CopMike

Share all your member’s ideas for a “gift with purchase”-set

From Signe Lønholdt, Experience Manager LAN & LEGO Rebrick:

We are excited to share a special opportunity for you and the community members of registered communities. We would like to invite all LAN Ambassadors to collect ideas from their members and share their best ideas for a “gift with purchase”-set*. All ideas are welcome and below are some examples of ideas for a set which you might find helpful to get it started, as you can see there is room for many more good ideas. 
-    Futuristic Spaceship
-    Pre-historic animals 
-    Modular building, corner restaurant 
-    Flower(s)
-    Steam train (from 1923)
-    Underwater creatures

Involve your members and share one collective list of ideas in a prioritized way, listing the most popular idea at the top of the list. You are welcome to share a picture to help explain some of your idea(s), making it easier for us to interpret the idea in the correct way. 

Before you start please check out the entry guidelines and how to enter in the RULES.

Rules

• Ideas consisting of or containing copies of any existing third party work or creation or infringements of any third party intellectual property right will not be eligible for this activity
  1. However, ideas to themes within the current LEGO portfolio are welcome: LEGO Star Wars, LEGO DC Comics™ Super Heroes including original characters and LEGO created IPs, such as LEGO Friends, LEGO NEXO Knights, and LEGO Elves, are allowed.
  2. Ideas consisting of or containing trademarked terms, or names that otherwise constitute infringements of any third party intellectual property right will not be eligible for this activity.
  3. Ideas should be compatible with the current LEGO system of play. This means that all ideas have to be possible to execute with the current portfolio of bricks & LEGO Minifigures.  

• Please remember to consider the LEGO brand values. This means no:
  1. Politics and political symbols, campaigns, or movements
  2. Religious references including symbols, buildings, or people
  3. Sex, nudity, drugs, alcohol or smoking
  4. Swearing or profanity
  5. Death, killing, blood, terrorism, horror, or torture
  6. First-person shooter video games
  7. Warfare or war vehicles in any modern or present-day situation, or national war memorials
  8. Large or human-scale weapons or weapon replicas of any kind, including swords, knives, guns, sci-fi or fantasy blasters, etc.
  9. Racism, bullying, or cruelty to real life animals

• Ideas containing defamatory or degrading elements will not be eligible for this activity. 

How to Enter:
Submit one collective list of your communities’ top 5 most wanted GWP themes. Make sure that the list is ranked, so the most desired theme is number 1 and so forth. Post your list by commenting on this topic and you’re welcome to inspire your own community with the themes suggested by other fan communities. Only one list per community is permitted.

Entry Deadline
Please submit your community’s prioritized list of ideas no later than November 1st 2017 at 10:00AM CET.
If you’re not sure what time zone you’re in here’s a time zone converter.

*A “gift with purchase”-set is as the name indicates a set which is given to people who purchase a specific LEGO offer.

Q&A:
Can Reg. Fan Media and Online Communities publish this initiative?
We want to developed a GWP which is popular in the adult fan community. So, we want involve as many adults as possible. The only trick is for these communities to collect it in a meaningful way: on a top 5 prioritised list.

Are there any limits to how big the set could be? Ex. “large model of the London Bridge”
The ideas should not be size specific it London bridge can also be built in a smaller model. Focus should be on idea, not final model.

Where can we learn more about GWP sets?
To see a few of the past GWP sets, please visit LEGO.com or even better: community created resources like Brickset.com.

So start putting your ideas here, and please write them simple enough for me to be able to make a prioritized list to send in :wink:!

A modular LEGO store, that's something I really look forward to!

But I don't really get how big the set may be. I would be very surprised to see a modular set as a “gift with purchase”-set, like mentioned in the examples.

I first saw this contest initially hosted on Allen Tran's The Brick Fan posted two days ago. Thinking it was exclusively hosted there, I proceeded to share the article in a topic I started on this subfourm. Just yesterday though, I saw the same contest ended up being hosted on Brickset also, so I suspected it would eventually be hosted here too. 

So although I've shared my ideas on The Brick Fan's post, perhaps it wouldn't hurt to share them here also. :classic:

1.  I personally would love to see a Sky-fi fighter plane done, inspired after the work of JonHall18 and Fredoichi from Flickr. While JonHall18 builds primarily in minifigure scale, Fredoichi is a particularly good builder of the genre in a micro scale best suited for the type of set being inquired about here. 
  2. Anything Steampunk inspired would be incredible to see, since it is a genre we have not seen TLG touch upon much. Also, the Dieselpunk genre offers some great source material for inspiration!
  3. Mecha, particularly inspired after the Jaegers of Guillermo del Toro's Pacific Rim.
  4. Perhaps a miniature remake of a iconic set from one of Lego's Classic Space themes of the 1980's or early 1990's. There was that one excellent miniature rendition of the Galaxy Explorer done in 2015 for DK's Great Lego Sets, but I certainly wouldn't mind another miniature take on the set again!
  5. Speaking of space, I would really love to see a retro rocketcraft set inspired after the spacecraft of the Buck Rogers and Flash Gordon comic strips of the 1920's and 30's!
Edited by Digger of Bricks

I was hoping for a few Star Wars mini vehicles. Specifically, I was thinking of some Sequel Trilogy ships. For example, a mini Resistance troop transport. Maybe a Kylo Ren Tie Fighter in mini scale. If people want an OT collection, then maybe a Raider Class Corvette from Battlefront 2. Or even an Interdictor Class Imperial Cruiser.

