Build Your Own Martian Adventure! by ThinkBrick99

Spoiler

5127481-front_cover-rTDNipg3o8tidA-thumb

Classic Space Pursuit by ThomasW

Spoiler

5099270-SpaceContestModel4c-fXr5CzT0XaqH

46 minutes ago, LegoMonorailFan said:

That last one is sweet!

I thought you'd like that one! Also, his other entry I featured on this topic earlier also had a monorail. :wink:

8 hours ago, LegoMonorailFan said:

Nick Nova's Spaceship is done by Perijove. The same guy that designed the Curiosity Rover. To cool!

If anyone is interested in building my Nick Nova's Spaceship entry, you can download the LEGO Digital Designer file and view the parts list for free on Rebrickable.  

6 minutes ago, Perijove said:

If anyone is interested in building my Nick Nova's Spaceship entry, you can download the LEGO Digital Designer file and view the parts list for free on Rebrickable.  

Oh! Wow I didn't know you were on Eurobricks! Thanks for linking the file. Awesome model! Good luck. :sweet: :thumbup:

Micro Space Colony City by ThomasW

Spoiler

5099107-SpaceContestModel2a-OkDoJ_bgZN9_

Starship Argo mk1 with DELPHI outpost by id77

Spoiler

5169023-20180128_49_p2_low-fRVekkVd13j8Q

Retro Companionship Model by Lukedesign

Spoiler

5134715-Retro_Companion_Ship_6-HJQQ1EACP

5134724-RETRO_ROCKET_9-iPui07nPPCF-jA-th

11 minutes ago, Perijove said:

Thanks a billion, I was both seriously impressed and flattered when @danth pointed out your entry! Good luck! :sweet:

4 minutes ago, LegoMonorailFan said:

Oh! Wow I didn't know you were on Eurobricks!

Neither did I! :oh3:

16 minutes ago, LegoMonorailFan said:

Oh! Wow I didn't know you were on Eurobricks! Thanks for linking the file. Awesome model! Good luck. :sweet: :thumbup:

I've been around for a long time.  I just don't post often.  In fact, I think this post brings my average up to once a year, haha.

11 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Thanks a billion, I was both seriously impressed and flattered when @danth pointed out your entry! Good luck! :sweet:

You're very welcome!

hi

I have 4 entries:

the first one is "gathering generations". The aim was to integrate different generations in one MOC, showing the oldest generation molding the LEGO Space and the newest participating during the process.

It contains my oldest mini figure (the statue) and my newest Classic Space, from the CMS. 

I had problems during the building, I had not enough black pieces to make a proper scenario for the mini figures. 

The others were moments of fun, trying to recreate the Classic Space design.

the Mobile Ground Laboratory and Communication Station, the Space Patrol Craft (inspired on the old X1 Patrol Craft) and another tribute for Lego Classic Space (trying to get a Bronze minifigure!!)

Hi everyone!

My submission is a modular moon base dubbed Moonbase Alpha.  It has a dozen buildings and items like a biodome, drill, and a rocket you can mix around to create the layout you want. Thanks if you check it out!

MoonBase Alpha

Edited by TemporalSword

LL2019 by papat08

Spoiler

5118139-LL2019.1-1RZBreL6B3iyng-thumbnai

Classic Retro Rocket by conbrio (a.k.a. @Tron Of Black)

Spoiler

5171469-rocket_-_4-sg3U9Nj36y2GYg-thumbn

Red Retro Rocket by DavidHiller

Spoiler

5159912-rackgukguketi.lxf-I8s31SpUnsuz_g

SR2 Personal Saucer by RocketWrench

Spoiler

5159222-Hidden_Parts-3jX-AT2OQzA4dw-thum

Coin Op Space Ride by FrostBricks

Spoiler

5127656-V2_Turn-zr1vdmMX5IhxSg-thumbnail

Let's get outside and ride our scooters by Joker3131

Spoiler

5180312-IMG_6996-6LShBUo9d5yoUQ-thumbnai

37 minutes ago, Mr Meleca said:

the Mobile Ground Laboratory and Communication Station, the Space Patrol Craft (inspired on the old X1 Patrol Craft) and another tribute for Lego Classic Space (trying to get a Bronze minifigure!!)

OK, I really like that last one! By the way, by "Bronze" do you mean Copper Metallic?

