Legomanarthur

[MOC/MOD] Jango Fett's Slave 1

Hey everyone, I've been working on this for quite a while and I need to make a few things clear concerning this MOC. The model is basically a remake of LoRd AmUnRa's Slave 1 which I think looked very close to the "real" model. I built a replica on LDD then decided to change a few things up to make it look more up-to-date, which resulted in a mix between the old style and the new one, so let's say it's a MOD of a MOC. Anyway here it is:

Spoiler

110.jpg

410.jpg

510.jpg

610.jpg

710.jpg

810.jpg

I used the same method from the UCS Slave 1 by putting trans-clear round studs for the ship to sit on when it is in landed position

910.jpg

There is also storage for seismic charges, It can only hold two of them though

1010.jpg

It is possible to put stuff inside that hatch, I used to put Han in Carbonite but it was a little too large for the hatch to close smoothly, I found another way to store it however

1110.jpg

1210.jpg

The front door opens as well

1310.jpg

1411.jpg

Like the MOC it's based on, a chunk of the ship can be removed along with the windshield to reveal the interior

1510.jpg

1610.jpg

Here's the interior

1711.jpg

There's not a lot of space so I decided to put a crate and a few accessories onto the sides, it is possible to fit a couple of figures as well

1810.jpg

The cockpit can fit three figures (which is a first for me after all the modifications I've made for this ship :tongue:)

1910.jpg

2210.jpg

So Han in Carbonite is attached to the cockpit by a clip, I think I saw that method used in a different toy of this ship, I can't remember exactly

2310.jpg

2410.jpg

Both sides contain hidden cannons

2510.jpg

2610.jpg

2710.jpg

2810.jpg

2910.jpg

3010.jpg

The cannons rotate simultaneously

3110.jpg

3410.jpg

0010.jpg

3610.jpg

Here it is next to khatmorg's awesome Delta 7

3210.jpg

And obviously I could not forget about Boba's

3411.jpg

So here it is, I hope you enjoyed it, I spent a lot of hours on LDD recreating it and modifying it over the years, I could provide the LDD file but it does not contain my latest tweaks and modifications and I don't have the time to look into it currently.

Absolutely fantastic. I think the ship doesnt get nearly as much coverage from the community as it deserves, which might be partly because the official UCS Version is just outstanding.

Nevertheless, its nice to see other attempts at this incredible difficult design in Lego, and for its size yours really does it justice. The angles are very smooth and the colourization fits!

Some aspects I think are even better than the UCS Version, namely the whole backside/underside, the wings and their connection to the main hull as well as the sloped hull part above the cockpit glass (above in flying position, which shows perfectly on the last image with boba fetts version).

All in all, very impressive! :thumbup:

This is one ship I wish Lego would do again!! They have come such a long way since the original in 2002!! 

As for your MOC. It looks great!! It has an updated, beefed up, 2002 feel, which you can't escape using those curved slope pieces. 

Very nice, Jamie

I'm glad you all enjoy it! To be honest my pictures really don't do it justice, the model is very sturdy and swooshable, I did not expect it to be this play-friendly once I built it.

16 hours ago, BigEl said:

Absolutely fantastic. I think the ship doesnt get nearly as much coverage from the community as it deserves, which might be partly because the official UCS Version is just outstanding.

Nevertheless, its nice to see other attempts at this incredible difficult design in Lego, and for its size yours really does it justice. The angles are very smooth and the colourization fits!

Some aspects I think are even better than the UCS Version, namely the whole backside/underside, the wings and their connection to the main hull as well as the sloped hull part above the cockpit glass (above in flying position, which shows perfectly on the last image with boba fetts version).

All in all, very impressive! :thumbup:

Thanks a lot, I agree, the UCS version looks gorgeous, something that I think is the most difficult thing to do correctly is the nose-section, and the UCS represented it very well. It is such a smooth surface and the fact that it changes in shape until the very end of it makes this ship look pretty elegant to me, but I've always found the shape of this ship to be interesting and appealing so I may be biased. Still, I wish Lego would make a new Slave 1 - especially Jango's - since 7153 is my favorite set, I would love to see what they could do with the new pieces of today, though my main fear is that they would make it smaller than the previous ones.

The wings are pretty straightforward and I think they can look better with a few modifications but I'm happy with the way they look, plus they rotate all by themselves thanks to gravity so I can't ask for more!