Train or ship. For the spaceship it could always be a modernistic Blacktron or space police set. The train would also be nice, as we haven't really gotten a true classic train, like the 1923 option. It would go really well with specific sets like the winter village train station. 

Alright here is an idea. Since their was some talk about "Marvel's Squirrel Girl" like a year or so ago. 

- Squirrel Girl mini figure - comes with a "Chima tale" (might as well get some use out of that mold) and two "Friends Squirrels". And with a "base" plate with a brick build tree. I think it could be done for a polybag. 

Well it would be nice if they did characters from TV shows that we'd be unlikely to get it sets. with stands like R3-M2 (but not instore only :damn:)
Here are some examples;

the clone-wars - Cham Syndulla, Jesse, Fives (and other 501st clones esp from the Krell arc) ,Feral ,Padawan Knox, Waxer, Boil, Numa ,Santine and many more.
rebels- Chopper (imperial disguise),  Zare Leonis, Lando (rebels), Numa,  Governor Pryce,  AP-5, Wedge Antilles, Kassius Konstantine, Jan Dodonna and more.
The flash cw - Vibe, The Flash ,Zoom , Reverse Flash, Captain Cold, Killer frost and more.
Supergirl- Supergirl, Martian Manhunter.
Ninjago - yeah

all these suggestions would use existing licenses and parts but with some needing recolours

Doctor who - all the doctors, lego might not still hold this license I am not sure.

They could also do mini-figure scale builds from specific themes like a crate, destroyer droid or a computer bank for star wars and a balista or a market stall for castle.
And a minifig of Ole Kirk Christiansen would be a nice thing for an anniversary.

A Castle-themed battle pack with redesigned Black Falcons. Set could include 3-4 Falcons, a catapult and a weapons rack.

Speaking of Black Falcons, if AFOLs love theme so much, and they sold well back in the day, why not bring them back? Kids would probably like them too. I don't see what the problem is. :shrug_confused:

7 hours ago, BrickJagger said:

A Castle-themed battle pack with redesigned Black Falcons. Set could include 3-4 Falcons, a catapult and a weapons rack.

Speaking of Black Falcons, if AFOLs love theme so much, and they sold well back in the day, why not bring them back? Kids would probably like them too. I don't see what the problem is. :shrug_confused:

Since they're talking about the Free Gift With Purchase, I doubt a full Battle Pack would be possible.  A pack with 2 new Black Falcon knights and a small build shouldn't be impossible, though.

And of course, the idea of Castle returning would brighten many an AFOL's day.

Maybe a Micro Lego Shop.

Micro DeathStar. why not?:shrug_oh_well:

Or some Sports themed poly bags.

Maybe some brick built chopper (like the R2) or even a C3PO.

Possibly a Republic Commandos polybag with Darman or Etain(think I spelled it right)

Just some ideas.:excited:

Edited by LegoRacer1

Perhaps throwback minifigures from fan-favourite themes? Have AFOLs vote on their favourite discontinued themes, and then one minifig designed as a tribute to the most popular retired themes would be released.

Ie. If people voted for Power Miners, then a new Power Miner minifig would be made with a little collector's plate and some small build with an action feature. Considering most of the free gifts only have one minifig, if this first tribute figure was popular then the next most popular theme could be made.

If you sort out all the GWP availability complaints from the suggestion comments on Brickset, the two particular standout requests seen both there and on The Brick Fan are for Creator Expert modular companion mini sets and exclusive Star Wars minifigures based upon characters not yet seen in minifigure form.

Though this inquiry is asking about ideas for a single GWP set, there was this one novel idea someone on Brickset proposed for a monthly series of CMF-like polybags each containing a single CMF derivative designed minifigure per month, somewhat similar to the figures seen in this year's fourth Bricktober pack and the Iconic Cave promotional set. 

Being a Technic builder, the first thing I thought of, was Technic... 

Something a bit like this old set, for example. Or maybe this - anything would be great!

There has been some very small Technic sets released recently (42044 being the smallest), and I just think they would be much better as a GWP, rather than a retail set.

