Sign in to follow this  
Kit Bricksto

[MOC] The Corellian Eclipse - Armoured YT-1300

Hi everyone!

As some of you might have seen on Flickr or Rebrick, I am participating in the Freighter Wars-Contest on Rebrick. For this I created the Corellian Senator's ship and gave it the name Corellian Eclipse. Don't ask me how that name makes any sense, it just sounded cool! :P After all, does Millennium Falcon really make sense? :D

I was inspired to build this by the book The Millennium Falcon Owner's Workshop Manual: Star Wars (Haynes Manuals) and various ideas I found on the allmighty internet. I'd also like to thank my buddy Inthert for allowing me to use some elements of his Millennium Falcon and credit goes to him for the visualisation of the models interior rooms.

Now, on to the build itself!

As the title suggests the Corellian Eclipse is basically the armoured variant of the YT-1300 with a more enclosed central cockpit, more conventional (and reliable) hyperdrive engines and a much more sealed hull. This, in my eyes, was the perfect basis for a luxury spaceship, so instead of the usual freighter-interior, I equipped the ship with a much more elegant and luxurios interior, worthy of a Republic Senator. And to show it's status of diplomatic immunity in the galaxy I added some red markings, ever so slightly reminiscent of the Senate's seal.

I think the pictures can speak for themselves from here on. If you have any questions though, feel free to ask them in the comments section and I'll be sure to come back to you!

37296441562_db4e790460_b.jpg

37296441172_09c7e6e108_b.jpg

37296440702_87e7d87805_b.jpg

37296440392_685497cf62_b.jpg

36616855724_93e1dc1279_b.jpg

I'd love to hear what you think of the model and the overall idea of the ship itself. Constructive criticism is of course also very welcome!

Cheers, Kit

Edited by Kit Bricksto

Very nice.  Clean, recognizable, and a fun interior!  I agree that some kind of engineering/maintenance section on the interior would be a nice addition, but what you've got is great.  :)

Love this Kit,

I think i said this on Flickr but i love this thing, this is something i could totally see on TWC or in the background of he prequels, the design choices you did blend in perfectly with the YT-1300, I love how the interior has a fancy look to it.

The only thing i would like (and this is beacause of my personal preference) i would like a more tiled look, but it's such a minor thing that it doesn't bring the model back.

The force is strong with this one ! Hope you win :)

-Prime

12 hours ago, Leonardo da Bricki said:

I have seen this on Flickr and Rebrickable, I really like it! Only thing I would add, is maybe some part of an engine bay. All-important feature on any Corellian ship! :wink:

6 hours ago, deraven said:

Very nice.  Clean, recognizable, and a fun interior!  I agree that some kind of engineering/maintenance section on the interior would be a nice addition, but what you've got is great.  :)

Thanks guys! There actually is a small access point to the engines underneath the engine cover but as the number of pictures on Rebrick is very restricted I decided not to include a picture of it, as it is incredibly hard to get the camera in there. I'll try and post a picture here for you guys though! 

6 hours ago, FTG Prime said:

Love this Kit,

I think i said this on Flickr but i love this thing, this is something i could totally see on TWC or in the background of he prequels, the design choices you did blend in perfectly with the YT-1300, I love how the interior has a fancy look to it.

The only thing i would like (and this is beacause of my personal preference) i would like a more tiled look, but it's such a minor thing that it doesn't bring the model back.

The force is strong with this one ! Hope you win :)

-Prime

Thanks man, I'm really honored you consider me one of your favorite builders! 

You mean the exterior should be smoother? I agree, however, that is a really hard thing to pull of at this scale without having to deal with the jagged edges tiles will have on wedge plates. It would probably not have shown so much if there was more greebling on the hull but I didn't want the ship to look to much like our favorite hunk of junk. ;) 

The public reception of this build has already been a bit like winning something. Of course I'd love win something but I wouldn't be too sad if someone like you, who'd have earned it, wins instead! :) 

Really nice. Feels like a mix of the republic ship at the beginning of episode I and the Falcon, so it's really living in that world!

