Ecclesiastes

70922 The Joker Manor

Simply amazing! The new tracks look so much better than those from the Friend's rollercoaster...

Makes me wonder if some sort of monorail will come in the following 5 years.

The set looks too messy for me.  Like many other people, I would have prepared just a manor I could have added to my town.  Interested to see what MOD/MOCs will appear

I like the looks of it, the amount of sillyness is perfect. It might not be as good a deal as Ninjago City with regards to bricks but it has a certain fun factor for me personally that City misses. It actually bumped City off of my to get list as there is only so much I'm willing to spend on big sets (of which there have been a fair few so far this year).

Ofcourse I'll have to adjust the rest of my city by distributing some villains to actually be able to tie it in but that's no big problem :D. When that tires I'll just try to moc it and turn it into a normal Wayne Manor.

Those tracks looks really cool, gonna be great when they show up in another colour! 

Not too thrilled with the mansion & figs though, for such a large D2C set I'd expect something with a bit more pizzazz.

It's cool.  Lots of useful grey bricks for castle building, and even the green pieces could be useful in forests.

I like the Disco characters.  Too bad there are only 4, but at least we get those.

I am looking forward to seeing mods that convert this into a normal Wayne Manor.

I really hope those tracks will be available through Bricks & Pieces.  They look like a lot of fun to play around with.

I'm wish we can remove the joker parts, and have a plain Wayne mayor, like switch them back and forth, that would be amazing

Edited by Nuns In Crocs

I'm quite surprised by this set! I was expecting a rollercoaster as the next fairground set, but I didn't think they would release the rails in another earlier set.

On the other hand I'm relieved... not feeling the urge to buy this set. I was preparing myself mentally for another expensive dtc set I wouldn't be able to resist buying, but I'm not tempted at all.

The set looks fun as a fairground haunted house, but doesn't feel like it could handle the competition with other DTC sets aimed at AFOLs. It looks rather for a younger audience, but then again there's the very high price, probably because it's licensed and it has new parts for the rollercoaster.

I guess this set is for the most loyal fans of LEGO Batman and the ones who don't have the patience to wait for the fairground rollercoaster and want to make their own first.

If it only would be released before instead of a month after halloween, it would have made me slightly consider buying it to display it.

5 hours ago, Robert8 said:

So, no designer video?

Designer videos have had quite a long stretch between announcement and video release this entire year.

It's killing me too.

Oh, yeah, this is my first post regarding the set. I love it. Certainly not as detailed as I would've liked though (it needs more Joker decor) but I'm perfectly fine with what we're getting. Just wish Alfred had a cowl.

I also think its funny that people are complaining about the price.

a) It's a licensed set

b) It comes out to about $0.07 per piece.

c) It's nearly two feet tall, and just over two feet wide

Though this is after we've been spoiled by NINJAGO City (which, as a reminder, is unlicensed) and then there's the fact that people have been prioritizing how they spend their money, due to wanting the UCS Falcon.

At this point of the movie Alfred had already lost his cowl, in fact almost as soon as he had put it on. Annoying, I know, but kudos for accuracy.

I love all the little room vignettes that were featured. The kitchen, movie theatre, and pictures. Although I'm puzzled why Robin's suit is blue when it's black in the movie?

Edited by Vindicare

I have to say, why bother with batsuit Alfred when it's literally the same thing as the Adam West suit except with a different stomach print? I was really hoping they'd throw in regular Alfred.. it is the manor, isn't it? 

I wish this had a bit more depth, and that's really my only quibble with it... it's an incredible model but it's only one small room thick, and I'm really not sure that's enough. I think it would be more imposing and visually interesting if the side bits were swiveled back and the roller coaster was made more three-dimensional. Also, seeing as they threw in the end credits versions of the main cast, it seems like they could have threw in Gladys from the Phantom Zone... I think she's the only voiced character aside from King Kong, the Kraken, the Eye of Sauron (question mark? I didn't pay attention to the LoTR sets) and Agent Smith not to have an appearance in any set.

As-is, though, this is really cool, and I did not anticipate that they would ever do something like this. All of the brick-built details rival the puffer fish and squid in Ninjago City, but they're much more varied and prominent here

Wow. rollorcoaster track/car, waved panel brick, AND 4X4 ㄱ PART!!!!!!

I wonder how much smooth that track....

I do think this set is pretty cool however the price tag is a little too much to bear..............Destinys Bounty far better value for money and a cracking set...

4 hours ago, Hunter003 said:

I do think this set is pretty cool however the price tag is a little too much to bear..............Destinys Bounty far better value for money and a cracking set...

The Bounty doesn't have a whole new track system for a roller coaster. Those kinds of parts probably don't come cheap—they're fairly large and represent five new molds (in addition to the two new molds for Nightwing).

In any case, the manor still comes to less than 10 cents per piece—not too bad considering it's a licensed set!

how much money do you think could be realistically recouped by selling off the figs in this set? I'm considering buying 2 in order to build a better  "normal" wayne manor and separate joker roller coaster, but only if i can recoup 150ish through figs. I would sell all figs from the second copy, as well as the batman/harley/joker from the first that we already got in earlier waves. It looks like barbara gordon is a rehashed fig as well?

assuming the white figs, nightwing and alfred can go for 20-25 thats a good chunk right there. Not sure how valuable the rehashed figs are though, I cant imagine they would sell for more than 5 or so.

Edited by yg33

Just now, yg33 said:

how much money do you think could be realistically recouped by selling off the figs in this set? I'm considering buying 2 in order to build a better  "normal" wayne manor and separate joker roller coaster, but only if i can recoup 150ish through figs. I would sell all figs from the second copy, as well as the batman/harley/joker from the first that we already got in earlier waves. It looks like barbara gordon is a rehashed fig as well?

assuming the white figs, nightwing and alfred can go for 20-25 thats a good chunk right there. Not sure how valuable the rehashed figs are though, I cant imagine they would sell for more than 5 or so.

I think that there is a good chance of recouping for the figs. Usually figs will sell for about 50% percent of the set price. I usually just shoot for about %30 and mine sell faster. I'm thinking of doing the same thing, buy two and a make a plain manor out of one. 

Not only would selling the minifigs help recover the cost of a second Joker manor, but also the new tracks would probably command a decent price as well.  No doubt, there will be people wanted to build a much larger roller coaster with those parts and will need extras.  

Ugh, I really hope those minifigures aren't going to sell for $20 - $25.  This is the problem with putting highly desirable minifigures in the big sets.