Sign in to follow this  
brickmasterben11

[SoNE Ep. XVI] [Cat A.] The Sparrow

I step into the hangar with captain Nik. "Well, here she is. The Sparrow. One of the fastest ships this side of Tatooine." I walk around to the front of the starfighter. 

"It's quite small." I remark. 

Nik smiles. "For what it lacks in size it make up for in speed."

37346612172_736dc9ef60.jpg

23524768038_80a0d5342d.jpg

36706844423_dcf033a87b.jpg

I walked around to the back of the ship, which housed a small engine. 

36706854693_1cde69bfd5.jpg

I climbed into the small cockpit to find a control array. "Here's the hyperdrive boost, the regulator, and the lasers." Nik went around showing different knobs and buttons. 

36706845083_5e4cde98ab.jpg

As I climbed back out, Nik looked off into the distance. "Make sure you take good care of her, Brick. I wish I could take here with me, but I'm being shipped out somewhere near Endor, and I can only take what I can put on my back."

"Don't worry." I said. "She'll be waiting here for you when you get back. I promise." 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------This build was originally going to be a small freighter like my old ship, but I changed it up to the current model. 

BONUS PICS:

Control Panel:

36706848883_83b201756a.jpg

Cockpit area without canopy:

36706850753_fa23888623.jpg

Hangar (I hastily threw this together in a few minutes to have somewhere to put the ship and figures) This should be counted as possible bonus points according to the rules. 

36667888784_0f01b65027.jpg

Please judge! 

Edited by brickmasterben11

Much better job on the photos this time around!  Having more lighting makes a huge difference, and the photo sizes are a big improvement over your last few entries.

The ship is simple, but there are some nice touches like the sideways dark red wings, and the storage area inside the cockpit.  The black 4x6 plate at the back looks a little awkward compared to the rounded cockpit - I think tailfin(s) or something else back there might have helped, even just a 2x4 tile down the middle of it to extend the shape of the canopy back farther.  Overall, though, this is a big step up - good work!

I like the concept of your hangar. It reminds me of the Falcon's hangar on Tatooine, and others I've seen in concept art. Curving the walls would certainly help, but I don't think it's really necessary. Maybe some pillars just of the wall to make it look more urban. Definitely need to go higher or crop the picture more to keep us from seeing the top, though. 

The ship is cool. There are certainly places where you could have incorporated more greebling or interesting techniques for integrating your other parts. Like, the front grill could be switched out with a couple of 1x1 snot pieces with dbg greeble parts on the sides. Or, keeping the parts around your weapons lbg so they blend better into the ship.