25 minutes ago, roadstermatt said:

looks good just ordered that book myself as i'm messing round with my 75105 at the moment now i've finished my 75192

Thanks! The book's really worth it. I used it a lot when building my Falcon too and I will continue using it for reference once I continue building it some day.. :D I looked up those set-numbers and they both appear to be the 2016 Millennium Falcon. Is that correct? I wasn't aware of any re-release of the set with a different set-number.

15 minutes ago, badgerboy said:

Really nice. Feels like a mix of the republic ship at the beginning of episode I and the Falcon, so it's really living in that world!

Thank you! :) Yeah, that was basically the idea. I wanted it to look like the Republic Frigates from the Clone Wars while still keeping enough of the classic YT-1300 design.

Yeah, has a great Republic Frigate vibe with that classic Falcon shape. Love the full interior and all the greebles. The one thing I might have added in one of the 4 quadrants is some sort of security locker type area for the guards with weapons, etc. (probably the bottom left based on what each section contains currently). But I love the little office setup and the bed in a couple of the areas. Nice real life detailing.

2 hours ago, Kodan Black said:

Yeah, has a great Republic Frigate vibe with that classic Falcon shape. Love the full interior and all the greebles. The one thing I might have added in one of the 4 quadrants is some sort of security locker type area for the guards with weapons, etc. (probably the bottom left based on what each section contains currently). But I love the little office setup and the bed in a couple of the areas. Nice real life detailing.

Thanks Kodan! I really appreciate your feedback! There actually is something like the security locker you suggested in the airlock that doesn't have the boarding ramp, well, it's more of a gun rack than anything else.. I should have made sure to include that in one of the pictures.. ;) 

Great looking ship, Kit! It's a really cool interpretation of a YT, and I really like the attention to detail.  I especially love the use of a mjölnir hammer as a liquor bottle! The crewman chasing the rat (small womprat?) is a nice touch too.  Like some others posted, I'd love a few shots of the engine compartment (if it's finished) and the cockpit interior! :)

On ‎03‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 8:40 PM, Kit Bricksto said:

Thanks! The book's really worth it. I used it a lot when building my Falcon too and I will continue using it for reference once I continue building it some day.. :D I looked up those set-numbers and they both appear to be the 2016 Millennium Falcon. Is that correct? I wasn't aware of any re-release of the set with a different set-number.

perhaps I have my numbers mixed up but basically i'm talking about the new UCS one & the force awakens one

On 4.10.2017 at 7:41 PM, DrMuttonchops said:

Great looking ship, Kit! It's a really cool interpretation of a YT, and I really like the attention to detail.  I especially love the use of a mjölnir hammer as a liquor bottle! The crewman chasing the rat (small womprat?) is a nice touch too.  Like some others posted, I'd love a few shots of the engine compartment (if it's finished) and the cockpit interior! :)

Thanks man! That isn't a hammer, it's actually one of Umbridge's perfum bottles from the Order of the Phoenix Hogwarts Castle set. ;) I'll try and take a picture of the engine access but it's rather tricky to get in there with the camera. As for the cockpit, there isn't really that much more to see than what is visible in the top view of the whole interior.

14 minutes ago, roadstermatt said:

perhaps I have my numbers mixed up but basically i'm talking about the new UCS one & the force awakens one

Okay, I figured that were the sets you meant. ;) So you're actually one of the lucky few to get your hands on one of the first UCS Falcons?

23 hours ago, Kit Bricksto said:

Okay, I figured that were the sets you meant. ;) So you're actually one of the lucky few to get your hands on one of the first UCS Falcons?

yes very lucky and very pleased

Edited by roadstermatt

Hello, Kit!

Amazing design, not only does it looks beautiful on the outside but the interior is fantastic too! Also, I'm pleased you used red; wouldn't be a republic ship without it!

Kind regards, Ellis.