Since everybody and their brick-built dog is showcasing their project, I thought I might as well do the same ?

it’s the inside of a starship bridge. It’s designed so the roof, front back and sides can be removed in any combination to allow access.

https://ideas.lego.com/challenges/1b817aba-3990-4e6d-a17f-7a59a948d02f/application/62076792-5632-4668-bf2a-be41bbad58b5

LIFTOFF! by Diego Baca

Spoiler

5074183-F1-P8ht5bLyBf_1uA-thumbnail-full

Classic Space Microscale Base by CARLIERTI

Spoiler

5154315-image_1_space-PKN0xOJoKtbODg-thu

Flying SpaceShip by Brickproject_7540

Spoiler

5171549-1_MIS_END_1-VQljd5OMTnkvdQ-thumb

Bluetron by MinfigInSpace

Spoiler

5177161-Blue_T_1-z_SUJAM8JCYrag-thumbnai

Lego Delivery Spaceship by rpbMiniFig

Spoiler

5191734-IMG_8927-XUexFXd53KrPzQ-thumbnai

Hey, for those who visit and frequent this topic, I just want to know if you would like to see another Classic themed Ideas contest after this one in the near future? If so, what sort of theme should be the subject of the next one? :classic:

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Hey, for those who visit and frequent this topic, I just want to know if you would like to see another Classic themed Ideas contest after this one in the near future? If so, what sort of theme should be the subject of the next one? :classic:

In the words of Benny the space man's grandfather Benny the knight, castle,Castle,CASTLE!!!

shameless plug of my own in my signature. 

Edited by Agent Kallus

Thanks for keeping this topic updated,  Digger of Bricks

There's some really good classic space themed builds, its tricky working out which one to vote for.

I'm surprised there wasn't a tesla!

1 hour ago, xzanfr said:

I'm surprised there wasn't a tesla!

Maybe some tried but couldn't enter because it's against the rules : 

• Entries consisting of or containing copies of any existing third-party work or creation, or infringements of any third party intellectual property right will not be eligible for the contest (this includes references to Intellectual Property such as Star Wars or NASA).

I had considered making a MOC inspired by 2001: A Space Odyssey, but instead of discovering a Monolith on the Moon, it's a giant black 2x4 brick they find. I wasn't sure it would be accepted, because of the reference to the movie, so I abandoned the idea. We're approaching the 50th anniversary of the movie, so I might still build it later.

I know someone whose entry was initially rejected simply for mentioning Arthur C Clarke, even though his entry had nothing to do with his work, so I think that was a good call.

And it seems the moderators are still at work removing entries: we're now down to 1,052 (from 1,065 IIRC). Probably due to a fair number of them being NASA references, which, as has been correctly pointed out, is against these particular rules.

The other thing I noticed is that several entries seemed like they did not conform to the size constraint for fitting on a 16x16 baseplate or the designers interpreted the "overhang" language very liberally.

drc

Cool well be.

But since the whole process is secret, there's no way to know.

It could also be because one of the moderators dropped a slice of pizza on his keyboard and accidentally hit the delete key multiple times trying to clean up the mess.

26 minutes ago, Leewan said:

Maybe some tried but couldn't enter because it's against the rules : 

Ah, I see. They could have gone full lepin and had a "Tosla" sports car with "didn't panic" written on the screen :D

18 minutes ago, Captain Mutant said:

But since the whole process is secret, there's no way to know.

It could also be because one of the moderators dropped a slice of pizza on his keyboard and accidentally hit the delete key multiple times trying to clean up the mess.

I've not really followed these competitions over the years (this is the first one I've taken any notice of), but the level of transparency with regards to the selection seems terrible.

5 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

In the words of Benny the space man's grandfather Benny the knight, castle,Castle,CASTLE!!!

Well that certainly would be the most obvious next choice, as Classic Castle seems to have a larger fanbase compared to Classic Pirates.

Now personally, I'd hope to see an Adventurers themed contest in the near future. :purrr:

This is the design that got my vote:

5185844-PlanetaryScouts_01Overview-gJYjo

Planetary Scout Team by KingsKnight

The colors pop without feeling too overbearing.  It's 4 small vehicles that fit well in the Space theme.  The Classic Space minifigures are great, and new colors like these would be fantastic.  I hope that any winning design has a Classic Spaceman minifigure, and that LEGO chooses to produce it in a new color.

With the public voting period over, any idea on how long it will take Lego to post the list of 25 that made it into the final selection round?  Will they also be posting the vote totals for each entry (would be nice to sort the list by total votes)

drc

Kinda funny that the vote count is hidden. Which probably means the vote count will be considered by the judges but won't really matter that much.

It has crossed my mind that a secret vote makes it easier ininflate some scores in order to select the 25 entries of your preference. Who is to know?

but even though I designed an entry myself, I don’t mind as long as we end up with an awesome model. ? 

Edited by Captain Mutant
Typo