Thank you very much for bringing this topic to us, CopMike! Now, that's nice that TLG is asking us and so I hope some of my following wishes will be respected, too! :classic:

I wish that TLG doesn't release so many standalone promos, but they should give us more giveaways which actually fit in size and style in already existing themes.

Promos for Creator:

- vegetables cart (in addition to the flower cart from some years ago)

- sausages and meat cart (-"-)

- cheese cart (-"-)

- mechanical street organ

- postman on bicycle

- postman with handcart (for delivering letters)

- ancient horseman statue (grey horse with grey minifig on grey stand with plate)

- handcart with boy and girl

Promos for the Winter Village theme:

- Christmas decoration stand (minimum 4x8 base; in addition to the stands from the Winter Village Market)

- candles and lampions stand (-"-)

- hot chocolate stand (-"-)

- hot chestnuts stand / cart (-"-)

- water tower (in addition to the Winter Train)

- coal filling station (-"-)

- ancient car

- ancient taxi

Promos for City:

- small ice-cream cart with vendor

- taxi with taxi driver

- small car with woman and shopping busket

- sandbox and girl and bucket and small shovel

- climbing frame and boy

- small puppet theater with hand puppet player

- flower bed and female gardener with watering can

- vegetable patch and male gardener with shovel

- police robot (for disarming) and a suitcase

- secupring of evidence man and some crime stuff

- fire fighter robot and a small fire

- small quarterpipe with inliner guy

- milking machine with cow

- civilian tent with cycle and woman

- doghouse and new dog (eihter in black or at the best a new mold like a poodle etc.)

- aquarium and man

- breakdown service car with worker

- newspaper man with handcart (for delivering newspapers)

- small birthday party with birthday cake, presents and the lucky birthday boy

- small wedding scene with big wedding cake and the married couple

- chemical accident with special suited firefighter and barrels

- herdsman with sheep

- telescope and scientist

- skydiver with parachute

- DJ with mixing desk

- TV team consisting of camera man and reporter

- segway police officer

Promos for Castle:

- medieval cart with vegetables and farmer

- exclusive knight on horseback

- ballista ((spring-loaded) shooter) with knight

- small granstand (for knights' tournament) and medieval woman

- tournament tent with weaponry and knight

- chess playing knights

- minnesinger with ancient guitar

- fanfare player with fanfare with long flag

Promos for Star Wars:

- Mos Eisley Cantina visitor

- Mos Eisley Cantina barkeeper

- Biggs Darklighter (fleesh)

- different Imperial Officers / Lieutenants / Sergeants / Directors / Commanders

- Lobot (fleesh)

Promos for Western:

- outlaw with signpost and vulture

- pony express rider with horse

- medicine man with campfire and huge pot

- water tower

- handcart with Western farmer

So, I think that's enough for some years now. :grin:

Edited by Klaus-Dieter
forgot something

A “gift with purchase”-set is as the name indicates a set which is given to people who purchase a specific LEGO offer... So why not couple the LEGO offers' theme, with an add-on set with a similar theme.

For instance; the Advent Calenders, people pick them up because the tiny little sets are great add-ons to excisting sets. Or something similar as the City Expansion set & Fun @ The Beach People pack, to extend playabilty. :classic:

Edited by -zenn

Futuristic Spaceship

Got it on the first try!

Anything Classic Space or Classic Castle. The minifigures we got recently were great, but something with a small build (small spaceship or castle wall) would be amazing.

Though I find the packaging concept somewhat unusual, it would be cool to see more of those "Iconic" boxed CMF promotional sets done, especially after seeing this year's 5004936 Iconic Cave come with recolored variants of the S1 Caveman and the S5 Cave Woman.

So if we to see more of these boxed minifigure gift sets, a few I'd like to see would be...

1. Iconic Rocket, which would come with a Sand Blue recolor of the S17 Retro Space Hero in a rocketship shaped box.
  2. Iconic Hanger, which would come with the S3 Pilot in a Dark Brown recolor of his aviator jacket and aviator helmet. Comes in a airplane hanger shaped box.
  3. Iconic Mecha, which would come with a Dark Azure and Dark Bluish Grey recolor of the S9 Battle Mech with an Orange head under his helmet depicting his visor. Would come in a skyscraper shaped box.
  4. Iconic Castle, which would come with recolored variants of the S13 King and the S15 Queen in a castle shaped box.
  5. Iconic Space Battle, which would come with a Dark Red recolor of the S7 Galaxy Patrol and a Black armored recolor of the S9 Alien Avenger. Both come in a dropship shaped box.
  6. Iconic Space Explorers, which would come with a Light Bluish Grey recolor of the S1 Spaceman and a Bright Reddish Violet recolor of the S6 Intergalactic Girl. Both would come in a classic spaceship shaped box.

Maybe a four pack of the best voted CMF figures not just series 3.

Or the best four voted figures of all time.

Including sets and poly bags ect.