gift with purchase.