Sign in to follow this  
Capt Wolf

Convoys/fleets: Commodores, Admirals, and National Heroes

Sir Admiral Dukesc, a National Hero of Oleon, has received a command in La Royale

3zJ7TK.jpg

The Iron Admiral, the Lion of Balondia, the Devil of the Northern Bay… Sir Admiral Dukesc earned all these nicknames during the Juniper War, when with a small squadron he destroyed the small Corrish fleet guarding Balondia, then dragging the Corrish Royal Navy in a useless hunt across the Merlonic Sea. Only a few weeks later, he crossed Oleon by horse, took command of the Northern Fleet and took by complete surprise the enemy counterpart, partly drydocked for winter repairs. By sure one of the most successful Admirals of Oleon ever, he is considered a National Hero by the citizens and an example to emulate by the Navy Officers.

PS: I'm not in charge of the convoy, but others faction members couldn't post it. Credit @Bodi for the picture

Edited by Keymonus
The victories I described were by far too much considering that they are not "canon". I reduced them a little!

2 hours ago, Keymonus said:

Sir Admiral Dukesc earned all these nicknames during the Juniper War, when in less than a month he destroyed the small Corrish fleet guarding Balondia and intercepted the main enemy fleet in the Merlonic Sea, defeating it twice. Only a few weeks later, he crossed Oleon by horse, took command of the Northern Fleet and took by complete surprise the enemy counterpart, partly drydocked for winter repairs.

Fake news and Olean Propaganda in its entirety! :pir-grin:

1 hour ago, Bregir said:

Maybe a little exaggeration, you know… history is written by who wins!

However, I realized that this could be a little too much, even considering that I didn't build anything in support and that it's before our storyline period. If anyone thinks its better not to flesh out Juniper War so much, I can change the CV of our National Hero into something a little more misty ("some naval victories during Juniper War" or something similar) 

2 hours ago, Bregir said:

It's all true, you non-believer! :tongue:

There's a famous painting hanging in the Royal Palace's 4th floor sanitary chambers (aka the Royal Loo) depicting our hero's fabled Ride Across Oleon in Pale Full Moon Light:

49645020897_7f883d74de_o.png

It has to be true as the scene was captured by a speeding-painter on the Avenue de Quelquechose, just a few kilometers North of Nimporte-Où... admittedly, maybe the Admiral's full head of hair was subject to the artist's interpretation...

1 minute ago, Kolonialbeamter said:

famous painting

I love this! Great use of that hair piece and the articulated horse.

I will stay neutral as to the details of the subject's exploits. :pir-grin:

Pip Janszen and Anthony Crol have both been promoted to the rank of commodore.

01_meet.jpg

On 3/10/2020 at 5:39 PM, Keymonus said:

Maybe a little exaggeration, you know… history is written by who wins!

However, I realized that this could be a little too much,

If you had proposed to make it established lore, I would probably protest, as it is nowhere established that the Royal Navy (the proper one, that is) lost several large battles during that war. However, here you are giving a romanticized story of some nicknames awarded a national hero. They are bound to be... biased ;) So no protests from me (other than the token one about "propaganda" :P )

Also:

22 hours ago, Kolonialbeamter said:

It has to be true as the scene was captured by a speeding-painter on the Avenue de Quelquechose, just a few kilometers North of Nimporte-Où... admittedly, maybe the Admiral's full head of hair was subject to the artist's interpretation...

Very nice picture! Oleon certainly leads the Brick Seas in the arts! (if not in innovation, bravery, prowess in battle, civilisation, or anything that matters AT ALL! ;))

On 3/10/2020 at 7:32 PM, Kolonialbeamter said:

This is just marvelous hahah :roflmao: 

Lieutenant la Gauffre has been promoted to the rank of commodore.

aVPiwj.jpg

Many years passed since the former mousquetaire la Gauffre left Granoleon to join la Royale in New Terra. He managed to rise the ranks through incessant efforts. His promotion to commodore was finally officialized with the need of able officers to command the rapidly growing Colonial fleet of Oleon.

Commodore d'Alban is riding accross the field to join his fleet in Breschaun.

aVPFTs.jpg

Commodore is a veteran of the Juniper war and he's been assigned to command the Breschaun fleet since many years, providing outstanding service to the Crown. He was supervising the manufacturing of new warships in the Arsenal royal de la Marine when the letter urging him to rejoin his fleet arrived. 

Oleon must be venturing out into the MRCA again if they need two commodores... :pir-sceptic:

14 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

Oleon must be venturing out into the MRCA again if they need two commodores... :pir-sceptic:

Next KPA can not come soon enough for sure! Get writing! :pir_laugh2:

7 hours ago, Darnok said:

Next KPA can not come soon enough for sure! Get writing! :pir_laugh2:

Would you believe I already am? :pir-wink:

On 7/29/2020 at 8:33 PM, Keymonus said:

Only a lot of small commercial fleets moving back and forth, I guess! :pir-sweet:

Surely it's the tuna season and everybody have gone fishing...

Edited by blackdeathgr

50535457046_29733410d5_n.jpg

Count Mesabi of Debonshire,

Veteran of the Juniper Wars, CEO of the Wayfarer Trading Corporation, the Fortifier of Nova Malto, Founder of the Grand City of Mesabi Landing, Sailor of the South, and Purveyor of Artiodactyla and Equine Meats, among other, the Count will be commanding (as a Commodore) a fleet of nine 'trade' vessels with the blessing  approval of the Crown.

Edited by Mesabi

Commander Joshua of the Royal Navy @Spud The Viking

27305697198_0a2415513e_w.jpg

The Admiralty has confirmed the rank of 'Commander' in the Royal Navy for his services against the Lotii in the New Haven Seas. Commander Joshua can expect to command larger fleets from now on. 

Commodore Matt Lenoir

37186045075_caed724a0a_w.jpg

Captain of the Purple Reign

Destroyer of the Trador Blockade Fleet and the notorious Queen Annetta's Revenge and capturer of Hera's Fury. His excellent naval skills during the Battle of the Five Fleets are making him a living legend.

Edited by Maxim I

Captain of The Lady Hawk, Armando Ferrocaril, is hereby promoted to Commodore.

Having served the WTC - and by extension, the Crown of Corrington - well in the past years, Captain Gerard Wilton, of WTC infamy and nicknamed "Old One Eye", has been promoted to the rank of Commodore some time ago.

OvOEVuO.jpg

His current whereabouts ore unknown, but only time will tell if his past achievements can be seen as promises of greatness or warning signs...

It would we have not yet correctly listed rear-admiral Fletcher here (As commodore per the rules - up to 9 ships):
36581286981_dd4e4c365e_c.jpg