Sign in to follow this  
Capt Wolf

MRCA II is here! Sign-up deadline Oct. 10

The wait is over! MRCA II is here! The sign-up deadline for both the Adventure MRCA and the Trade MRCA is Oct 10, midnight, anywhere in the world (i.e. GMT -12).

Players can sign up for both the Adventure MRCA and the Trade MRCA, but individual ships can only participate in one or the other, not both simultaneously.

To sign-up for the Adventure MRCA, read the rules here and then sign-up via this form.

To sign-up for the Trade MRCA, read the rules here and then sign-up via this form.

For a ship to take part in either MRCA, it must be licensed. You can license your ship under the new ship rules via this form.

----

A couple of notes about the Trade MRCA:

Convoy rules:

-When participating in a convoy, only the owner of the lead ship (or whoever is managing the convoy) needs to register the convoy. Other players in the convoy only need to make sure their participating ship is licensed and not engaged in the Adventure MRCA.

-If the convoy has more than 5 ships, a special commander must be paid, as follows:

- A commodore may command a group of 6-9 ships at a cost of 100 DBs and 100 PIPs per MRCA.

- An admiral may command a group of 10-15 ships at a cost of 200 DBs and 200 PIPs per MRCA.

- A national hero may command a fleet of 16-25 ships at a cost of 500 DBs and 500 PIPs per MRCA.

Please post the name of the commander in this thread, along with a picture. Additionally, if you want to add a link to a vignette that tells us more about the commander or how he gained this assignment, even better!

Patrol/predator routes:

When a trade ship enters its route in the web form, it is pretty straightforward. For example, a ship travelling from Arlinsport to Nova Terelli (with a range rating of at least 3) would enter "8,7,3,2" for the four zones it will travel through.

A ship on a patrol or predator mission may want to end its trip at the same port it started. So, for example, a ship based in Bastion with a range rating of 4 that wants to hunt for prey near Astrapi and return home would enter "38,1,23,1,38". Note that it lists zones 1 and 38 twice because it passes through them twice. Furthermore, if that same ship wanted to hunt near Puerto Alijo, it could enter "38,1,1,1,38". The shorter distance to its target zone allows it to spend more time in the target zone rather than moving through other zones, and thus gives it a better chance of intercepting prey there.

Excellent - looks great!  Will be getting on it soon :wink:

I did have one question, though - does the pay to the commodore/admiral/national hero go to the member whose character is filling that role, or is it going straight out of the game (I'm guessing the latter, but as it doesn't specify here I thought I'd ask).  Once again, thanks to all o' the leaders who've been working to get this ready!

1 hour ago, Garmadon said:

does the pay to the commodore/admiral/national hero go to the member whose character is filling that role, or is it going straight out of the game

It goes straight out of the game.