Oky

To the Millennium Bat! (MOC)

Hello! This is my entry for the Millennium Falcon contest on The Brothers Brick. Please excuse the poor picture quality as I was in a rush to get it photographed.

37346624311_642f1e4e86_z.jpg

While Lego Batman was not impressed with those "bunch of dudes" that he stole a hyperdrive from, he did take a liking to their ship, so after Brickburg was saved, he constructed his own version of the Millennium Falcon: the Millennium Bat! Equipped with 2 quad laser cannons, a Bat-computer, a crime lab, a weapons rack, a Bat-radar, a jet engine, powerful wheels, and a dining room for eating lobster thermidor, this bad boy serves as both a big, fierce crime-fighting vehicle as well as a mobile Batcave.

36637774854_9d4c52fc4c_z.jpg

37346623931_79da5bd8f7_z.jpg

37346623821_bc07df93dd_z.jpg

36637774324_86d6804d4c_z.jpg

37346623681_61a0c0fa7b_z.jpg

The cockpit opens up to seat the pilots inside.

36637773524_7ff957ae70_z.jpg

The upper quad laser cannon can be lifted up to access the gunner station underneath.

36637772144_f11e5ab3b5_z.jpg

And just like on all the official Falcons, the hull opens up to reveal the interior.

37346622481_5efb40bd7b_z.jpg

There are tools, a workbench, the engine, a desk for detective work, and a small bed.

37346622851_fc6ee1c814_z.jpg

This is where our heroes hang their weapons.

36637773254_0f304fec26_z.jpg

Here is the Batcomputer and the sitting area. Since Batman doesn't play board games, there is a plate of lobster thermidor instead of the holo chess.

36637771984_c263db1d8b_z.jpg

A close up of our heroes: Bat Solo (who always shoots first and hits at first try), Rrrrrrobin (who is very hairy), Princess Barbareia, and their loyal butler L-FR3D.

36637771284_d65acfb042_z.jpg

Thanks for looking. Let me know what you think of it. To the comments section!

Just now, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

You should enter this in the Rebrick contest (if you can). This is awesome!

Thanks! I submitted it there too, but I just saw that your entry is not allowed to feature any other IP than Star Wars. :sceptic:

Dammit. Why did you have to alert me to this contest. I knew my Marvel/Star Wars crossover didn't work for the rebrick contest. Now I have to decide if I can build it in time.

Interesting build. I would have made it a spaceship rather than a land vehicle. Although looking at it some more, I think my problem with it is the small threads in the back. I think it would better with large threads. Granted for Lego Batman Movie style the small threads work.

Great!

I would add one od two plates 1x1 for ChewRobin feet to make him taller.

Edit. Ooops! Rrrrrrobin of course. ;)

Edited by SERVATOR

The scale of this is messing with my brain, man. I can see that it's obviously smaller than regular System-scale Falcons, but since the construction is the same, it looks like it's that same size. Now I kinda want to build a regular Star Wars Falcon that's this big.

This more technical, but if this is a land vehicle. Why does it need a bottom quad cannon? To me, it is just in the way and probably going to get damaged. 

Thanks everyone!

On 9/27/2017 at 5:37 AM, dulsi said:

Interesting build. I would have made it a spaceship rather than a land vehicle. Although looking at it some more, I think my problem with it is the small threads in the back. I think it would better with large threads. Granted for Lego Batman Movie style the small threads work.

I was actually planning to make it a spaceship initially with small treads instead of the landing gear, but as I was building, the mandibles reminded me of the Tumbler and I thought how cool it would look with a giant wheel in front, so I got rid of half of the treads and changed it to a land vehicle (which is more Batman's style anyway). I left the treads in the back small so that the vehicle wouldn't be tilted too much.

On 9/27/2017 at 4:13 PM, Commander_Rob said:

The scale of this is messing with my brain, man. I can see that it's obviously smaller than regular System-scale Falcons, but since the construction is the same, it looks like it's that same size. Now I kinda want to build a regular Star Wars Falcon that's this big.

Haha, indeed I borrowed some of the building techniques from the latest System-scale set, but had to keep it small since I was forced to use shorter wedge plates for the round hull due to the color, so I can see where the confusion comes from. I think it came out pretty good overall though.

On 9/27/2017 at 8:07 PM, samurai-turtle said:

This more technical, but if this is a land vehicle. Why does it need a bottom quad cannon? To me, it is just in the way and probably going to get damaged. 

Interesting observation. That cannon is actually another remnant from an earlier draft of the vehicle where it was still meant to be a spaceship. You're right, it is perhaps a bit overkill on the vehicle as it is now, but then again, isn't overkill what Lego Batman is all about? :wink: